Automatic....Would you?

Brian Z.

Established Member
Yes I would definitely buy an auto after enjoying my '13 GT with an auto as a daily driver. Would be great to have that option and then the consumer can choose which trans they want.

Jtaugner

Established Member
And I don't believe the 75ms manual trans shift, sorry. That's faster than a DCT M3.

This x100. Its also faster than a Ferrari FXX..

Because one dude on the planet shifts at "75ms"? Go ahead and practice, let me know how many tires and clutches you go through and never achieve what the basic automatic will.

Every Auto Hellcat will shift at 160ms. That's the point of an automatic. It's consistent and accurate.

Last edited:

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Hopefully Ford will listen to the consumer demand, and offer the automatic option on the upcoming SVT models. At least guve us a choice.

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Being one with the car is the best feeling of driving. The connected feeling and being in complete control of the machine is what makes driving such an exciting car that much more pleasurable. I do not like electronic throttle body's for the same reason of one more thing to get between you and the car.

Rented a Hertz Penske GT which comes with an automatic. FRPP tune and other performance parts. The new automatic is fabulous transmission. It's leaps and bounds better then the slush boxes of old. I ABSOULUTELY HATED IT. The car was "fast" but not having direct control was so frustrating! It would not hold the gear I wanted it to. The delay in manual mode was hard to time so it did nothing to help my complaint.

I'll keep my man peddle in my performance cars always(including my SCJ).

jbs$

Established Member
A high quality paddle shifter transmisson gives the best of both worlds. Get one and learn how to use it, it does take a little seat time to become comfortable with one.

jbs$

Established Member
Ichauvin, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but, there is no way, on Gods Green Earth, that you will out shift a Hellcat's auto. transmission.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
A high quality paddle shifter transmisson gives the best of both worlds. Get one and learn how to use it, it does take a little seat time to become comfortable with one.

This, I can say this much i will NEVER buy another car with the MT-82 in it. A DCT is the way to go so long as its durable and built correctly with the aftermarket in mind.

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
I also would get an automatic if I was getting a new 2016 SVT. Today's automatics seem to be less power robbing than the ones years past. Heck if the new ZO6 is coming out with an automatic why not the new SVT?

Charlington

Established Member
Just give us a choice. I bet sales would double. Lot of folks out there that won't buy because manual is not an option. I'm building a car that Ford never made. They could have made it. All the parts were on the shelf but corps can't do stuff just for fun. I am literally Jonesing for a Cobra but has to be an automatic and I'll have to take flak from people because "it's not a real Cobra" haha. So I'm leaving off all the Cobra bling and It cost me more than just buying a real Cobra with half the resale value.

Wildpony

Established Member
I bought my '98 when I was 33 yrs old. I am now 50. It's not that I don't like shifting a manual, I do, but when I look at these guys such as my tuner (Lidio) running an auto and getting great times I just want that. Yeah I guess I would rather have a 6 spd auto that doesn't need any mods internally and be able to handle over 700 at the wheels- esp when the base Mustangs have been getting non bullet proof T-56's. Just easier, although maybe not as fun, to stick it in drive and punch it.

GoingHaam

Established Member
coming in this thread... i didnt expect to see this thread to be leaning so heavy to the auto side.... how ever +1 for auto

Charlington

Established Member
If Ford offers their GT350 in an auto , I would be all over it depending on the horsepower.

I would have bought a 2014 GT 500 in a heart beat if that was offered with an auto.

As for the Ford 6 speed auto holding up....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yxekmav2eQ ... NEED I SAY MORE !!!

Hertz Car Rental had a specially made GT350H. Ya that was about 45yrs ago but still... you could rent an Automatic GT350!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hertz Car Rental had a specially made GT350H. Ya that was about 45yrs ago but still... you could rent an Automatic GT350!

Yes, I have one in my garage. ;-)
BTW, many vintage Shelby are auto, including my '66 GT350H and my dad's '67 GT500.
But I still prefer the manual for my '14.
That said, they offer an auto and sale numbers would be huge.
-J

Charlington

Established Member
That GT350H must not have an LSD 'cuase I burned the tire all the way down the block with 4 people in the car making the getaway from a wedding. That was over 45yrs ago. My sister told everyone "No Rice" but 2 people didn't get the message and a lot of it went right down the hood scoops... Ya, we rented it just for a wedding getaway car.

4vpower

Banned
I really want auto [DCT style] in GT350. it sucks car will be available with 7speed manual only for the first year , hopefully Ford gives us an option for an auto following year

Steve@Tasca

Off topic, but tell BT3 I love seeing the cobra on his funny car! I was definitely rooting for him in Texas.

Thanks, I know he truly appreciates his fans. The team has had a rough year but they're still plugging away and I'm always amazed at Bobs positive attitude, hell of a good guy to work for.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread