Auto or Stick

• Automatic

Votes: 56 24.9%
  • Manual

Votes: 169 75.1%

• Total voters

Sha8ker510

Established Member
When I went to buy my mach they had 4 03's all with autos and 2 04s both with sticks, the only thing is they weren't willing to deal on the 04's and they only had the oxford white in an auto. So I thought I would save the 8 grand and take the auto. Plus I am getting ready to go to SF State so the auto is going to come in very handy.

04dsg mach

Established Member
im stick. i dont want to lose alot of power throught my trany espacally when i put in my cams.

67bigblock

Established Member
Sha8ker510 said:
When I went to buy my mach they had 4 03's all with autos and 2 04s both with sticks, the only thing is they weren't willing to deal on the 04's and they only had the oxford white in an auto. So I thought I would save the 8 grand and take the auto. Plus I am getting ready to go to SF State so the auto is going to come in very handy.

Damn!,...so what did that bad boy cost you and when in 04 did you get it!

MACHSELF

Established Member
PURE-USA said:
If you run a centrifical blower, without a doubt an auto. Without a power adder I'd take the stick any day.

Steve

Word!!! I have a stick now but if it had a power adder and put down 450+rwhp, I'll take an auto anyday for drag racing, but if you road race, take the stick. They both have their places.

2814v

Established Member
Auto's are cool, my wife's minnivan has one.

Had to edit this. Never been a fan of mustangs with auto's. I had one once a loaded 95 GT. It was a slug, even after plenty of modds. I traded my 89 5-speed GT for it. Because I thought I wanted a more lux, grown up stang, I righted that wrong when I sold the 95 and bought a 97 cobra.
Dont get me wrong I think there are plenty of fast cars that work well with auto's, the L and MM come to mind but my mustangs will never agian row thier own gears.

Last edited:

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
If i had a mach it would be a stick. I dislike the engine sound of auto stangs... well you know what i mean.. you can tell the differnces.

Ironhand

Banned
Stick in any type of sports car and my DD is a stick.. I wouldnt have it anyother way..

Now a big truck or something else it would have to be an auto but I am so good I can shift and hold my girlfriend's hand all at the same time. LOL I know, I've seen me do it!!! ROFL.

mustangmach04

Banned
i personally love having stick, but i have had 3 other stangs auto. But both are both fun to drive and both are fun to mod, either way you can have a fast car, just stick is one more thing you have to do, some people like it and others dont, its just personal opions.

Charles236

Established Member
I prefer the stick for daily driving. The automatic is nice, but I want to control my shifts. I find that the auto will sometimes refuse to downshift without being given more throttle than I would need to with a stick.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
I would go auto all the way!

I have a 2003 cobra that I swapped a solid axle in and now am getting my automatic built by Hermann. Dont think that this auto is like the one someone above made reference to their mini-van. This thing has a completely manual valve body (meaning I have to shift every gear) a trans brake so I can launch from a stop with boost, a 4000 rpm stall (meaning I dont lose RPM's during the shifts like the 5 or 6 speeds), and I wont go through clutches when I make upwards over 600 horsepower.

This is a 4R70W (same transmission that you mach guys have, well until the late run 04's, you guys have 4R75W's). I spent alot of money on this transmission. You guys have the option to have that from the factory and still go with a manual, you are nuts.

Now dont come and bash me about how my car is only track driven. It is my daily driver. It is my only car, and I regularly take trips from Maryland to North Carolina (5+ hours) and sit in alot of traffic here in Southern Maryland.

Basically, a properly setup auto will DESTROY a manual car. It allows you to truely utilize the power your car makes. So dont be so quick to bad mouth them until you actually ride in a properly done up one.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
I would go auto all the way!

I have a 2003 cobra that I swapped a solid axle in and now am getting my automatic built by Hermann. Dont think that this auto is like the one someone above made reference to their mini-van. This thing has a completely manual valve body (meaning I have to shift every gear) a trans brake so I can launch from a stop with boost, a 4000 rpm stall (meaning I dont lose RPM's during the shifts like the 5 or 6 speeds), and I wont go through clutches when I make upwards over 600 horsepower.

This is a 4R70W (same transmission that you mach guys have, well until the late run 04's, you guys have 4R75W's). I spent alot of money on this transmission. You guys have the option to have that from the factory and still go with a manual, you are nuts.

Now dont come and bash me about how my car is only track driven. It is my daily driver. It is my only car, and I regularly take trips from Maryland to North Carolina (5+ hours) and sit in alot of traffic here in Southern Maryland.

Basically, a properly setup auto will DESTROY a manual car. It allows you to truely utilize the power your car makes. So dont be so quick to bad mouth them until you actually ride in a properly done up one.

Users who are viewing this thread