[B]1994 5.0 vs 2002 Ls-1 maro tonight!!![/B]

bikeluver43

I'm faster than you.
Established Member
The only thing really giving the mustang any power is the shot of nitrous. An intake and cam isn't going to do a ton for the 5.0. The biggest restriction is the heads, which I don't understand why someone would do a cam, but not heads. But thats beside the point, the LS1 stock can run 12's, a lid and catback exhaust will help out a ton also. I definitely think your going to get beat.

joegt38

Established Member
Ive seen cam only and bolt-on 50s run high 12s, not all but some and not all LS1s are going to be in the 12s with them mods either. A friend of mine has an auto 99 LS1 with bolt-ons full xhaust (headers) and a tune. He pulls high 13s (he needs to be shot but...) in a 12 sec car. He finally got a tire for it and still only pulled a 13.0. So not every LS1 is going to be a monster especially on the street. Another buddy has a BONE STOCK LS1 02 WS6 and runs constant 13.3s at 105mph (auto)...

I still going with the 5.0! As was stated he does have the weight advantage, little HP more but tons of torq and gearing.

BTW my 02 GT without the spare and jack only weighs 3320 I weighed it on 2 certified scales and it still suprises the shit outta me. So Im sure his is near the same if not a bit lighter. That was without me in it, oh and Ive owned 3 F bodys including an LS1 they are a bit heavier you can even notice it driving.

Last edited:

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Ok guys, we met up at the local fillin station last night and talked. He stated that he would give me the punch because he knew that a mustang was the weaker car. I agreed and we both handed our money to a friend, who then got in his truck and drove up the road to where we were to finish the race. He rolled out on the highway first and I followed. When the road broke into two lanes, I got beside him in the left lane. I geared down to second. Then not a second later, I heard him gear down. I was going like 35 or so. I filpped the ashtray cover and hit the nitrous arming switch. He was waiting on me to go. I hit it pretty hard at about the middle of second gear. He slammed it to the floor, I could see his hood rise, as I shifted into third he jumped out a whole car on me (I was at his rear bumper) When my car started pulling in third, something awsome happened. I pulled right by him and kept on pulling. As long as my car is a WOT my Zex kit keeps spraying. By the time I got to the middle of fourth gear, he was WAY back it seemed, from a quick glance in the mirror. When the car was flying, I looked down at the speedo, I shut down just as it was about to peg out I let the car slow, very very lightly pressing the breaks. Then I looked up, and the Camaro was right behind me. Our friend in the truck was way back down the road, we had over shot the exit. As I neared an exit ramp the camaro flashed his lights so I pulled in the nearest parking lot after that exit. He got out and was like DAMN that is the fastest 5.0 Mustang I have ever ran against!!! He was like when I heard you hit I hit, and I thought that I had u as soon as I saw you fall back, but then you just blew by me and kept going. I couldn't pull back on you at all. At one point, you had me by what looked like a foot ball field. Then I saw you hit the breaks and I almost hit you cause at 140++ :pepper: you are flying... I quickly told him it was a damn good race, I didn't expect that outcome. We sat together and smoked a cig, then we went back to the original filling station where possum in the truck was waiting. Everybody was talking about how my mustang "had him" and how we were flying up the road like a bullet. The guy in the truck told the camaro driver that he couldn't even see his lights untill I was almost over the hill. This didn't make me feel any better, because the camaro is a much nicer car than my 1994 5.0 is. That race was crazy. I will never do that shit in a mustang with stock suspention and breaks again!!!! All in all I was glad I won the race. I got the $400.00 My 200 + his 200. As I put them in my wallet, a guy walked up and asked me about my mods. I told him, he just looked at the camaro guy and told him how stupid he was for racing a 5.0 that is set up for spray. That boy said that he had been building mustangs his whole life and a 5.0 with a 125 shot is easily capable of putting upwards of 340hp and 400+ pound feet of torque especially with some supporting mods. It was a great night, and a great victory for the lowly 2v. I know if the LS-1 would have had more mods he would have killed me. But run what you brung...... cept the Camaro didn't bring enough...... :uh oh: :uh oh: :uh oh: :burnout: :rockon:

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
2001stripper said:
Do you really think that the Z is as stock as it appears, especially when $200 is on the line? Even if it does only have the lid and catback, this car will be putting down 330-340 rwhp. 01-02 LS1's put down anywhere between 310-320 stock. Also, this car is an M6 and they have a hellacious 3rd gear pull, this race is from a roll. And another thing since when does an SN95 Mustang weigh less than a 3400 pound Z-28? The SN95 platform weighed more than the fox body. I think that it will be good race, neither side should slaughter the other, unless, of course, the LS1 is spraying lol.

Well from what I can tell the torque difference must have really hurt the Z. I don't know what his actual mods were or I don't even know what his RWHP was, all I know is he lost, fair and square. by his own admission, there was no driver error, and he clearly couldn't have pulled back on me.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Well, chalk up a rare one for a LS1 guy actually being truthful about his mods.

Just about all these L boys that are out to play are packing triple digit shots these days...at least the ones I'm running into or see @ shows.

NXSVTCOBRA

i still think the SS should've raped you if not been right next to you, a close to 4000lb car, with a stock headed 5.0L (that puts out 235bhp or so) with a ported upper, a small cam, tb, 125 shot and a little bit of gear v/s an SS with exhaust and lid.....

did you happen to ask the camaro driver if he let out on the top end when you pulled a bit on him? something doesn't seem right, thats just my honest opinion

bikeluver43

I'm faster than you.
Established Member
joegt38 said:
Ive seen cam only and bolt-on 50s run high 12s, not all but some and not all LS1s are going to be in the 12s with them mods either. A friend of mine has an auto 99 LS1 with bolt-ons full xhaust (headers) and a tune. He pulls high 13s (he needs to be shot but...) in a 12 sec car. He finally got a tire for it and still only pulled a 13.0. So not every LS1 is going to be a monster especially on the street. Another buddy has a BONE STOCK LS1 02 WS6 and runs constant 13.3s at 105mph (auto)...

I still going with the 5.0! As was stated he does have the weight advantage, little HP more but tons of torq and gearing.

BTW my 02 GT without the spare and jack only weighs 3320 I weighed it on 2 certified scales and it still suprises the shit outta me. So Im sure his is near the same if not a bit lighter. That was without me in it, oh and Ive owned 3 F bodys including an LS1 they are a bit heavier you can even notice it driving.

1st off, both LS1's your talking about are Auto's. With a stall those would be mid to low 12 second cars. Secondly, STOCK 6 speed LS1's can and do often hit 12's, but from a roll they are monsters.

As far as this race goes-I wish you had a video tape because it all sounds far fetched. Even with giving you the punch, and you having the edge, your car in no way would put a "football field" on the LS1-no way, no how. You'd have to be running 11's to be doing that. Secondly, you say you hit it in 2nd and took off-what no tire spin? My 03 GT would spin in second stock at 40mph if I dropped the hammer, and you had a 125 shot of spray. This story sounds made up, but without a video you have the win.

tv's 03

Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
i still think the SS should've raped you if not been right next to you, a close to 4000lb car, with a stock headed 5.0L (that puts out 235bhp or so) with a ported upper, a small cam, tb, 125 shot and a little bit of gear v/s an SS with exhaust and lid.....

did you happen to ask the camaro driver if he let out on the top end when you pulled a bit on him? something doesn't seem right, thats just my honest opinion

Close to 4000lbs car :nonono: Where do some of you guys get your information? I swear some of you just pull this crap right out of where it belongs, your azz :poke:

Those cars are like 3400 lbs :rolleyes:

tv's 03

Established Member
My 03 GT would spin in second stock at 40mph if I dropped the hammer,

Sure it would buddy...????

My 03 cobra with pulley, tune and o/r H and CAI does not, it hooks and goes, and that's with way over 400 rwtq.

But I am sure your stock 03 GT was a factory freak and would rape my 03 cobra...

Last edited:

joegt38

Established Member
bikeluver43 said:
1st off, both LS1's your talking about are Auto's. With a stall those would be mid to low 12 second cars. Secondly, STOCK 6 speed LS1's can and do often hit 12's, but from a roll they are monsters.

As far as this race goes-I wish you had a video tape because it all sounds far fetched. Even with giving you the punch, and you having the edge, your car in no way would put a "football field" on the LS1-no way, no how. You'd have to be running 11's to be doing that. Secondly, you say you hit it in 2nd and took off-what no tire spin? My 03 GT would spin in second stock at 40mph if I dropped the hammer, and you had a 125 shot of spray. This story sounds made up, but without a video you have the win.
Stock for stock in the 1/4 the auto pull just as good as the 6spds if not better. Another buddy with a 99ss stock 6spd can't do better then 13.4 ar 106.
Never seen it myself and im at the track alot, many low 13s but never 12s, I know its possible but I never seen it....

bikeluver43

I'm faster than you.
Established Member
^Stock Auto LS1's are not faster in the 1/4 than the M6's without a stall. Unless driver error is in there, they aren't.

Tv's 03- my car is not a factory freak, and it didn't light up the tires in a cloud of smoke, but it would definitely give a quick spin. I don't see how a car with a shot of nitrous, that sprays when at WOT would just hook and go. Doesn't sound right.

Your 03 Cobra hooks and goes if you WOT in 2nd? Are you serious? Every 03/04 Cobra I've been in will definitely break them loose and wheel hop a bit through 3rd.

Last edited:

joegt38

Established Member
tv's 03 said:
Sure it would buddy...????

My 03 cobra with pulley, tune and o/r H and CAI does not, it hooks and goes, and that's with way over 400 rwtq.

But I am sure your stock 03 GT was a factory freak and would rape my 03 cobra...
Where did you get that from ??? am I missing something?

Never mind I seen it. I didn't know who you were quoteing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread