Automobile's 3 part ZL1 vs GT500 review

Captain Beyond

Established Member
The same argument could be made about the drag strip times, .7 is a big difference on the course just as on the strip, especially being that the gt500 has a 100hp and 230 pound advantage.

...so would you consider .6 a big difference on the Streets of Willow road course where the GT500 ran a faster lap time than the zl1? :burnout: ...especially being that the zl1 has magnetic suspension and IRS. :-D

2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs. 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Track Comparison Test

Last edited:

germeezy1

Established Member
...so would you consider .6 a big difference on the Streets of Willow road course where the GT500 ran a faster lap time than the zl1? :-D

2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs. 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Track Comparison Test

The outcome of their original test did not change which proves exactly what I have been saying, and told you is reflected in their past tests. The main , and only thing they care about is handling feel even more so than anything else including actual lap times.

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Germeezy - a closet bowtie nutswinger in blue clothing. The man who claims love for a GT500, and that it is the only one he would buy, while at the same time throwing disguised daggers at the same car. The one who will argue until he is "blue" in the face, that the articles are unbiased, and that the writers picked the car they thought is best, while pretending that he is buying a GT500. This same man, who will talk down to anyone that dares to not buy what he is selling, as if he is somehow more worthy to make a determination of which car is better....................

Ummmm................. I'll take "arrogance" for $500, Alex. (no offense to he who just had a heart attack)

I get a kick out of germeezy. Rarely does one get to truly experience someone who has such a falsely inflated sense of self.

The funny thing being, that noone should be surprised that a lesser powered, slower car is easier to drive. That is called common sense. However, with someone with as big of an ego as germeezy, common sense rarely comes into play.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
The outcome of their original test did not change which proves exactly what I have been saying, and told you is reflected in their past tests. The main , and only thing they care about is handling feel even more so than anything else including actual lap times.

Well if that's the case then why in the world are they reviewing these two muscle cars? The review should just say that both of the cars suck balls and you go out and buy an Ariel Atom? You are on a "slippery slope" when judging with such a narrow minded view.

tbi0904

Established Member
Doesn't he have a GT500, and isn't that his opinion?

No he's a troll who's only here to get people riled up. Don't believe me, go read some of the asinine stuff he's written, including calling the '13 GT500 a shitbox. That sound like a real owner to you? I know you're desperate for a buddy right now but troll hugging is probably not the best way to go about it.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
...so would you consider .6 a big difference on the Streets of Willow road course where the GT500 ran a faster lap time than the zl1? :burnout: ...especially being that the zl1 has magnetic suspension and IRS. :-D

Damn how did i miss this? So the GT500 brakes better, faster at the drag strip, and faster around a road course with its cave man chassis/suspension but the ZL1 gets the win cause its drives like a cadillac?? Wait maybe bc it is a cadillac.

Glad the numbers dont lie. They are supercharged PONY cars, give me the faster one. Plain and simple.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You just described a gt500 basically...

Steven, you've been all over the map. Can you blame anyone for having difficulty in following your mindset? For example...

SVTeveN said:
The 2011-12 gt500's handle very nice especially with the 102lbs off the nose.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/11172696-post22.html

You proudly linked a GT500 ZR1 showdown...
SVTeveN said:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJhV058OV-k"]Shelby GT 500 vs ZR1 Corvette - YouTube[/nomedia]

Sorry I had to lol
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/807243-unbias-poll-2.html#post11174609

SVTeveN said:
I would easily get an 11 or 12. For all the upgrades alone. I have yet to have a 1 - 2 shift grind in my 12. With the 102lbs off the front end, the car feels much more confident in the twistys. I have driven my brother in laws 2010 through some twistys and the turn in was definitly not as confident inspiring and had a slight understeer.
The value of the 11/12 will be also better in the long run.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/11202182-post18.html

The above is rather interesting considering that you later said the following regarding "second gear grind"...

This sucks as my 12 was a victim of this...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/858049-2nd-gear-grind-3.html#post11919599

Kewlv8

Established Member
SVTeven and germeezy1...what's your username at C5? Are you LOWDOWN and MLEE?

LOL. Those boobs, like Goldenbear, are about to pull a disappearing act on both forums :whine: . Only thing they are good for now is a laugh. Tell those girls to keep it in the garage, and if they see a GT500 stripe, get off the expressway anyway they can. Fake a blowout if needed....:lol1:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Lol yeah Lowdown was actually called out as someone on another forum that admited in that one he comes on C5 just to antagonize the Ford posters on purpose....The thread was erased of course.

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Lol yeah Lowdown was actually called out as someone on another forum that admited in that one he comes on C5 just to antagonize the Ford posters on purpose....The thread was erased of course.

Actually, Lowdown is someone who cannot post like he does, under his normal name.

It would look very bad for someone of his stature to lower himself so much. The sad thing is, one cannot keep up the double life indefinitally.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Actually, Lowdown is someone who cannot post like he does, under his normal name.

It would look very bad for someone of his stature to lower himself so much. The sad thing is, one cannot keep up the double life indefinitally.

well this is a mustang forum, so alliances mean nothing to me here as far as that moron is concerned...with that said can we out him here? his standing means absolutely nothing here...so by all means tell us who he really us so I can try to understand why he purposely tries to be a retard :bash:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
The zl1 is not my cup of tea. But, if I liked it's looks and wanted a 580 HP automatic with a comfy ride to commute in daily traffic, it would be a decent choice. Still, I would probably always feel I had to make excuses when the 662 HP GT500 came up in conversation. That would be unsettling.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The zl1 is not my cup of tea. But, if I liked it's looks and wanted a 580 HP automatic with a comfy ride to commute in daily traffic, a cadillac CTS-V would be a decent choice. Still, I would probably always feel I had to make excuses when the 662 HP GT500 came up in conversation. That would be unsettling.

fixed for you

Users who are viewing this thread