Automobile's 3 part ZL1 vs GT500 review

germeezy1

Established Member
They have judged not by feel but by gm advertisements. GM says it handles so it must handle. Preconcieved notion is not how you inform readers!

This is all we are stating. As for GT500 handling it is better than most people believe, dare I say better than the zl1?:eek:

They actually drove both cars so if anything it is you that is making the decision based on preconceived notions. The reason that they test these cars is so they can make their own determination as to which car they prefer. You who have driven neither car is all of a sudden the expert on telling all of us that they are biased.

When you rate a Focus higher than a Cruze based on the Ford's better handling FEEL....especially economy cars. Than it isn't unexpected that you would rate the ZL1 as better only based on handling feel regardless of who made the car. Let me guess all of those previous Mustang tests that destroyed the Camaro were biased as well?

germeezy1

Established Member
Where can I go out and buy a brand new 2012/2013 Fox-body? Would LOVE to be able to (3100 lbs with a 420 HP 5.0.....drool). But unfortunately, that's not reality.

If I'm a drag racer, and want the baddest new car out there that I intend to take the the drag strip, I get a GT500.

Those that ONLY care about going fast, and want the most straight line performance for their money don't typically look at new cars. Unless of course we are talking about a factory drag special like the Mustang Cobra Jet. Drag only cars don't need nice stereos, or navigation systems or 3,800 lb curb weights.

germeezy1

Established Member
I was also go on record saying again that I hope that the next GT500 tests crown the GT500 as the KING.

10sec5oh

Established Member
Those that ONLY care about going fast, and want the most straight line performance for their money don't typically look at new cars. Unless of course we are talking about a factory drag special like the Mustang Cobra Jet. Drag only cars don't need nice stereos, or navigation systems or 3,800 lb curb weights.

Wrong on so many levels...

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I was also go on record saying again that I hope that the next GT500 tests crown the GT500 as the KING.

The GT500 already has been crowned King. When a car gets beat in what it specializes in and gets raped at what it should specialize in, that means the winner is the better performer. I don't need a magazine to tell me a ZL1 wins because it's comfy. If I wanted something for comfort I would buy a luxury car or a SUV. Simple as that.

Last edited:

germeezy1

Established Member
You guys have fun in this thread....I will be over on Racing Junk looking for a $65,000 drag car...with Recaro seats that hold you in place while cornering. Also with an SVT Performance Package for amazing straight line handling. I will make sure it has navigation so I can find my drag strip easier, and Sirius Travel link so I can make sure it doesn't rain on my drag days.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
You guys have fun in this thread....I will be over on Racing Junk looking for a $65,000 drag car...with Recaro seats that hold you in place while cornering. Also with an SVT Performance Package for amazing straight line handling. I will make sure it has navigation so I can find my drag strip easier, and Sirius Travel link so I can make sure it doesn't rain on my drag days.

Sounds like a plan, good luck with that!:coolman:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
...You who have driven neither car is all of a sudden the expert on telling all of us that they are biased....

I have not and will not claim that Autombile or Edmunds is biased (or not biased). However, if someone that has not driven either car shouldn't be claiming bias, how could someone else that has not driven either car claim that they are NOT biased?

Isn't one just as bad as the other?

Captain Beyond

Established Member
The GT500 already has been crowned King. When a car gets beat in what it specializes in and gets raped at what it should specialize in, that means the winner is the better performer. I don't need a magazine to tell me a ZL1 wins because it's comfy. If I wanted something for comfort I would buy a luxury car or a SUV. Simple as that.

^
This

LostPony

Established Member

Replies like this one are why people get upset with you, it just comes across as antagonistic . I have silently agreed with some of your posts about why and how magazines pick their "winner" in comparisons, despite an obvious advantage one car may appear to have in raw data. Some cars just give you a great feeling when you drive them. They engage you more. A friend, a Corvette owner, looked at my Boss and remarked, "That's typical Ford, simple and it works." It wasn't derogatory, just an observation. That is what I prefer in a car, mechanical simplicity. That to me rewards more than fancy electronic wizardry doing it for me.

taz2005

Established Member

adios amigo :pepper:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Does your 4200lb $55,000 land yacht with shit efficiency, a shit interior, shit visibility, shit acceleration & way worse heat soak got you upset?

At least with all that weight and lack of power makes for a lot more grip.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
A cts-v best of both worlds, plus room to mod. For a wolf in sheeps clothing. Cops just think it's an old mans car, but when you wanna have fun smash your right foot.

This statement shows how little you actually know about anything.

germeezy1

Established Member
You mad kid? Does your 4200lb $55,000 land yacht with shit efficiency, a shit interior, shit visibility, shit acceleration, heat soak that has more grip like a lot of piece of shit underpowered cars got you upset?

Can you get a point across without using profanity? Also is reading not a strong point , and can you not see the MUSTANG in my signature? I would not drive a ZL1 if they gave it to me except to trade it in on a Corvette or a GT500.

I have not and will not claim that Autombile or Edmunds is biased (or not biased). However, if someone that has not driven either car shouldn't be claiming bias, how could someone else that has not driven either car claim that they are NOT biased?

Isn't one just as bad as the other?

I never claimed that they were not biased, I simply pointed out that history shows us that they are not biased against FORD. I simply pointed out why they chose the ZL1 because I did not read the article with oval...and blue glasses on. I didn't drink the GM Kool Aid....I simply read the article.

Replies like this one are why people get upset with you, it just comes across as antagonistic . I have silently agreed with some of your posts about why and how magazines pick their "winner" in comparisons, despite an obvious advantage one car may appear to have in raw data. Some cars just give you a great feeling when you drive them. They engage you more. A friend, a Corvette owner, looked at my Boss and remarked, "That's typical Ford, simple and it works." It wasn't derogatory, just an observation. That is what I prefer in a car, mechanical simplicity. That to me rewards more than fancy electronic wizardry doing it for me.

I would agree with that, and this is exactly why I say that the ZL1 although amazing for a 4,100 lb car isn't the track weapon that well sorted Miata or Lotus Elise would be. Usually in cars like the GTR the electronic wizadry takes away from the experience, and the ZL1's MRC suspension actually takes a car that isn't known for its amazing handling and helps it to handle amazingly.

Personally cars like the C6 Corvette are cars that I like because they are fairly powerful, and they are relatively lightweight for handling. I feel that Corvette's track mode for its stability control in some ways enhances the experience. I like the Boss as well for it's simplicity even though I prefer the GT500.

IA Shelby

Established Member
In the end how many people will be truly swayed to purchase either car based on these results? Nobody.

For those that are truly undecided they will try to get a test drive, sit in each car and then make a decision.

I would guess this is still less than 3 % of the buyers.

So let's realize this is just another version of the republicans vs the democrats.

Most people are not open minded, they just hope someone confirms their rationale and thinking.

I for one, bought what I wanted, not what others told me I should buy.

Get the Shelby and be happy. Or for that matter get the ZL1 and have Michael Moore sign it.

Users who are viewing this thread