Avoid JJ @ Woodbine Motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too40gawlf

Banned
Thats all he needed to admit to to ensure I would never do business with him. You don't ever lie to a customer for any reason if you want to have any credibility with them. Noob business owner mistake.

This. I dont think JJ realizes just how many eyes will glance over this thread and fixate on the part where he ADMITS to deceiving or trying to deceive Keith. Also, I dont think JJ appreciates just how many people in this community have met or know and trust Keith.

Either way, JJ read this one wrong. The $400 or $800 involved for this fiasco will seem like microscopic crumbs to the thousands and thousands JJ will lose out on from customers who have trepidation after reading all this.

Heuristic

Established Member
This. I dont think JJ realizes just how many eyes will glance over this thread and fixate on the part where he ADMITS to deceiving or trying to deceive Keith. Also, I dont think JJ appreciates just how many people in this community have met or know and trust Keith.

Either way, JJ read this one wrong. The $400 or $800 involved for this fiasco will seem like microscopic crumbs to the thousands and thousands JJ will lose out on from customers who have trepidation after reading all this.

This thread has been averaging over 30 viewers at a time every time I've click on it since it's been posted

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
With all due respect to both guys, I think PRIDE got in the way of GOODNESS. JJ is propbably a good tuner and a good guy but he lost a chance to prove to anyone with a brain that he was right. By rescinding the offer to look at the car he just didn't want to be proven wrong. Maybe it was a smart move from his part because that would definitely show his true color. By retreating behind the name calling as the reason for not following through with his previous request is all BS. It was hefty calculated move to leave doubts in our minds depending on which side we're on. JJ, I don't buy it. You have built your business on your reputation and I applaud you, but you blew this one and you let your ego get in the way. Good luck though, and Keith, I am glad you got some of your money back as you wanted at the first place. Good luck with the car.

^^^^THIS x 100000000000000000

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Sorry to hear this happend OP......

I was going through the same deal in some sorts with my local tuner, just with the performance not being on par, but we resolved it in a better fashion than this.

Friday night I will be going to the track to see if the adjustments we've been making through datalogs/time back on the dyno has paid off. He admitted to me once I went back with my complaints (takes a real man to do) that he wasn't to familiar with the centrifugal type on the 5.0 (always done whipples and tvs').

He didn't blow smoke up my ass but assured me he could get it dialed in if given the opportunity. Hell he even got me into the shop to install my Circle D TC and swap to a 3.6 in one days notice this past week. That right there is being loyal to your customers and not saying screw you I don't need you as a customer. If all else fails and he can get me where my set-up should be he said he would give me a partial refund....then I will be going with Daniel from TSS/ Shaun from AED to get me squared away.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
i don't think sending a customer one tune telling them it is another is ever the right way to handle something. That is terrible customer service. Lying once to a customer makes them always fearful you are lying again, specially if they have trouble. Specially when they catch you in the lie.

this just seems like a giant mess.

x2

Dave5.0

Established Member
As I said earlier - JJ should have swallowed his pride, made his customer happy, and not have had to deal with this massive mess.

junioRace

Established Member
This is like watching Ground Hog Day.

I will give you a link to a thread that is not unlike what has happened here to the OP. Pulling coil packs and plugs tips/short cuts - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com

You can read the whole thing, but if you start out at about post #68 it will save you some reading...lol. I am sure a few might say I am bashing (the vendor) by posting this link up. I am only pointing you guys to a thread and you can make your own conclusion.

To the OP, good luck on getting your tuning issues resolved.

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Wash, rinse, repeat.....lots of
stfu.gif
....................wow.

Last edited:

faztcobra

Established Member
Also, I am still confused like others. OP claims he has the stock Vortech tune and that he loaded that instead of the identical tune that JJ sent him of the apparent broken one. Why is this being ignored by JJ who continues to say the OP loaded his tune back on the car.
I'm curious as well. This has been asked/mentioned several times and continues to get overlooked. Buehler?

Judge Judy

It seems like both sides are avoiding big questions here.

JJ
1. Did his car run properly when it arrived to you?
2. Did it in fact stall out when he left? Did he call you that night with concerns about it running properly?
3. Why do you keep saying it is currently running fine on your tune, when he continually states he is using stock Vortech tune that it had when it arrived to your shop?

Keith
1. Where is the proof of breaking down and tow? At least show your call log of calling a tow company.
2. If it failed to even start, what changed to make it drivable to Mustang week?

It seems JJ has a history of not owning up to his workmanship and blaming everything else. Credability of a shop is everything and it is seriously in question here.

My suggestion to put the issue to rest.
Keith go to an independent 3rd party shop for tune. Perform a baseline dyno on current stock Vortech tune. Perform a dyno run on JJ tune. Finally perform a dyno run on new 3rd party tune.

Keith and JJ must agree here to finally put this to rest.
1) If in fact the JJ tune is defective and does not make power as Keith claims, then JJ must refund full cost of services and pay for half of 3rd party retune.
2) If JJ tune makes more power than stock Vortech, then JJ keeps his full cost of services and Keith issues an apology and pays for 3rd party services.
:beer:

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
It seems like both sides are avoiding big questions here.

JJ
1. Did his car run properly when it arrived to you?
2. Did it in fact stall out when he left? Did he call you that night with concerns about it running properly?
3. Why do you keep saying it is currently running fine on your tune, when he continually states he is using stock Vortech tune that it had when it arrived to your shop?

Keith
1. Where is the proof of breaking down and tow? At least show your call log of calling a tow company.
2. If it failed to even start, what changed to make it drivable to Mustang week?

It seems JJ has a history of not owning up to his workmanship and blaming everything else. Credability of a shop is everything and it is seriously in question here.

My suggestion to put the issue to rest.
Keith go to an independent 3rd party shop for tune. Perform a baseline dyno on current stock Vortech tune. Perform a dyno run on JJ tune. Finally perform a dyno run on new 3rd party tune.

Keith and JJ must agree here to finally put this to rest.
1) If in fact the JJ tune is defective and does not make power as Keith claims, then JJ must refund full cost of services and pay for half of 3rd party retune.
2) If JJ tune makes more power than stock Vortech, then JJ keeps his full cost of services and Keith issues an apology and pays for 3rd party services.

No

mhyjek

Established Member
OP update us when you get another tune. Hopefully you use Lund or AED they both do a great job. Also JJ what tuner called you to tell you not to deal with the OP?

chvybeatsford

Established Member

Only issue here I can think of is that Keith says drivability sucks. I'd say it be better to do a data log of the driving on all tunes and let some folks here see if issues will arrive do to the tune. I'm no tunner so I don't know but could a tune drive like crap but still have great WOT pulls witch could read higher on the dyno than stock vortech tune. Of course he would need to have a wide band and drive the same way on all three. Name all three data logs without Any way of some one knowing witch is witch and see. What happens there.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread