BAD result from 4lb lower and Preditor

SICKBOY

Established Member
Originally posted by SliverSnailSVT
Well guess what, Ford is repalceing it, nothing for you to worry about so just keep you mouths shut. I know that i made a huge mistake but stuff happenes and i have no other choice but for Ford to cover it because the BS performance shop wont and i dont have 10 grand to fix it. My dad might be a millionaire but he wont cover it because i made the stupid mistake. he told me to learn a lesson and to get it fixed however i needed to so i had no choice but for Ford to do it. Its not going to hurt them and dont worry about your stocks buddy, it aint going to hurt them. Hope you guys all have a nice day by all being a$$ holes to me. What ever makes you happy but i can careless that ford is paying for it.

:lol: :lol: :bash: :idea: here's one....... kill yourself....where do all these stupid people come from?

Last edited:

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Good for you kid. Not for one minute do I believe that all you clowns with your better than thou attitudes have never committed a dishonest act in your lives (try thinking back to when you were 17, but I doubt most of you need to go back that far). Funny how no one mentioned how many people have been totally screwed by ford, who loves to deny even petty warranty work citing mods that could in no way, shape or form have caused the problems. Deny warranty work for known problems, again trying to pass the blame onto the owners. A company that would rather estimate the lawsuit payout from the deaths caused by their defective products rather than do a recall - in a family vehicle - repeatedly. Some get lucky, some don't. Some have friends in high places, some don''t - is that fair? Life isn't fair. Bunch of jealous hippocrites.

I am not saying that what he did was right, but like I said, who are you to judge?

Last edited:

Drewstein

Established Member
Originally posted by ridethelighteni
Good for you kid. Not for one minute do I believe that all you clowns with your better than thou attitudes have never committed a dishonest act in your lives (try thinking back to when you were 17, but I doubt most of you need to go back that far). Funny how no one mentioned how many people have been totally screwed by ford, who loves to deny even petty warranty work citing mods that could in no way, shape or form have caused the problems. Deny warranty work for known problems, again trying to pass the blame onto the owners.

I am not saying that what he did was right, but like I said, who are you to judge?
They have stuck it to many L owners on the spark plug issue and won't own up to it. They charge thousands to get the head replaced, so maybe this evens the score. I wouldn't say this if they owned up to their mistake and recalled '02 and earlier heads.

SICKBOY

Established Member
hahahah wow read between the lines there ridethelighteni wasn't trashing this asshat for pulling waranty on it...he can do as he pleases with that shit ..his truck didn't fail stock...his truck wouldn't have failed if he had tuned it right either...he threw shit on left and right, had no clue what kinda tune was on there and beat on it ...maybe he should have done his homework before he played with a 30 thosand dollar toy... or better yet got a dyno tune if he didn't know any better...i have read it 3 million times regarding the factory loaded predator tunes having lean ass a/fs and shitloads of timming...lesson would be ditch the factory predator tunes get a custom tune from one of the big three tuners and get it on a dyno....cheaper in the long run as he now knows

Last edited:

G'sLightning

Established Member
What like stealing a pack of bubbble gum??. I'm 33 years old (and hell yes i remember when i was 17) but your staement is not the issue. You are out of your element. I dont blame the kid at all if anything i blame Ford. Hell if not them than SVT knows what the hell 80% of people do to their vehicles. I'm sure they are not that stupid. And by the way who the f**k are you to judge!:mj:

Last edited:

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Originally posted by G'sLightning
What like stealing a pack of bubbble gum??. I'm 33 years old (and hell yes i remember when i was 17) but your staement is not the issue. You are out of your element. I dont blame the kid at all if anything i blame Ford. Hell if not them than SVT knows what the hell 80% of people do to their vehicles. I'm sure they are not that stupid. And by the way who the f**k are you to judge!:mj:

I'm not the one doing the judging here dumass. Or should I say Saint Dumass, you who have done no wrong.

Sure Ford makes some great vehicles, and even greater toys for those of us that can't afford to buy Ferrari's, but if you think that the guys at the top care dime one for us little guys you are either retarded or the most naive fool that ever managed to obtain a drivers license. It's all about the money, just like all big business. I work for a billion dollar international company that makes big bucks helping people. We recovered about 30 companies that were destroyed in 9/11 - with no black check marks in our history (thus putting us leaps and bounds above Ford on the subject of morals) , and I'll tell you, bottom line is that in the end, it is still all about the money. Why the hell do you care so much if one little guy gets one over?

SICKBOY

Established Member
bwhahahaha this is so entertaining...Bottom line is ...he got it covered...some folks would do it, others would not. Matter of personal/moral preference i guess...I just think the whole deal coulda been avoided...again my opinion.. but it is proven to me time and time again with fast safely modded vehicles of every make that i see daily..Truth be told to the Fast and Furious Crowd amongst us..... it's not a fuggin video game...max boost, max fuel, max everything isn't gonna work in the real world...Also decals, and alltezza don't make horsepower... Spray doesn't make you see in tunnel vision..so on and so forth.. I think the shop that told him he was all good should be burned to the ground.... who hears detonation and tell the customer to beat the fu$k outta it????

This thread needs to get goin again...i love these pissing contests

Last edited:

OH-MAN

Established Member
Does one wrong (Ford) justify another (Fraud)?
This is the question.
I could not do it. I am not a saint but I think this is pretty clear.

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Actually I think it is time for this thread to die. Stupid to argue about something so irrelevant...over the internet.

Originally posted by SICKBOY
I think the shop that told him he was all good should be burned to the ground.... who hears detonation and tell the customer to beat the fu$k outta it????

I don't think anyone would deny that fact. Those kinds of shops are everywhere though. First shop I dealt with with my 03 tried to send me on my way after installing my pulley with an A/F that was absolutely criminal. I pushed the issue and repeatedly asked, are you sure it is safe to drive like this. "Oh sure, no problems, and hey if something does happen, just bring it back and we'll put it back to stock for ya, cost a few bucks, but waaaay cheaper than a 12,000 engine." I promply / and carefully drove to a much more out of the way, but respected shop, for a proper and totally awesome tune. So this kid didn't do the research, that doesn't change the fact that he is the victim here. OK, so like I said, getting Ford to replace his engine was not the moral thing to do, but hindsight is 20/20. His options were limited, and once again - I don't fault anyone for reminding him that he should have known better. But for all you guys to chastise him when you know damn well that in his shoes most of you whould do the same thing. Tell me that I don't know you. Tell me that I'm wrong, that you (you meaning pretty much everyone) are better than that, and I'll just tell you that you are a liar. But in the end, who the hell cares. I'm just killing time here at work.

Established Member
Good for the 17 year old! Ford screws people left and right and the build quality on my Slobra was crap. You better believe I got three free trannies out of them and one repaired IRS. I spun a main bearing at 60K, so I had to buy a new shortblock, but I definitely would have gone for a new motor. Granted, it somehow lost 5 quarts in 3600 miles... Long story.

Either way, if you can get Ford to pay for it--do it! It doesn't hurt anyone anywhere. Yay for snapping input shafts and being able to save up for a TKO when the warranty was over! Shmucks. Who cares?

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Originally posted by 103
Ford screws people left and right and the build quality on my Slobra was crap. You better believe I got three free trannies out of them and one repaired IRS.

And you still own and drive this car? Why? That's really showing Ford who's boss. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 103
Either way, if you can get Ford to pay for it--do it! It doesn't hurt anyone anywhere.

Take a Business 101 class sometime, then come back and argue that point. In the end, it hurts all of us who do buy Ford products, as the prices of the cars reflect this type of warranty cost/fraud/misusse. It is passed on to the consumer.

Last edited:

Established Member
After I got the car to run mid twelves consistently NA boltons only, I sold it and got a truck to focus on other areas. So, no, I don't still own the car, but I made it into one quick little car. And I kept going back to Ford to replace these parts so that I could save up for a real tranny and do a new rear end. And I did.

And do you really think warranty repairs hurt Ford anywhere near what any other market based factor can impact? No, not really. So, hey, screw you. :)

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
Originally posted by 103
Good for the 17 year old! Ford screws people left and right and the build quality on my Slobra was crap. You better believe I got three free trannies out of them and one repaired IRS. I spun a main bearing at 60K, so I had to buy a new shortblock, but I definitely would have gone for a new motor. Granted, it somehow lost 5 quarts in 3600 miles... Long story.

Either way, if you can get Ford to pay for it--do it! It doesn't hurt anyone anywhere. Yay for snapping input shafts and being able to save up for a TKO when the warranty was over! Shmucks. Who cares?

Sorry to hear you had bad luck with your Cobra. I'm sure none of the three failed transmissions were self induced failures. As far as nobody getting hurt by warranty fraud, you are absolutley incorrect. I work for a Ford dealership and when we do warranty work we kind of put our necks out on the line. If the motor or failed item is called back to Ford and they find neglect who do you think eats that bill? It's called a charge back to us. So if we did what we thought was the right thing for the customer and we got slammed with a bill, how did we not get hurt? I had my Cobra for a week before I started modding it. I knew if something were to break it was my responsibility to fix what I caused and not Ford's nor my dealership. I guess accountability in todays society means shit anymore.:fm:

Established Member
The first and third trannies died for no reason. The fourth one was my fault. SVT in all its wisdom sent me a T45 for the second one and it took me six months to convince them it was the wrong tranny. And my dealership stole my stock shifter. If anything got charged back to them I was not going to lose any sleep.

monsterpost

Established Member
Ive learned my lesson.

I don't think he learned a thing. Oh wait, he did learn something.........he got away with it.

Users who are viewing this thread