BattleField 1 thread (all platforms)

Korican

Newb
Established Member
I am up to level 41 on the Xbone. I think the game was done beautifully. It's the most immersive first person shooter I have played to date. You get a real sense of urgency when your trying to cap an objective and mortar rounds are getting closer, or bombs are being dropped around you. I find myself going prone and playing tactically more so than in any other FPS.

The weapons feel true to period. They suck and take some skill to use in comparison to other FPS Bullet Hoses. Assault gets SMGs and Shotguns which really only work up close. Medics are probably the most versatile with single loading rifles. Reload speed, rate of fire, and small magazines being the negative. Support gets machine guns with a lot of recoil. Hard to run and gun. Almost need to be prone and setup properly to use them. I believe all the snipers are bolt action, headshot for a 1 shot kill.

My only complaint is the lack of progression and amount of guns. Each class probably only gets 3-4 guns but they come in different variants. 99% of them are unlocked at class level 3, with 1 weapon unlocked at class level 10. There are no scope or attachment unlocks. Pick a gun/variant and that is it. You quickly start playing just for weapon skins.

I still play the hell out of it, as it is fun and immersive. It's very much small squad tactical. You naturally find yourself taking point or watching the rear when your squad is moving through the streets.

Agreed, and I was a long time Call of Duty player. I broke away when Battlefield 4 came out and the graphics on PS4 were terrible. Then all the problems it had from launch.

I couldn't go back to COD since I hate all the super unrealistic future stuff, or Titan Fall, or Halo, and so on.

I am super glad that Battlefield 1 is as good and as much fun as it is. The tanks are not really that fast or the planes. Yes the Red Baron plane is the quickest and the small tank is a little faster but that really is it. I play on PS4 with other buddies who also have the game and it is a lot of fun.

MG01GT

Established Member
I love this game..... I think where it shines is that it takes the "tech" we get so used to weaponry wise and actually makes you focus a little on some skill. I also love that it points out campers when you get smoked.... Ive noticed that a lot of guys ignore it and will try to camp still like im not going to come back and stick a blade in his chest. Over all I feel the game was very well done. Im on xbox one.... BK12RR

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
God I hate the gas, it screws team mates so badly. In friendly gas you can't heal, or spawn squad mates.

I think the gas adds another layer to it. They do need to limit the freaking snipers though. 24 snipers on one side almost always loses and people don't care. They just want the kills vs actually winning anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
I've only been playing about a week but I have a couple thoughts that probably aren't worth anything...

Pros

1. Wow is this game intense! When you're in the heat of the battle, you almost start thinking you really are in the heat of battle. As FPS go, I've never felt so involved with the game.
2. The guns are a little far forward for the era they are trying to portray- but thank god they are a major step back from the futuristic BS that the developers are coming out with. I definitely excel with the single shot weapons and I love smoking the spray and pray hip-fire jerk offs from COD.
3. Vehicles aren't as big of a game changer as previous BF titles in my opinion. I really felt like in BF4 that the infantryman was lost in the battle with 10+ vehicles on a map at one time.
4. The maps are interactive like crazy. Not much on the map can't be blown up, and all of the field guns/artillery/gun nests add a small but decisive advantage at key objectives and sectors.

Cons

1. What the hell is with blimps and trains and dreadnaughts? Back in my day, if you were taking a big ol' ass whipping then you took it like a man and tried again on the next round. I'm not a fan of getting smoked by super vehicles just because you suck too bad to kill me the old fashioned way. These things are WAY too big of an advantage considering how hard they are to kill.
2. Sentries. OK- they aren't that bad, but they have just a touch too much HP for my liking. When I first started with that little 10 round peashooter I put all 10 in head/chest and ended up dying with him having 30 health. I probably could have gotten away knowing what I know now- but at the time I didn't realize what a sentry was and I thought the game was hacked already...
3. Where are the good for nothing vehicles at? Other than a couple little motorcycles and things at the beginning of Conquest there isn't much to get the left over infantry into the fight. Kind of sucks having to head to C on foot because your armor already hit A/B before you could tie your shoes.
4. The menus aren't intuitive to me, and they are laggy when you try to navigate them. If they were going to make the game OR the menu good I'm glad they picked the game, but damn can a man go to controls and then back to the game within 10 seconds please?

Other thoughts

TBH I'm not a fan of the WWI stuff, but I'll take it over the futuristic shit on any day. If they could pull this type of game off in the modern era and balance it well they would sell a metric shit ton of copies and wouldn't need a new game on every 12mo cycle. Other than a few grievances and a need for a little bit of balancing (ie: horses) I'm really satisfied with how this game is playing for me. I have to say DICE stepped their game, literally, up on this one.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Teeth, try operations instead of conquest. I was a big CQ fan before but this game is made for operations. The blimps etc seem to make more sense there.

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
Teeth, try operations instead of conquest. I was a big CQ fan before but this game is made for operations. The blimps etc seem to make more sense there.

The operations is where I first ran into the blimp. On my first game of operations I put a solid game up and stopped the attackers at like the third objective. I got all excited because I was on top of the leaderboard at level 4 or something so I went to grab a celebratory beer and take a celebratory piss only to come back and realize the game wasn't actually over!

And then I got blasted. By a blimp.

The game mode is pretty sweet though. Like a half breed between Rush and Conquest IMO. I feel like after 4-6 beers I need to take my happy ass back to TDM though.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm real life blimps where total push overs. Germans used hydrogen and the British almost instantly began using tracer rounds.

RAFpilottoastshydrogenzeppelinneedalight.jpg

2000gt4.6

Established Member
If you can get to the stationary AA they are pretty weak too. If the guy rushes the AA and kills it it can get hairy.

IMO, from the changes they have made DICE really doesn't want the attackers to loose on the first map. Supposed to be a real grind to stop them. The most fun I have had has been stopping them at the last point on the last map, you have all this time invested and it really gives a back against the wall feel.

Last edited:

einehund

Established Member
Hardcore is 1000000% where it's at. And I hate the snipers, but it makes it that much more hard and I enjoy that....and I enjoy lowcrawling over 1/2 the map so that I can sneek up and use the shovel in the back of the sniper's head! The AA shreds the blimp pretty well. I haven't even seen the dreadnaught do anything. I drove the train once and if you are actually talking to the team members on the train, it is unstoppable.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Hmmmm might pick this one up. Walmart has it for $27, price match at BB and have a $5 coupon. Not a big fan of WW1 guns though but heard nothing but great stuff about it. I just picked up Battlefront Ultimate Edition for $20 as well, well worth it.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Just got a great deal on an RX480 Gigabyte Windforce 8gb along with another 16gb of ram. I hope with this i can run full Ultra settings. Right now the 950 GTX works great but is the bottle neck of my new build.

Build as it will be in two days:
i5 6600
Z170 Mobo
32gb DDR4 2400
480gb SSD
2TB HDD's(2 x1tb)
RX480 8gb

Runs great now but graphics settings are only high in some areas. FPS is anywhere between 45-50 and will dip down to 40 at high demand moments.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Just bought it over the weekend since it was on sale for Xbox 1. Only played a couple matches, but so far I like it a lot.

96redcobra

Established Member
Finally bought myself a PS4 on boxing day, had been playing the Battlefield series for years. Bought BF1 when I got the PS4, played it for roughly 2 weeks, downloaded BF4 back and haven't touched BF1 since. Got tired of constantly being killed with a sniper or smg at stupid long ranges, the second you get in a tank theres a dozen AT grenades flying at you. Way prefer BF4

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I bought a PS4 Pro just to play this game a few weeks ago. It's awesome. Never played a Battlefield series game before.

Not a big gamer just use it to kill time a few times a week. Still playing story mode so I can get better before I go online. I will say the story is really well written and it's a great game.

Up next is a steering wheel, VR and a home made racing simulator cockpit for Grand Turismo when it comes out.

97snakebite

Established Member
I bought a PS4 Pro just to play this game a few weeks ago. It's awesome. Never played a Battlefield series game before.

Not a big gamer just use it to kill time a few times a week. Still playing story mode so I can get better before I go online. I will say the story is really well written and it's a great game.

Up next is a steering wheel, VR and a home made racing simulator cockpit for Grand Turismo when it comes out.
Im ready for a wheel setup myself.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread