Battery

Fopar

Established Member
Alright what's everyone using for a battery these days? I'd like to go with an optima but I'm aware you have to cut up your tray. I'm looking at something better than the factory ford piece, mine has 'held up' but it only cranked 'well' for the first 6 months of owning it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your Ford battery only cranked well for the first 6 months? That's seems WAY short, time wise. A replacement Ford battery should serve as well as the original.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Motorcraft. 36 month free replacement. I run Motorcraft in all of my vehicles.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
No need to cut up a battery tray to run an optima. You just need a special hold down is all because of the 6 pack design of the optima.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

01yellercobra

Established Member
I wouldn't bother with Optima. I've been running Duralast for years with no issues.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the Optima should come with an adapter that works for a hold down, never had to cut up my tray but I went through a bunch of red tops and won't buy another one.

I've had 3 motorcraft batteries in my 2012 F150 (OE + 2 replacements) and they all have issues with the positive terminal leaking, cant really say I recommend them anymore. At this point I buy the cheapest battery with a 3 year free replacement because you can usually kill one in 2-3 years in FL. Just make sure to deep cycle it once or twice right before the 3 years and usually it won't recover

jdcobra

Established Member
Interstate makes the batteries for Costco with a really good warranty to boot. And they’re like $100 bucks as stated above

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Oh idk that, don’t go to Costco lol.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The terminators can have some of the most beautiful engine bays on the planet.....so looks matter. Some of the batteries recommended would stick out like a sore thumb, so cosmetics will be a factor to a lot of owners.

I've always had a motorcraft BXT59 because it goes with my engine bay like peanut butter n jelly. The performance has been fine and I've not had one leak. Doubtful I would ever change.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The terminators can have some of the most beautiful engine bays on the planet.....so looks matter. Some of the batteries recommended would stick out like a sore thumb, so cosmetics will be a factor to a lot of owners.

I've always had a motorcraft BXT59 because it goes with my engine bay like peanut butter n jelly. The performance has been fine and I've not had one leak. Doubtful I would ever change.

they also sell black plastic battery covers that look pretty decent but I can understand not wanting a battery with a bright yellow top in there.

we recently had an Odyssey rep out trying to sell our fleet and those things are damned impressive (to go with the damned big weight and price tag)

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I am running Odysseys in everything but the bike nowadays. I have a Braille 15# in the bike. The Odysseys may be heavy but over 900 CCA it spins the motor. 3year free replacement too. The one in my truck is 5 years and going as strong as day1

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
they also sell black plastic battery covers that look pretty decent but I can understand not wanting a battery with a bright yellow top in there.

we recently had an Odyssey rep out trying to sell our fleet and those things are damned impressive (to go with the damned big weight and price tag)

Interesting, I will research the odyssey then. I had an optima in my '02 z06 and it crapped out fast, really pissed me off for the price tag.

With the the terminator, I've always had a batteryminder 1510 with the high frequency desulfation and temperature sensor on 24/7 with the quick disconnect. I think regardless of battery, cars that sit a lot, and these typically do....you need a quality maintenance charger on from day 1 of buying the battery.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I’ve heard nothing but positive things about Odyssey batteries. When I relocate my battery to the trunk I’ll probably get one then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread