Bama Performance sets record for WORLDS FASTEST NA 2015 Mustang GT!

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Congrats but i think it's rediculous when a vehicle is first released to keep touting world record this, and fastest 2015 xxxx Mustang on the planet.

No shit. They're only a handful at best making passes. Save the world record bragging till after all the heavy hitters get a chance to prove what they can do.

Totally. That's like me saying I have the world's fastest mustang that lives on my street (I have the only one).

This. Its like when the c7 first came out and there was a NEW 1/4 MILE RECORD every hour for about 4 weeks. Kinda seems to burn people out on the car.

Just post up the time.

Agreed, but if you want your business to spread and to get shares and likes all over social media you basically have to word all the videos like this. I do know what you mean

Carpet yanked, pass and rear seats yanked and some trunk junk removed.

Minus the carpet (how much does that really weigh?) thats the simple weight reduction that any normal racer would do before hitting the track. Great numbers and did you post up the dyno number the car laid down to get that time?

Whats the street traction like?

svt1111

Established Member
Great run.

What is in this car for a torque converter? 1.59 short time is definitely not a stock converter.

What was the curb weight of the car with the race wheels and tires? Inquiring minds want to know. Plus we're all here to learn.

Was that a complete mod list, or does the car feature full exhaust as well?

Funny thing is a friend of mine went 11.50 at 121 with his 2010 Grand Sport Vette, 6A, with a cam and headers. If he had a good converter, I see him going as fast as high 10's, maybe quicker. I just want to know what our Mustangs will need to compete with that.

rrg9946

Established Member
Congrats but i think it's rediculous when a vehicle is first released to keep touting world record this, and fastest 2015 xxxx Mustang on the planet.

No shit. They're only a handful at best making passes. Save the world record bragging till after all the heavy hitters get a chance to prove what they can do.

They are the first in the 11's other than FRPP. I don't see the problem you have. With a car with so little time in the publics hands they are doing an awesome job!!!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Great run.

What is in this car for a torque converter? 1.59 short time is definitely not a stock converter.

What was the curb weight of the car with the race wheels and tires? Inquiring minds want to know. Plus we're all here to learn.

Funny thing is a friend of mine went 11.50 at 121 with his 2010 Grand Sport Vette, 6A, with a cam and headers. If he had a good converter, I see him going as fast as high 10's, maybe quicker. I just want to know what our Mustangs will need to compete with that.

Car has a manual transmission. Performance Pack not available on Autos

acrbill

Established Member
OMG haters gon hate. Great job guys! The half shafts seem up to the task which is really nice.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Amazing guys great job, would you dare to say what do these 15s put down with the current mods? I'm trying to see how well they respond vs the 11-14s. I really have a feeling ford detuned the shit outa this motor so they can turn it up later. To many changes for only 15hp gain..
Great job

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Amazing guys great job, would you dare to say what do these 15s put down with the current mods? I'm trying to see how well they respond vs the 11-14s. I really have a feeling ford detuned the shit outa this motor so they can turn it up later. To many changes for only 15hp gain..
Great job

I have that same feeling

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
List of weight reduction?
Carpet yanked, pass and rear seats yanked and some trunk junk removed.

Plus Lightweight Tame Race Driver-1/2 Tank,: 3,650lbs.

say what u want they are doing a hell of a job KEEP IT UP:pop:

Thank you sir!

Great run.

Our 2015 Is a manual

3,650 with 1/2 tank + driver

That was a fairly complete mod list and we'll disclose more in the future but the car does have a full exhaust on it.

I set a world record running from my wife when I broke the news that I purchased my 15 :) Top that!

:lol1::rockon:

By the looks of it Livernois's Ecoboost it should be catching AM's 5.0. Now that would be a good race:)

Or we could just pit our EB against theirs :coolman: I'd like to see that as well.

OMG haters gon hate. Great job guys! The half shafts seem up to the task which is really nice.

Thank you sir! I was pretty surprised as well with how robust they are!

Great job

We're going to get this car strapped down soon enough!

Wow! Awesome work guys.

Hey, there he is! Thanks for the kind comments again! Looks like you found me on here as well (I sit on a few forums) !

nosscort

Established Member
And don't forget to mention having Justin Burcham driving for you... for those that don't know that's JPC owner/Driver...

And I have been trapping 122-123 in my 11 for well into 1.5 years now with longtubes, x pipe, Intake and Rev auto/Aed tune on a completely full weight premium with heavy 18" GT500 REPS on Nitto DR.. So again not impressed!

not hating just not impressed

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
And don't forget to mention having Justin Burcham driving for you... for those that don't know that's JPC owner/Driver...

And I have been trapping 122-123 in my 11 for well into 1.5 years now with longtubes, x pipe, Intake and Rev auto/Aed tune on a completely full weight premium with heavy 18" GT500 REPS on Nitto DR.. So again not impressed!

not hating just not impressed
What intake? Isn't that a fairly substantial difference in potential power differences? I assume you are high 10's?

PC03GT

Established Member
Sorry, but you guys went from the fastest N/A to the slowest in a couple passes. J/K good job guys!

Users who are viewing this thread