BBR...So frustrated with them... Time to vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2012csgt

Established Member
I don't quite know where to start. I mean when I had the #8 happened, Chris begged me to keep this off the forums, but I have had so many problems I cant keep quit any longer. Currently my car was down the last 2 weeks because my transmission is now trashed and is currently being fixed. After talking with Chris about this AND other Mechanics/Ford technicians, also having time to reflect on my personal experiences with BBR, to say I'm frustrated is an understatement. I'm pissed. Since last August when I requested BBRs services to install a Vortech its been a complete nightmare. In Short, From the time I picked my car up after the install, it wasn't running right, to 1500 miles later the motor was blown, to 3500 miles later the transmission is blown, and to top it off, right before that was told by Chris my rear end also needed to be replaced. Like I said, I consulted many mechanics/ford technicians and was told by all that it was the tuning that BBR did on my car most likely caused the motor ( #8 cylinder )and tranny to fail. Hearing that did not make me happy. Thinking back on it, it could be some other things too. Like when the Vortech was installed and dynoed by BBR, I picked it up and drove it, I had to bring it right back because it wasn't running right. Come to find out that during the install, packing paper was left in the innercooler and was blocking the mass air flow meter ( I have pics I can post ) from regulating the air fuel ratio ( running really rich then really lean ). So if it couldn't run / drive right, you can imagine how bad it was at wide open throttle on the dyno. Not to mention it dyoed 575hp all messed up with the mass air flow being blocked by packing paper to 631hp the very next day....amazing gains. That in itself could of caused the engine to fail like it did. I mean I have taken to the track and it just banged the rev limiter on almost every gear. ( Steve witnessed it) I probably have, no lie, 45-50 revisions from Chris but I guess he was unable to solve it. Good thing I am local cause I couldn't image doing all these revisions through email. Fast froward to after the new motor was installed, I picked the car up, drove it down sawgrass expressway and 3 out of 4 cross member bolts that hold the transmission fell out on the highway ( 4th one was almost out ) causing the transmission to hang 4 inches from the ground. Who knows, that could of caused serious strain on the transmission causing it to fail. There are many more situations like this ( radiator hoses falling off, air filter falling off, all because it wasn't tightened ). Good thing I got a second opinion on the rear end and found out that it just didn't have any "friction modifier" in it, so I had to just change the fluid and add some. Oh and yes, BBR installed the gears but forgot the friction modifier. Was quoted $750 to fix it by Chris, but luckily I fixed it for a $9.50 bottle of friction modifier. Its just been one bad and costly experience after another. I feel like I am a victim of negligence. I mean if a Doctor performed a bad surgery he would get sued and lose his license. Unfortunately anyone with a dream and $70 to incorporate can open a performance shop and utilize the customers as test mules with no recourse. In addition to my Transmission being fixed right now, I also need a new tune due to the fact BBRs tune caused this and I can no longer run it. But again its not that simple. Chris decided to put 80lb injectors in the car and no one will tune the car with 80s.( Shaun at AED, Ken/lund ) all the reputable tuners informed me that the 80s are (junk) and the wrong injector for the car, and almost un-tunable. Not a shocker here as they were recommended and installed by BBR. So in addition to getting my transmission fixed, I need new (correct) injectors for the car as well as a new (correct)tune all which totals over another $3000. I believe BBR should have some accountability for their actions. I do realize that you play, you pay, but come on. I could of went to ANY, I mean ANY other shop and not got a WORSE experience. Some of you on here may of had a great experience, maybe I'm the needle in the haystack but now I currently have a safe data logged tune from Monty at JMS and the car runs / shifts perfect. Still, all this just makes me wanna get rid of the car all together. IDK time will tell. Maybe soon there will be a Built motor and a Vortech for sale.

Deespeed99

Established Member
I think this thread is headed in a bad direction from the start. Id step away from the computer, take a deep breath & come back, edit and re-organize what you posted so its more clear. Sucks you are going through all of those issues, regardless who's at fault its never fun :(

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I think this thread is headed in a bad direction from the start. Id step away from the computer, take a deep breath & come back, edit and re-organize what you posted so its more clear. Sucks you are going through all of those issues, regardless who's at fault its never fun :(

This thread will disappear shortly anyway.

sleek98

Established Member
That sucks. But sounds like bbr might not be 100% to blame. We will never know exactly who was at fault after hearing both sides.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Brings me back to the stories of the single Hellion turbo that they installed/tuned/swore by... Glad you finally got it all settled man. Don't quit on the car. They are amazing performance machines, now that its running right, put the past behind you and enjoy the hell out of it!

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Wow sorry to hear that... :nonono:

I still want their lower delete when it comes out :shrug:

06 Saleen

Established Member
Sorry to hear that op but this doesn't surprise me with how they operate as a shop. Cut your loses and just don't do business with them again.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Holy cow. Man that is just plane wrong.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Man it sucks to hear this. I think I saw you at power by the hour a month ago or so. Im the guy in the white paxton gt. I used the friction modifier that frank gave me and the rear end is silent. From what I heard you had a lot of issues with that car. I hope you get everything sorted out. Good luck man.

Nuar

Established Member
Why is that? He stated his issues according to the site rules.

It would be nice if he edited it to make it a bit easier to parse.

I just have seen it in the past, which I understood to a point as well, that's all

Glad to hear that's not the case here. Customers should be informed of the negatives as well as the positives. I have heard plenty of positives about BBR, but there is the other side as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread