203Cree

Established Member
F8TLSNK94 said:
FORD WILL NEVER KNOW!

15qyg69.gif

Struck U

Established Member
Lightning805 said:
C'mon guys. Give the guy a break. He has a Lightning. Therefore he is one of us. You know. Part of a big family. Is this how we treat family?

I have one sister. I am not exactly in a big family. If my sister was dishonest, a scam artist, and a crook do you think I would want much to do with her?

MarvelMan

Established Member
I just put my 4# and diablo tune on this weekend, so when I saw this thread it scared me. Then I noticed the date and figured back then this was probably like revision 2 or 3 for the diablo tunes where the one I loaded was like 8 or 9. Hopefully the new tune is better. My brother did it and he is a good mechanic and just looking at the parameters he thought the timing might be a little too advanced so he took 2* of timing out. So far it is running like a champ. Plus although I am no expert who goes, Hmmm it sounds a little funny, maybe I should drive it harder?

On a side note does anyone know somewhere in the Chicago area where I can get a good dyno tune? There are plenty of places around, but I have no idea which ones are knowledgable with L's.

ecoastkid

Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
how you figure...

everytime you flash your computer it puts a "data stamp" in the computer. if this doesnt match the Oaisis report on your vin your SOL.

(Yeah...I know its a 3 y/o thread..lol)

date stamp on the ECU?...huh?...where does it get the date from? I've never heard of ford catching anyone who has reloaded their factory tune. (Not saying your wrong, but i've never heard of this before)

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
ecoastkid said:
(Yeah...I know its a 3 y/o thread..lol)

date stamp on the ECU?...huh?...where does it get the date from? I've never heard of ford catching anyone who has reloaded their factory tune. (Not saying your wrong, but i've never heard of this before)

its a pain in the ass to get to but rick pulled it up once with his NGS tool. ive never heard of them actully doing it but they have the ablity too. it just says it was reflashed x number of times. doesnt have a date or anything like that. rick might be able to explain it better

ecoastkid

Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
its a pain in the ass to get to but rick pulled it up once with his NGS tool. ive never heard of them actully doing it but they have the ablity too

Weird....

I'm wonder if its an actual date, or a counter...like this has been written to x amount of times since it was last flashed at a dealer....

Users who are viewing this thread