Axzd plan pricing on new 2008 gt 500's

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I have an uncle in Michigan who recently retired from Ford that is always trying to get me to buy a new one. What is the discount like for the z plan? I know what the a plan entails.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
a= ford employee pricing
z=r etired ford employee pricing
x = supplier pricing, if you work for a company that ford gives special pricing to their employees
d= ford dealership employees
and yes a pin number is required for these plans
:coolman:

A & Z plans = Ford employees and their immediate families/"in laws" - this one offers the biggest savings (% under dealer cost)
X plan = Ford employees to give to friends and families (% above dealer cost)

You also get all rebates and incentives on top of these discounts.

and yes all these plans require a sponsor to generate a pin#.

+ the dealerships determine if they will allow you to use these plans, not Ford. If one dealer says no, go to another one.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I have an uncle in Michigan who recently retired from Ford that is always trying to get me to buy a new one. What is the discount like for the z plan? I know what the a plan entails.

Isn't that your "brother in law" that you have in Michigan?;-)

frydguy79

Established Member

z is the same pricing as A plan, its for the retired ford employees

IDGT500

Established Member
it depends on how bad they are wanting to move them and whether or not the dealer got it on trade or ordered it in
a car with a retail of 47705 should have a invoice of 436xx something and then you have the marketing money of 3000 would make a zero of 40600 on a go get car and if the dealer had hold back on it of about 13xx.xx less for a zero deal, and most are not in the business of losing money

and dplan is only for the employees of a ford dealership and their imediate family, father,mother brother,sister, and steps, and grand parents

let me know if im wrong but the local dealer here gave me an offer of 40k for a new 09 and the msrp on this particular one is 47k, so are they actually losing money by selling me the car?!

Speedfreek

Established Member
let me know if im wrong but the local dealer here gave me an offer of 40k for a new 09 and the msrp on this particular one is 47k, so are they actually losing money by selling me the car?!

My dealer has a 09 with the same sticker price and I mentioned 40k and he said not to offer it if I wasn't serious because I would probably own it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

My dealer has a 09 with the same sticker price and I mentioned 40k and he said not to offer it if I wasn't serious because I would probably own it.

There is no way they are losing money. The invoice they will show you is not the true invoice. Back when Corvettes were selling for like $25,xxx a buddy saw a true invoice (in the truckers hands:eek:) and the dealership was only giving like $12,000 per car lol. Think about how many salesman work at dealerships and supposedly they only make like $1,500 to $3,000 per car. Seems every single one of them would go out of business.

Speedfreek

Established Member
There is no way they are losing money. The invoice they will show you is not the true invoice. Back when Corvettes were selling for like $25,xxx a buddy saw a true invoice (in the truckers hands:eek:) and the dealership was only giving like $12,000 per car lol. Think about how many salesman work at dealerships and supposedly they only make like $1,500 to $3,000 per car. Seems every single one of them would go out of business.

Trust me dealer cost isn't half what the cars are selling for. I was a sales manager for years. Most cars have 3-4k in mark up over the invoice (or at least the invoice that a dealer will let a customer see) then there is an official invoice which in most cases is about a grand less than that. Then there is a dealer hold back of anywhere from 1000-2000 that comes off that. Some larger dealers will take even the holdback off to make a deal because even then if they sell enough the manufacturer will send them a bonus at the end of the month. Now this is based on the price of the car. The higher priced cars have more mark up built into them 30-40k and up. But your cars on the lower end are probably half of the markup that the higher end cars have. And the truck drivers do not have access to the invoices they are usually delivered by mail a month or so before the car arrives. You wanna know what is bad? Years ago I was talking to someone who worked for the manufacturer this was when Tahoes and Escalades were in the 40-50k range he told me the actual cost for GM to build those vehicles was in the low to mid 20k range them GM sells those to the dealer for around 35k on a 40k vehicle. What is worse is GM allocates so many to their dealers that have to take them, so GM is making 15k off selling their vehicles to the dealers.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Sorry but even when the dealers were busy here's what I saw.

10 to 15 sales people.

Few and only a few cars sold everyday.

Now them only making $3 to $4,000 per car (tops) and paying all of them salaries or commission? Sorry but it doesn't add up. They couldn't have even stayed in business back then. Sorry but I just don't believe it and there weren't be twice as many carlots as what we need if there was that little of money to be made.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Sorry but even when the dealers were busy here's what I saw.

10 to 15 sales people.

Few and only a few cars sold everyday.

Now them only making $3 to $4,000 per car (tops) and paying all of them salaries or commission? Sorry but it doesn't add up. They couldn't have even stayed in business back then. Sorry but I just don't believe it and there weren't be twice as many carlots as what we need if there was that little of money to be made.

First off when dealers were busy they wouldn't give the hold back away like they will now. Now there is a dealer on every corner which shouldn't be there in the first place. There isn't hardley any money made in NEW cars. its to cut throat now a days. The money is made in the Service Department and on used cars. Second off salespeople only get paid off what they sell. They are set up on a draw system where they get 150 or so a week advanced off of their commision. This $600 or so comes out of their commision at the end of the month then they recieve the rest. If you don't sell and the dealer has to fork out $600 or so a month for a few months then they won't be there for long. Are they making money? Sure. Is it comming from new car sales? Not much if any. If they had to rely on New car sales alone most dealers would be out of business. Also you do realize what you are saying about them making 3-4k a car is right? If that was the case most dealers around here average 50 new cars a month that would be 200000k a month excluding their used cars and service departments. I don't think they would be so hard up if their new car department was making 200000k a month.

Last edited:

04spinbra

Established Member
First off when dealers were busy they wouldn't give the hold back away like they will now. Now there is a dealer on every corner which shouldn't be there in the first place. There isn't hardley any money made in NEW cars. its to cut throat now a days. The money is made in the Service Department and on used cars. Second off salespeople only get paid off what they sell. They are set up on a draw system where they get 150 or so a week advanced off of their commision. This $600 or so comes out of their commision at the end of the month then they recieve the rest. If you don't sell and the dealer has to fork out $600 or so a month for a few months then they won't be there for long. Are they making money? Sure. Is it comming from new car sales? Not much if any. If they had to rely on New car sales alone most dealers would be out of business. Also you do realize what you are saying about them making 3-4k a car is right? If that was the case most dealers around here average 50 new cars a month that would be 200000k a month excluding their used cars and service departments. I don't think they would be so hard up if their new car department was making 200000k a month.

my parents are buying a new 300c from the dealer in my home town and they average 4 to 5 new car a day. my buddy that works there is average 1 to 2 cars a day. but he told me that its anywhere between 1/4 to 1/2 "making" markup depending on the car. smaller the business the less the "making" markup, the bigger the more the "making" markup. but what my main question is how the dealership that sell as a volume store!!????? im sorry for the threadjack!!:beer:

Last edited:

RedVenom

Da Infamous One
Established Member
I've worked on the bank side of auto financing for over 15yrs... Let me cover a few quick facts.

1. Dealer cost is what they bought the car from the builder for.
2. Things like marketing costs are honestly figures they use to up the price. No dealer is spending $3000 per car to market it. Especially a GT500 thats in demand.
3. Every dealer is different, some sell profit per car, some do volume, some do a combination of both. You will have to know the dealer to know there sales style.
4. Used cars can vary wildly in price. The factors are numerous but assume 5 GT500 sold today. They likely had different down payments, different interest rates, different sales price and different loan terms. These all effect the trade in value down the road as no two cars were purchased in identical fashion. Its not common.
5. The 2010 cars will push dealers to get their 08/09 stock out the door. They will negotiate, but every dealer is different.

Bottom line is shop for your deal, spread the search wide for the best results. Example very good friend just bought a new 280 mile 2008 GT500 here in NJ. He went way down past Atlantic City into Cumberland County. Its beyond the woods and bought that car for? (Wait for it)

$37,650 plus tax & dmv costs. I see sub 5000 mile cars online in the high $35K range to the low $38K range. The deals are there if you look...

Last edited:

frydguy79

Established Member
Trust me dealer cost isn't half what the cars are selling for. I was a sales manager for years. Most cars have 3-4k in mark up over the invoice (or at least the invoice that a dealer will let a customer see) then there is an official invoice which in most cases is about a grand less than that. Then there is a dealer hold back of anywhere from 1000-2000 that comes off that. Some larger dealers will take even the holdback off to make a deal because even then if they sell enough the manufacturer will send them a bonus at the end of the month. Now this is based on the price of the car. The higher priced cars have more mark up built into them 30-40k and up. But your cars on the lower end are probably half of the markup that the higher end cars have. And the truck drivers do not have access to the invoices they are usually delivered by mail a month or so before the car arrives. You wanna know what is bad? Years ago I was talking to someone who worked for the manufacturer this was when Tahoes and Escalades were in the 40-50k range he told me the actual cost for GM to build those vehicles was in the low to mid 20k range them GM sells those to the dealer for around 35k on a 40k vehicle. What is worse is GM allocates so many to their dealers that have to take them, so GM is making 15k off selling their vehicles to the dealers.

you crack me up!!
i have been in the car business for 18 plus years and DEALERS do NOT have this kind of markup, never have and never will LMAO

little cars and pickups HAVE only about 4-500 dollars of holdback and about 5-900 of total markup.
only the mfrs have this kind of profit NOT the dealers

Last edited:

Speedfreek

Established Member
Did you even read what I posted? the 3-4k markup I was talking about was on Escalades and Tahoes ect. I SAID ON HIGHER PRICED VEHICHLES AND ABOUT HALF ON CHAPER CARS. FIGURE IT OUT. Thats about 1500 mark up in Cobalts, G6's ect. You are saying there is only 5-900 total profit from invoice to window sticker then you are full of it and are obviously a new car salesman just trying to make people believe that. But yes the Manufacturer is making all the money.

Last edited:

frydguy79

Established Member
Did you even read what I posted? the 3-4k markup I was talking about was on Escalades and Tahoes ect. I SAID ON HIGHER PRICED VEHICHLES AND ABOUT HALF ON CHAPER CARS. FIGURE IT OUT. Thats about 1500 mark up in Cobalts, G6's ect. You are saying there is only 5-900 total profit from invoice to window sticker then you are full of it and are obviously a new car salesman just trying to make people believe that. But yes the Manufacturer is making all the money.

you are wrong i am the DEALER :nono:

Speedfreek

Established Member
LOL. That explains it all. Of course you are going to say there is little to no markup, being the dealer, hahahaha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread