BBR...So frustrated with them... Time to vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFM50

Established Member
I guarantee his motor blew because of tune. Mine did. My knock sensor kept kicking in and Chris kept revising the tune. When my motor blew, it didn't even make it a block from my house after loading a revised tune. I have all sorts of data logs and can post when i get home, where it shows the car trying to compensate like crazy. This guy isn't the only one to have a blown motor from there shop lately. I can count at least 4 in the last 2 months.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I don't what you thread you are reading but if you read the entire thread he has stuck to his story and BBR changed or omitted a couple of facts along the way read the entire thread no I won't cut and paste it for you. I don't know the op from anywhere but he has video, pictures, and fellow forum member backing his story. I own my own business not automotive but very customer service heavy and the op has demonstrated a good amount of evidence of bad work along with very poor at best follow up. Tune revisions that vendor wants to complain about might because of a bad tune and not a finckey customer. Read the thread especially where bbr trashes him then look at his original post and it was cherry picked to look bad. One example is when the motor was replaced then the customer leaves shop that day and losses three out four bolts almost dropping his transmission on the highway. BBR wants to blame customer for fing with exhaust for cause????? Read you will see

Pretty obvious you didn't read the whole thread.
Yea, he stuck to his story.
Even to the part where they blew his Tranny but his own post show that he was messing with shift points himself and was even running another tuner at the time.

I guarantee his motor blew because of tune. Mine did. My knock sensor kept kicking in and Chris kept revising the tune. When my motor blew, it didn't even make it a block from my house after loading a revised tune. I have all sorts of data logs and can post when i get home, where it shows the car trying to compensate like crazy. This guy isn't the only one to have a blown motor from there shop lately. I can count at least 4 in the last 2 months.

I never said they didn't.
However, he and even you have been part of discussions about #8, pistons, boost and tuners.
Need I say more?
In this thread there are issues with motors from SEVERAL of the major players.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tane-mix-paxton-13-gt-5-0-a.html#post13090031

You said they blew yours too right?
A few minutes ago you guaranteed it right?

I popped mine under 10psi. Motor showed signs of detonation but wasn't lean. Not sure if there was to much timing in the tune or if I had bad gas. Luckily I only broke pistons and didn't damage the block. I will be running a meth kit for safety on mine. E85 isn't readily available in AZ.

I broke the # 8 ringland as well. Also cracked 7 and started cracking 4 other's. I'm just really starting to think the pistons on these motors can't hold up to the added power for too long. I had a little over 10k on my blower.

Like I said, everyone knows there were issues but flat out lying was not necessary.

RFM50

Established Member
Are u calling me a liar? For your info, when I posted those other threads I was trying to give them a chance to make it right before I said anything. As a moderator you shouldn't be defending the vendors that pay money to sponser the sight. You should stay nutural. So I take it the 4 other guys with blown motors from that shop had nothing to do with there tunning either? The only common denominator in all these is BBR

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Are u calling me a liar? For your info, when I posted those other threads I was trying to give them a chance to make it right before I said anything. As a moderator you shouldn't be defending the vendors that pay money to sponser the sight. You should stay nutural. So I take it the 4 other guys with blown motors from that shop had nothing to do with there tunning either? The only common denominator in all these is BBR

No, I am as neutral as they come and everyone knows that.

What I'm saying is if you are going to present a case then present all of it.

He knowingly changed post and included info that isn't true from his own post.

If I'm defending anything I'm defending what is right.

This thread will be closed.
There is enough info there for people to make up their own minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread