Avoid JJ @ Woodbine Motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heuristic

Established Member
You're an idiot. He never said dont share the story. Everyone is saying its ok to share the story but be mature about it and stop trying to ruin the guy he he manned up to his mistakes and tried to fix it.

Don't bash the guy over your individual bad experience. For every one bad remark about people there are usually a dozen or more good ones.
:dw:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You're an idiot. He never said dont share the story. Everyone is saying its ok to share the story but be mature about it and stop trying to ruin the guy he he manned up to his mistakes and tried to fix it.

Your one of the biggest idiot in this thread. Next to the 2 Pons that finally got smart and step out of this thread. Only difference is you say one thing and then do another. You can't seem to to read a whole post before opening your mouth and then go a say something stupid again.

Last edited:

Charisma

Established Member
JJ u r losing a lot more than that $200 ur keeping. What a shame.

Seems like a lot of advertising to me. :shrug: 95% of the users commenting are far outside JJ's reach as it is.

Reality is, you see a lot of threads like this in the aftermarket world and even moreso, the majority of the companies that get bashed like this are some of the biggest shops.

04azuremach can vouch; he sure hates JPC and IIRC created quite the thread about them. Since then... they've exploded.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Your one of the biggest idiot in this thread. Next to the 2 Pons that finally got smart and step out of this thread. Only difference is you say one thing and then do another. You can't seem to to read a whole post before opening your mouth and then go a say something stupid again.

lol truth:banana::bash::bash::bash:

PhillyLS1

Established Member
Figured I would give this a day or two to sort out before I replied again and then I read this from you. What bullshit keith. Your now going to put words into the guys at vortech that "sponsor" you? The one guy from vortech that was there at mustang week that I spoke to last week told me that the car was not running right but could not comment as to why. He didn't say the tune was bad and he sure as shit didn't say the car didn't have a mechanical problem. He had no opinion on why the car was running the way it was. Shall I post the actual emails between us? Trust me that's the last thing I would do because I value the relationships I have with companies such as vortech and its less then professional to do so but they do exist.

You can post whatever you want. You have no credibility anymore. Your story is full of holes.

The car ran fine while you had it. Then all of a sudden it's everything except you? It's mechanical, it's the weather, it's this, it's that. Right. You have a major company agreeing that the car runs like shit after leaving your shop.

It's lose lose for you dude. You messed up my car. You lied. Reap the ramifications.

Also I didn't waste any of your time trying to bring the car back to me. Your girlfriend called me for the refund less then 1 hr from the time I posted that I rescinded my offer to look at your car again and that was about 1/2 hour after we spoke on the phone.

"Didn't waste any of your time". See? This is the real JJ coming out. This is the attitude I got over the phone. Now the people reading this understand my hesitation to bring the car back to you.

I will not issue a full refund. You got 1/2 of what your girlfriend paid back and that's fair considering I tightened the steering shaft you left loose and filled the I/C tank that you left empty at no charge.
You read it here first folks! JJ charges $200.00 to tighten a bolt the customer points out is loose and fills a reservoir.

Lastly I will not ever work on or look at this car or any car that Keith ever owns. This has been an unfortunate situation and one that I am taking some blame for but one that the customer has blown up out of proportion, called names and blasted me on no less then three sites when a simple "yes I will bring it back so you can look at it" would have yielded a better outcome. (And the "yes I will bring it back" should have come before calling me a thief and a liar and after I initially asked for him to do so)
I won't have to worry about me taking my car back to you among numerous other people.

You're a liar. No matter how many times you respond, or try to flip it, you lied and you admitted it.

cjb08

Established Member
As a relatively small business owner.... I understand JJ's side a little more than most and have at times drawn a line with a customer (where I could have given them what they wanted), but chose not to and we as business owners must pay the consequences for those decisions. I can say that generally it's better to just give in and give them whatever they want...definitely cost less in the long run, but it's ultimately JJ's decision. I also can't stand how the customer is handling it as well and would want to tell him to go screw himself.
Sucks either way.
That being said I'm using Adam at revolution to tune my e85 whipple in a few weeks and would probably avoid JJ myself based on what I've read.
Good thing about being a small business owner is that it all rides on you...you ultimately control your own destiny either way and Sounds like JJ is prepared to take whatever loss he may incur due to his handling of this.

Last edited:

Evilwayz

Established Member
i'm a service manager at a dealer and we bend over backwards for customers who have an issue with our service so this type of thing does not happen. We have the income to do things like that,. be it wrong or right most of the time it's wrong. cause it's the one time customers that bitch about simple shit that get the world given to them, so they don't hurt our "csi" score cause there being vindictive over a simple problem. As i said earlier if half our happy customers post things about how great there service was versuse the handful of customers that had a bad expersence. the good would trump the bad 90% of the time. it's a shame but thats reality.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
i'm a service manager at a dealer and we bend over backwards for customers who have an issue with our service so this type of thing does not happen. We have the income to do things like that,. be it wrong or right most of the time it's wrong. cause it's the one time customers that bitch about simple shit that get the world given to them, so they don't hurt our "csi" score cause there being vindictive over a simple problem. As i said earlier if half our happy customers post things about how great there service was versuse the handful of customers that had a bad expersence. the good would trump the bad 90% of the time. it's a shame but thats reality.

I've never posted a vendor bash thread in my life. In fact quite the opposite.

However I've never had a vendor lie to me and admit it then hang up on me. I've also never had a vendor charge me $200.00 to fill a reservoir and tighten a bolt. Especially after damaging the appearance of my car.

Evilwayz

Established Member
listen i've been in the service industry for 15 years and i tend to side with my customers
even if it's not right thing for my company.but if there seems to be no resolution in sight some times you need to cut your ties. Take in to the fact of the passion that some people take in there work and to be called a thief or a lier they will shut down and you can't blame them.and at the end of the day you just want the chance to make you're customer happy

Evilwayz

Established Member
when it comes down to it both of you are to hard headed to see the other persons side

old_goat

Established Member
I think that JJ and Philly should get a room somewhere. From what I've heard, make up sex can be real intense. :-D

when it comes down to it both of you are to hard headed to see the other persons side

It's really that simple. Either way, a lot of us don't give a shit. When it comes to reading a review or a write up about some business, one negative review doesn't really make any difference. It's more about the businesses body of work, versus one customer.

In these days of multiple car forums, a business should take a very proactive line against just giving refunds without an effort to correct problems.

I'm not saying this is the principle or context in this thread, but if all it takes is for someone to say, "pay me back or I'll post this on the internet and trash your business" and some business just writes a check real quick, they're setting themselves up for failure. They will always be running scared.

In the car world, there are just too many variables to contemplate in one of these he said/he said arguments.

This thread can go on forever, but nobody will win.

I posted this about 4 days ago and stand by my feelings.

JJ 10.88 Coyote

Established Member
I've never posted a vendor bash thread in my life. In fact quite the opposite.

However I've never had a vendor lie to me and admit it then hang up on me. I've also never had a vendor charge me $200.00 to fill a reservoir and tighten a bolt. Especially after damaging the appearance of my car.

It wasn't 200 to tighten a bolt and fill the I/C tank on your supposed "mechanically perfect" (your words) car that you brought to me. It was hours and hours of time getting the theft system reset ( a favor done by a buddy of mine who is a Ford tech and no fault of my own that it set) along with the computer that bricked for whatever reason before I could even begin to tune the vehicle. How many times did Nikki's computer brick when it was trying to be tuned at another shop just a few days after you picked up your car here????

I refunded half of your money, which by your own admission via text messages you were happy with but for some reason now its not enough and now your throwing in melted wrapped tailpipes that at the time you said "were no concern and don't worry about it JJ my buddy will handle that for me".

Come on Keith, between the supposed towing of your car to your house, which you have avoided answering direct questions and talking about to the now " you didn't give me a complete refund", which you said you only wanted half of your money back (sorry, your girlfriends money back) you really don't know which side of your mouth your talking out of.

But no worries on my end because after reading this from the third party I completely understand.

(I know he is one caustic guy when he is upset),

If it makes you feel better to hang your hat on thinking I "hung up on you" that's fine, but as I already posted you had called from a restricted number and knowing, because you take every opportunity to mention it that your in LE I didn't call you back after the call dropped. I figured you were at work and would call me back. So instead of calling me back you decided to trash me on no less then 3 forums, call me a liar and a thief. Sorry but I'm not a child and I told you on the phone that I don't play this " he said, she said" internet crap. Sure I will get the haters and sure I will get the guys that say this will "hurt my business" but I would rather defend myself, state my case and say what I know to be the truth then roll over and have someone such as yourself running around with a tune of mine that I had to do all because someone "took it to the internet" while calling me names like a child.

I'm proud of the vehicles that I have tuned but more importantly I am proud to have been able to tune those cars for the owners of those cars because those people are good people who have a good head on their shoulders. I respect them and if there is a problem they deal directly with me and in turn I deal directly with them in a respectful manner without name calling. They don't play "internet thug" and make threats so in the end I am so happy your car is running around on a tune that is not mine.

Oh and if you have never "bashed another shop" why did I receive calls saying to not deal with you from other shops? Your own admission on the phone was enough for me to realize it was true.

As you can see I have happy customers and in 10 years 2 problems are a pretty good track record so I must be doing something right and that something right is doing whatever it takes to make a customer happy when there is a problem, something you refused to take advantage of when it was offered and then subsequently decided to disparage the very person trying to help...

JJ

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Seems like a lot of advertising to me. :shrug: 95% of the users commenting are far outside JJ's reach as it is.

Reality is, you see a lot of threads like this in the aftermarket world and even moreso, the majority of the companies that get bashed like this are some of the biggest shops.

04azuremach can vouch; he sure hates JPC and IIRC created quite the thread about them. Since then... they've exploded.

Your searching for a cause and effect that isnt there.

There are plenty of threads bashing smaller shops. They're just not as memorable. There's no way I've given JPC any business whatsoever.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Oh and if you have never "bashed another shop" why did I receive calls saying to not deal with you from other shops? Your own admission on the phone was enough for me to realize it was true.

JJ

You've said this several times and Keith has stated his Camaro has only been to one shop (which he has a great relationship with that I can vouch for) and his mustang has been to you. So, who are these phantom shops? Or are you going to keep them to yourself and claim professional courtesy? Or maybe, because you've done this before, you're being untruthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread