BBR...So frustrated with them... Time to vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4VFTW

Established Member
I had my rear 4.10 installed by you guys at BBR and you used that same gear oil on mine and it sounded like a dog crying when i was turning after i put 100 miles or so on it. i dont blame you guys for the mistake because it does say that it brings a friction modifier but you still have to add a bottle of friction modifier from ford. my rear end is actually really good and it does not whine or growl or anything. it was only the clutches making the noise. but hopefully by now you guys are adding friction modifier on top of the royal purple gear oil. i dont believe that op and i are the only people that have had that issue that could be simply solved by adding friction modifier. so please dont post pics of what the product says it has because it obliviously does not work on this rear ends. maybe ford uses a different clutch pack than it used to.

i remember when i had my mach 1 rear end built by promotion powertrain they were very clear and told me not to use anything other than ford gear oil with a bottle of friction modifier. i should had done the same with this one but i trusted that you guys had experience and knew what you were talking about.

you drove my car? do you think that im making shit up or something? im glad that your rear end is quiet but mine was not after 100 miles and it kept getting louder as time passed. the friction modifier fixed it.
no I didnt drive your car , but BBR apparently did and it was not chattering for 100 miles after they used a product that contains friction modifier and works in 8.8 rears everyday...where was their mistake?

Last edited:

pickles

Established Member
Keep in mind these are "cross member" bolts.. Yes it will hang down, and you're going to know something is wrong when that comes loose

Last edited:

9secWS6

Established Member
no I didnt drive your car , but BBR apparently did and it was not chattering for 100 miles after they used a product that contains friction modifier and works in 8.8 rears everyday...where was their mistake?

I agree, I install an average of 4-5 gear sets a month and have NEVER had an issue with the Royal Purple w/FM only. I do keep ford FM on the shelf for use with coventional gear oil without FM.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member

Dude how can you say that it was not chattering? I am not making this shit up. Op was there and had the same problem I had with the rear. Even ken asked me wtf that noise was when he drove my car to check the tune. BBR only drove my car 5 minutes after they did the rear end. The royal purple friction modifier is not enough. Stop sucking bbr balls dude. It seems like if they do something wrong you always find a way to lick their balls and blame what ever happens on the costumer. And you are not the only one.

4VFTW

Established Member
Dude how can you say that it was not chattering? I am not making this shit up. Op was there and had the same problem I had with the rear. Even ken asked me wtf that noise was when he drove my car to check the tune. BBR only drove my car 5 minutes after they did the rear end. The royal purple friction modifier is not enough. Stop sucking bbr balls dude. It seems like if they do something wrong you always find a way to lick their balls and blame what ever happens on the costumer. And you are not the only one.
Royal Purple works perfectly fine without adding modifier and that is fact , I have my car sitting in the garage and my old Fox Body that both work perfectly with RP diff oil. BBR used a product that is proven to work and test drove the car and it had no issues...I ask you again , where was their mistake?

I'm not nutswinging buddy it just seems like your Butthurt and looking for someplace to pile on. I have not weighed in on either side of this discussion between the OP and BBR , but what you are saying about BBR being wrong for using RP oil without using additional modifier is nonsense and I will call you out on it.:beer:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

You are walking a fine line with the insults.

You may want to slow the roll a bit.

Matter of fact, you 2 can take it to the royal purple thread.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Here's my thing.

Motor popped? Well I'll buy that although damage pics would be nice.

Tranny? I have a hard time with.

First post in this thread,

On 1/26/13
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...54/909013-made-track-new-pb.html#post12669522

So like I commented on in this previous post....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...lt-bottom-end-jba-longtubes-vortech-dyno.html

I made it to the track last night. The track was not in very good shape but the weather was decent. I had to do quite a few tune adjustments on the handheld to change the cars shift point, and managed to get them close to the rpm I wanted except for 4th. That was really lazy and shifting early at like 7200.
I left the car full weight and it weighed 3955 with me in it. Aired the 20" DR down to about 22psi and let her rip. Short time was only a 1.74 as I have the stock convertor and a 28.4 DR...3.55 gear... Basically leave off idle, 1/8 mile was a 6.90 @ 106.19 and the 1/4 mile was 10.58 @ 133.39. Overall I am happy because its my new best time, but I believe there is more in it.

1. I have to make some tune adjustments
2. I have a set of big/littles to put on and are 26" tall. should be perfect
3. Car has to lose some weight almose 2 tons is alot!
4. 3.48 pulley, should give me a couple psi more boost.

5. should be a convertor but I am not going that route. With the above mods done, I believe I can get a low 1.6 short time enroute to a new PB of 10.20s @ 135+...Time will tell, looking to go back with a month or so.

Here is the time slip and I will post the video as well.......

Then,

On 4/4/13 you made this thread,

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...6427-fml-automatic-transmission-problems.html

Post 17,

Its a BBR tune. Not saying thats what caused it but I am curious who has had this issue.

On 3/22/13 you had made this thread,

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...3160-2012-automatic-transmission-problem.html

Post 3 after being asked what tune,

I just started noticing it a few weeks ago. Now I'm worried something might be wrong with the tranny/converter.

However, That post was edited on 4/4/13 about an hour after the new thread on 4/4 was started.

This is the original post on 3/22/13

Running a JMS tune. I just started noticing it a few weeks ago. Now I'm worried something might be wrong with the tranny/converter.

Then when called on it you admit to lying to get a honest answer?

You have more edited post than anyone else I know here but we are to believe you 100%?

Why don't you go read rule #7 of the SVTP rules.

Dave5.0

Established Member
Here's my thing.

On 1/26/13
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...54/909013-made-track-new-pb.html#post12669522

Then,

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...6427-fml-automatic-transmission-problems.html

Post 17,

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...3160-2012-automatic-transmission-problem.html

However, That post was edited on 4/4/13 about an hour after the new thread on 4/4 was started.

You have more edited post than anyone else I know here but we are to believe you 100%?

Woah, after reading that my siding is starting to go on BBR. That's a lot of stuff in there.

So wait, his tranny broke after going to the track, or after the install?:rolling::??:

2012csgt

Established Member
Exactly, they offered to come to you. Not many, if any shops would come to you. That speaks a lot to me.

Maybe they over looked it, there human... People make mistakes. The transmission should hang at all since its bolted to the motor. I would think you wouldn't be able to change the gears.

Again, Steve had said something about you saying you we're working in your exhaust.. Maybe you loosend them up and forgot to tighten them?

Yeah they offered to come to me because after a month at there shop installing a new motor these bolts fell out on the way home. I was working on my exhaust about a month after that changing out the h pipe and installing an x pipe because an H pipe was never suppose to be put on in the first place.

So confused.
Timeline?

Text saying running good and you are happy and then Vid showing poor running.

Pics of Tranny bolts that you had to find on the highway but no pics of tranny hanging down? you seem to have pics of almost everything else. lol

Not trying to take sides but I would like to understand,

What, when, why?

When was the install?
When did motor let go?
When did the tranny let go?
When did you switch tunes?
Etc......?

Vortech install beginning of OCT.
Motor let go the day before Thanksgiving
Got the car back right before Christmas.
Tranny started slipping about Feb, my guess.
Chris made a ton of tune changes cause it kept hitting the rev limiter in every gear.

1-2 shift commanded @ 6050
2-3 shift commanded @ 6500
3-4 shift commanded @ 6450

Still hit the rev limiter, so yes alot of changes were made. I would guess the 3-4 was hitiing everytime because the 3-4 clutches were bad.
I went to PBH to change the tranny fluid to see how it looked and thats when I found out it was fried. Chunks at the bottom of the pan. I called Steve he was like oh well, and he said they can pull it out and send it to Circle D. They dont work on Transmissions. That was my final straw with BBR.

Fast forward to today...Tranny fixed now, JMS tuned and the car is running and shifting perfect.

OK i thought something wasn't right you said 3 of the trans bolts fell out on the highway but your clearly holding two???? either you lied about them falling out or you have the best eyes in the world and went back and found them. plus in the pics those bolts dont look like they have been skipping down the road.

Actually 2 bolts fell out on the expressway and 1 more about a minute later making a left turn off the expressway. The pic shows 2 cause thats what I texted Chris to see what they were for. When they fell out they made quite a noise where I looked at my wife and said WTF was that.

I told them not to come to me cause I was like a 1/4 mile away from my brothers house. We went back and walked the expressway and found them, put them back it and tightened em. Thats it.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
yea after putting it all together your not honest enough for me to believe what you say. could it of been bbr fault maybe, could it of been you jumping tuners in between all of this maybe. nothing adds up that you say, that and all of the edited post hiding info. only thing that makes sense is bbr slipped up on the packaging paper and didnt add modifier to the rear gear.

Just so people know I have never dealt with bbr before, the closest encounter i have with them is my buddy turbo 2012 is tuned by them.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Stampede to the rescue. Now we are truly starting to see both sides. I get the feeling both sides of this party are responsible for different events.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Stampede to the rescue. Now we are truly starting to see both sides. I get the feeling both sides of this party are responsible for different events.

I'm not trying to rescue anyone, Only pointing out inconsistencies that need to be addressed.

I have no doubt both are partly responsible. It is almost always the case.

BBR already openly acknowledged they made mistakes.
At least they made some attempt to correct them.

On another note, I always get a chuckle out of guys wanting a 10sec "Street" car at full weight and then get mad when it breaks.

Fast/Reliable= Pick 1

For the same money I'll have a "Street" car in the garage and a gutted 10 second track toy.

2012csgt

Established Member
Here's my thing.

On 1/26/13

Then,

Post 17,

yea after putting it all together your not honest enough for me to believe what you say. could it of been bbr fault maybe, could it of been you jumping tuners in between all of this maybe. nothing adds up that you say, that and all of the edited post hiding info. only thing that makes sense is bbr slipped up on the packaging paper and didnt add modifier to the rear gear.

Just so people know I have never dealt with bbr before, the closest encounter i have with them is my buddy turbo 2012 is tuned by them.

(Motor popped? Well I'll buy that although damage pics would be nice.

Tranny? I have a hard time with.Not trying to sell you )

Not trying to sell you anything STAMPEDE3.....

PLEASE re read the title . BBR...So frustrated with them... Time to vent!...... Key word being VENT. NOT DEBATE. I am by no means trying convince anyone to believe any part of my story. I told you an account of my own personal experiences. Thats it. If you want to doubt them, thats your option. I just wish I read an article like this BEFORE I decided to go to BBR. I would of chose a different, more professional, and knowledgeable shop, and saved alot of time, money and hassle.

I mean like I said before, I couldn't of gotten a worse experience. Some people have had success with BBR, some not. Choose what you want to believe and make your own decisions. I mean if you are ordering lower control arms from BBR and you got a great deal and fast shipping, praise them. But I've been through alot with them, To much bad and not much good. I was warned before about BBRand I didn't listen to them, hence suffered to consequences.

Make your own decisions and choose your shops carefully. Im Done.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
PLEASE re read the title . BBR...So frustrated with them... Time to vent!...... Key word being VENT. NOT DEBATE. I am by no means trying convince anyone to believe any part of my story. I told you an account of my own personal experiences. Thats it. If you want to doubt them, thats your option. I just wish I read an article like this BEFORE I decided to go to BBR. I would of chose a different, more professional, and knowledgeable shop, and saved alot of time, money and hassle.

I mean like I said before, I couldn't of gotten a worse experience. Some people have had success with BBR, some not. Choose what you want to believe and make your own decisions. I mean if you are ordering lower control arms from BBR and you got a great deal and fast shipping, praise them. But I've been through alot with them, To much bad and not much good. I was warned before about BBRand I didn't listen to them, hence suffered to consequences.

Listen man, there's always going to be guys who are shop loyalists and there's always going to be guys who are shop-haters.

People are going to want some sort of military log-style series of events to prove your case in the forum of public opinion. Honestly, I don't write down every issue, time, date, grid location when there's a problem.

There's no excuse for some of this stuff. Especially letting you leave with a car running so poorly.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
(Motor popped? Well I'll buy that although damage pics would be nice.

Tranny? I have a hard time with.Not trying to sell you )

Not trying to sell you anything STAMPEDE3.....

And venting is fine.
I have no issue with venting.

But your vent says things that are maybe not 100% accurate and pretty much make direct statements and/or accusations that could possibly sway someone elses decision.

That also would not be fair.

I'm also done.

I hope anyway.

mhyjek

Established Member
And venting is fine.
I have no issue with venting.

But your vent says things that are maybe not 100% accurate and pretty much make direct statements and/or accusations that could possibly sway someone elses decision.

That also would not be fair.

I'm also done.

I hope anyway.

I don't what you thread you are reading but if you read the entire thread he has stuck to his story and BBR changed or omitted a couple of facts along the way read the entire thread no I won't cut and paste it for you. I don't know the op from anywhere but he has video, pictures, and fellow forum member backing his story. I own my own business not automotive but very customer service heavy and the op has demonstrated a good amount of evidence of bad work along with very poor at best follow up. Tune revisions that vendor wants to complain about might because of a bad tune and not a finckey customer. Read the thread especially where bbr trashes him then look at his original post and it was cherry picked to look bad. One example is when the motor was replaced then the customer leaves shop that day and losses three out four bolts almost dropping his transmission on the highway. BBR wants to blame customer for fing with exhaust for cause????? Read you will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread