• Automatic

Votes: 56 24.9%
  • Manual

Votes: 169 75.1%

• Total voters

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Well you guys that got the auto but really wanted the manual, there are alot of people on Modularfords that would be willing to do a swap. And just think, you would end up the the T-56, and that thing is a monster!

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Same here. Only car I have. Street wise, it is alot smoother. I still cant find a downside to it, besides the price. But then again, you get what you pay for.

New Mach

Established Member
RacineRacing said:
drove a 03 Mach auto with a B&M hammer shifter...its fun to drive plus its the way to go if you are into bracket

I know it's asking alot, but is there a photo of that shifter your friends Mach? Would love to see how in looks in a Mustang prior to purchasing.

Thanks!

Michael

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I would like to put my two cents in on this topic. My WIFE's mach is a 5 speed, she refused to buy an auto, and will never own one. I have trained her well.

But, I will say this, different strokes for different folks.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Mach Daddy said:

Some people love the auto and race them very well. My personal pref was the stick. Both of them are fun to drive. :)

+1 A stick if it's just a toy but a PURPOSE BUILT auto if it's a trailered drag car.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I would like to put my two cents in on this topic. My WIFE's mach is a 5 speed, she refused to buy an auto, and will never own one. I have trained her well.

But, I will say this, different strokes for different folks.
maybe a dumb question but I see it alot. what does DSG stand for when people are talking about the car like a DSG Cobra or DSG mach 1

RAT

'05 Sportsman Of The Year
Established Member
Manual! It keeps you more focused on driving too. You can't talk on the phone, smoke a cig and read the paper while driving a stick. :poke:

DSG is short for Dark Shadow Gray

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Haha, you guys kill me. Once again, this isnt your wife's automatic. This is a built automatic designed around street duty. It has a manual valve body (which means that you still have to shift every gear).

I love how you weigh in on a discussion like this and don't even know what DSG stands for. Maybe you should do some more reading before piping up in a technical discussion.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
04svtdriver said:
maybe a dumb question but I see it alot. what does DSG stand for when people are talking about the car like a DSG Cobra or DSG mach 1

DSG = Dark Shadow Grey.

jackers said:
Haha, you guys kill me. Once again, this isnt your wife's automatic. This is a built automatic designed around street duty. It has a manual valve body (which means that you still have to shift every gear).

My comment about my wife's car, was not intended toards you or your choice of auto. It was to the original poster.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
2814v said:
Auto's are cool, my wife's minnivan has one.

Had to edit this. Never been a fan of mustangs with auto's. I had one once a loaded 95 GT. It was a slug, even after plenty of modds. I traded my 89 5-speed GT for it. Because I thought I wanted a more lux, grown up stang, I righted that wrong when I sold the 95 and bought a 97 cobra.
Dont get me wrong I think there are plenty of fast cars that work well with auto's, the L and MM come to mind but my mustangs will never agian row thier own gears.

This is the post I was referring to.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Read all the way through if you would like some real world information on this subject.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...bility-in-03-cobra-25730.html?highlight=4r70w

Once again, if I had to do it all over again, I would probably have bought a Mach 1 with an auto trans. It comes with the solid axle and the tranny already, all you have to do is pay to get them built up. That saves a lot of money from adding these parts to a cobra.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
So no comments after reading those posts or is everyone too busy searching for people to swap their transmissions?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I don't own a Mach 1 altho I came close a couple of times. I have two Cobras and they are both stick ... My GT is an auto .. and I like them both .. The auto is a nice change and to be honest at some point you will wind up getting a stick because you just can't shift anymore because of age or whatever.

On a drag strip .. I would prefer an Auto .. the rest of the time it is truely a toss up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread