BAD result from 4lb lower and Preditor

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'm wondering the same thing..how does a 17 y/o afford the truck, insurance AND gas???? i'm assuming mommy and daddy. If thats the case, then I"m sure they have the money.

IMO, its both YOUR fault and the 'Performance Shop' you spoke with. If you heard detonation WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU KEEP PUSHING????? That is just plain stupid! PERIOD! These trucks are known for this.

Just know your lucking out...

Originally posted by c0dy
how do you have that truck if you cant afford it anyways? the car payment alone must be hard to make, let alone the insurance....

Chas

Established Member
The biggest downside to poking Ford for the the repair is that it makes legitimate warranty work that much more of a pain in the balls to have done.

What he said, I've been there. Could not duplicate my @ss

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by IEatGt's

My L is totally stock, even the air filter. I guess what I'm saying is, "good luck getting your new motor". I'm not touching mine until the warranty is up.

I am on the same boat, I can afford my truck but if the motor goes out no way but Ford should pay for mine, I asked if a catback was fine= yes, cai= yes, TB= no, tune= no, pulley= no. Ok I'll just wait till the warranty is up, this thread shows how some Americans take advantage of situations, First off, when modding your vehicle know what u r doin, second Have someone with a good rep and credentials work on it, third if it breaks then it is the tuners fault and yours. Try to get him to pay. This is not Ford's fault, this is a good example of why cars are getting so expensive, the more claims paid out cause of theft(lying) the more the companies increase new cars to accomodate the bill for repairs of such, very visicous cycle that we are going to pay for, so please take advantage, and remember 2007 Lightning 500hp/550ft lbs, :rockon: oh wait price tag 40000.00, I can't afford that.:cuss:

Flame suit :burn:

Last edited:

rlearp

Established Member
Originally posted by SliverSnailSVT , but i have no choice to b/c im a 17 year old kid who is just messing with his truck to go out and beat the LS1 boys with there Camaros and Trans Ams. [/B]

I'm pretty sure that doesn't excuse you from your actions. It is your truck, your choice to make the modifications, and your choice to keep pushing it when you heard pinging. Not good. Actions like this are what cause companies to deny warranty claims because they know this goes on all the time. You'd best hope the tech that works on your car isn't an enthusiast as he might be reading this board...

jakhammer

Established Member
even if you go with a big name tuner, hit a dyno for a/f. I had a JLP tune that ran 16.5+ a/f. Best part is he didnt want to deal with me. I got zero help from him and ended up going to psp. truck runs like a raped ape now.

Chris

Lightning805

Established Member
C'mon guys. Give the guy a break. He has a Lightning. Therefore he is one of us. You know. Part of a big family. Is this how we treat family? He posted a thread to get some support. This is some kind of support we are giving him. He got himself in a bind. Who hasn't? Not all of us are rich or have some form of mechanic skills or experience. At least, lets give him credit for having a lightning at that young of an age. I'm 30 yrs old and I remember when I was that young, I wanted to have a fast vehicle. Who didn't? Naturally when you finally do get a fast vehicle, you want to make it go faster. Whats wrong with that? If he was a mechanic, he wouldn't be going to the local performance shop to do the mods. But he has to. He put his faith into this shop that they would do quality mods for him, give him the best advise, but they let him down. Now he's in that bind. Being that young, I don't expect him to be rich or have mechanical experience. I wouldn't expect him to know any better. If he was my age, then yeah, I would expect him to know better. Let me ask you this, if you were young and in his shoes, what would you do? I'm sure he knows what he is doing is wrong but hey. Sometimes you need break. Its Ford's decision to help him with that break or not. Not ours. IF Ford does help him out then that goes to show that they want to make sure that all of thier Lightnings our on the road in full operating condition. I'm not trying to say that everyone should go and see if they can fool the dealership with warranty fraud or anything. Its about taking care of our own. I'm in the military and I have at least 30 junior troops under my charge. If any one of them has a probem, its my job to help them out. Showing that you care enough to help them out does a lot for that person. Looks like a lot of you don't care and want to burn him. I'm sorry, but thats how I feel after reading this thread. If you want to hate me, thats fine. You all have your own view of things. SliverSnailSVT, don't let them get you down! Do what you have to. Get that Lightning back on the road kicking @#s!

UVa SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Lightning805
C'mon guys. Give the guy a break. He has a Lightning. Therefore he is one of us. You know. Part of a big family. Is this how we treat family? He posted a thread to get some support. This is some kind of support we are giving him. He got himself in a bind. Who hasn't? Not all of us are rich or have some form of mechanic skills or experience. At least, lets give him credit for having a lightning at that young of an age.

I got my L when I was 21. obviously at that age I wasn't rolling in dough...therefore, I chose not to modify my vehicle. I'm still pretty broke, but had enough money for a chip, pulley, shackles, cai, valve body that I put on recently. you better believe by the time I even began to come close to buying these parts I was on all the message forums asking all kinds of questions and researching.
:read:
only once I knew what terms like "detonation" is and how to keep my "a/f" in the "safe range", etc, I felt like I was ready to modify. I *will* have it dyno tuned once the air is signifantly cooler, I *will* continue to research and learn, and I *will* fix anything that breaks due to the mods/extra power on my own...poor or not. It's not Ford's fault, so why should they pay. I might be a young college guy, but I damn well know what stealing is. :nonono:

-Mike

Last edited:

UVa SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by BUFFMUSTANG30
and remember 2007 Lightning 500hp/550ft lbs, :rockon: oh wait price tag 40000.00, I can't afford that.:cuss:

Lightning project is cancelled with no plans of development... :cryying:

-Mike

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by Red03SVT
Lightning project is cancelled with no plans of development... :cryying:

-Mike

Only rumors show me a press release that is canceled and then I will believe it. If that does happen I am going to write a letter telling Ford how dumb they are for foing this, and hopefully get all my fellow SVTers to do the same.

Oh and Lightning805, I care but when the costs of having fun just to start(buying cars) are getting so outrageous cause of theft, inflation, etc I get a little pissed when I hear about someone scamming. It is not right and I would tell my brothers do the right thing and take responsibilty, you have to start sometime,I think 17 is a good time to start. It doesn't matter really cause he got it warrantied and that goods for him now he can live with the fact he lied about what happened to his L.:nonono:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
stupidity is not an excuse. This country uses that to no end. Is anyone responsible for their own actions? YES.

C'mon guys. Give the guy a break. He has a Lightning. Therefore he is one of us. You know. Part of a big family. Is this how we treat family? He posted a thread to get some support. This is some kind of support we are giving him. He got himself in a bind. Who hasn't? Not all of us are rich or have some form of mechanic skills or experience. At least, lets give him credit for having a lightning at that young of an age. I'm 30 yrs old and I remember when I was that young, I wanted to have a fast vehicle. Who didn't? Naturally when you finally do get a fast vehicle, you want to make it go faster. Whats wrong with that? If he was a mechanic, he wouldn't be going to the local performance shop to do the mods. But he has to. He put his faith into this shop that they would do quality mods for him, give him the best advise, but they let him down. Now he's in that bind. Being that young, I don't expect him to be rich or have mechanical experience. I wouldn't expect him to know any better. If he was my age, then yeah, I would expect him to know better. Let me ask you this, if you were young and in his shoes, what would you do? I'm sure he knows what he is doing is wrong but hey. Sometimes you need break. Its Ford's decision to help him with that break or not. Not ours. IF Ford does help him out then that goes to show that they want to make sure that all of thier Lightnings our on the road in full operating condition. I'm not trying to say that everyone should go and see if they can fool the dealership with warranty fraud or anything. Its about taking care of our own. I'm in the military and I have at least 30 junior troops under my charge. If any one of them has a probem, its my job to help them out. Showing that you care enough to help them out does a lot for that person. Looks like a lot of you don't care and want to burn him. I'm sorry, but thats how I feel after reading this thread. If you want to hate me, thats fine. You all have your own view of things. SliverSnailSVT, don't let them get you down! Do what you have to. Get that Lightning back on the road kicking @#s!

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
Let me ask you this, if you were young and in his shoes, what would you do?

I would be going to the proctologist!! The only way I could have afforded one of these trucks at 17 years old would have been with his help, a LOT of his help!!! If I made the decision to mod it, and actually ventilated the block because of that decision, he WOULD HAVE broke his foot off in my @ss!!!! I got my @ss reamed for installing an Apline in-dash CD player in my '89 GT!! ("since when do Mustangs come from the factory with Alpine stereo's?" I remember that day well) I feel bad for this guy, but how can you expect Ford to cover a mistake that wasn't theirs?? Go after the shop that did the work, and tuned it, or bash your head against a wall and consider it a lesson learned. Leave Ford alone. They designed the engine to operate within a certain set of parameters. Everything that Ford put on the truck worked as advertised. The aftermarket pulley and the tune is what screwed you. You knew that you were rolling the dice when you modded it. You rolled snake eyes!

CobrABoZ

Established Member
yea buddy i have an 8lb and before i even drove the thing i had johnny lightning do a dyno and a custom tune on my predator to make sure the a/f was right and that the advance was right also spark plugs are a must i mean a must u have to run good plugs or u get the results ur not looking for such as urs also whenever u get ur truck fixed what u should do is get ur mods togther get them put on and dyno and tuned all at the same time saves u lots of trouble in the long run.

SVTJES

Established Member
Re: Re: BAD result from 4lb lower and Preditor

I am starting to think this whole post is BS! The kid hasn't stepped in to comment, and changes his location on his sig after about 15 posts. Big difference moving from the suburbs of Chicago to Florida! I highly doubt Ford will cover this, and frankly I don't think they should. If you hear detonation the answer is not to floor it and keep into it. This is why irresponsible 17 year olds don't belong driving a Lightning.

SVTJES:nono:

Lampy1978

I Got Worms
Established Member
What performance sho told you this. I will be modding my L shortly and want to know who not to go to.

SliverSnailSVT

Established Member
Well guess what, Ford is repalceing it, nothing for you to worry about so just keep you mouths shut. I know that i made a huge mistake but stuff happenes and i have no other choice but for Ford to cover it because the BS performance shop wont and i dont have 10 grand to fix it. My dad might be a millionaire but he wont cover it because i made the stupid mistake. he told me to learn a lesson and to get it fixed however i needed to so i had no choice but for Ford to do it. Its not going to hurt them and dont worry about your stocks buddy, it aint going to hurt them. Hope you guys all have a nice day by all being a$$ holes to me. What ever makes you happy but i can careless that ford is paying for it.

rlearp

Established Member
Originally posted by SliverSnailSVT
he told me to learn a lesson and to get it fixed however i needed to so i had no choice but for Ford to do it. [/B]

Sadly, you've haven't learned anything, except maybe, how to be rude to an entire group of your peers on this board.

So, did you really change your location in your sig as mentioned above? Hope that doesn't set someone off here to call every SVT around your previous location and let the cat out of the bag.....His previous location was Chicago for those that are interested in visiting a Ford shops and making some rounds.

Last edited:

camcojb

Established Member
Originally posted by SliverSnailSVT
What ever makes you happy but i can careless that ford is paying for it.

And there ya go! You're making everyones point. Don't count your chickens before they hatch son. I can't believe they're replacing it without inspecting it. Just because the dealer says they'll replace it, they are NOT the final word.

Good luck.

Jody

SliverSnailSVT

Established Member
The motor is ordered and on its way and the other motor is out and on its way to ford. Im just trying to defend myself in this case, ive been beat and battered this whole time and im just trying to say i made a mistake. so i dont know why everyone has to keep talking garbage about me. im sorry i ever posted

Users who are viewing this thread