Avocados...Love 'em or Leave 'em?

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
I love them, always have. My family raises the haas variety. Some people have never tasted one, some can't stand them! What about you? I just made avocado sammichs for lunch and they were awesome. :pepper:

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
I love them also. I didn't think I liked them for a long time, until I realized I had never actually tried one. Once I did I was hooked! Omm nom nom nom.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Love them. My friend's dad owns an Avocado farm so they give us a couple bags of them every once in a while. I love making toast and taking a very ripe avocado and using it as a spread over the toast, sprinkle a little salt and pepper on there, then add a couple slices of tomato and lettuce and you have yourself a very delicious and nutritious sandwhich filled with good protein.

oldmodman

Established Member
Free avocados are the best.

My neighbor has three trees and can't get rid of them all.

Great in salads, for guacamole, and just by themselves.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Love em, but I'm mildly allergic so I have to keep my intake to a minimum.

txyaloo

Established Member
Avocado + Texas BBQ = so much win

I always have avocados in my house. I eat 4-5 a week at a minimum.

03vert70charger

Established Member
I don't really care for avocado slices, but I do love me some spicy guacamole. Not many people make their guac spicy, but I think its the only way to go.

ChrisRedGT

Established Member
My 4 year old will go into the fridge, find one and bring it to my wife. He hasn't yet tried to take bite out of one, but knows it needs to be cut up.

As she's cutting it, he'll bring over a chair and supervise, putting his hand out for a slice as quick as she can cut it!

My wife adds it to a cold chicken and rice meal during the summer that all my kids devour.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I never liked them until i made some guac for the girlfriend and I tried it and really liked it.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i feel out of place but i just dont like the taste of them. I could never get addicted. Maybe i just need to try them again someday

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Not a fan... But Ill let you make me something else with my sammich Julie. :lol:

Oh I bet you would. :rollseyes Funny guy. :p

Avocado on a tuna sammich...mmmmm I could go on 'n on. :pepper:

Anyone ever had avocado ice cream? I heard it's good but haven't brought myself to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread