Below MSRP

NameBrand

Established Member
I am not sure what type of discount they would offer, if any, but you guys may want to try Cody at Capitol Ford in San Jose. He is a good guy.

krt22

Established Member
I am not sure what type of discount they would offer, if any, but you guys may want to try Cody at Capitol Ford in San Jose. He is a good guy.

LOL

They wanted 20k over when I called them back in June. They were super super smug about it too. Cody might be a good guy, but wouldnt be so sure he has any ability to circumvent their shitty management

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
hahaha.png

conceptmachine

Established Member
Aren't they supposed to ramp up production in march? Hope all the dealers that are choking off the supply chain sit on their ADM'S and eventually get stuck with the cars.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
lol...this whole thing is laughable, I can't wait for another few months when these dealers have to eat shit and actually sell

conceptmachine

Established Member
lol...this whole thing is laughable, I can't wait for another few months when these dealers have to eat shit and actually sell

Thumbs up man. just 3 weeks ago I had 3 dealers willing to give me msrp on the car.

So, after payday comes, I go into the dealer today with checkbook in hand (has a white one with blue stripes (scuffed from passer byes) Ask for the sales manager and tell him I'd like to buy this GT350 and he was happier than hell, then I said, AT MSRP only... he said, no cant do it. I said, I bought a 2014 gt500 from you... nothing...could hear a pin drop. NO kind of chat or nothing... that was it... I was stunned. I said, OK, i guess I won't be buying a car today.

SO BE IT! I'm not ever going to pay an adm on this car, so forget it ford dealers!! I'd rather do without... in fact your giving me good reason to try out another brand.

Last edited:

b4409

Established Member
Thumbs up man. just 3 weeks ago I had 3 dealers willing to give me msrp on the car.

So, after payday comes, I go into the dealer today with checkbook in hand (has a white one with blue stripes (scuffed from passer byes) Ask for the sales manager and tell him I'd like to buy this GT350 and he was happier than hell, then I said, AT MSRP only... he said, no cant do it. I said, I bought a 2014 gt500 from you... nothing...could hear a pin drop. NO kind of chat or nothing... that was it... I was stunned. I said, OK, i guess I won't be buying a car today.

SO BE IT! I'm not ever going to pay an adm on this car, so forget it ford dealers!! I'd rather do without... in fact your giving me good reason to try out another brand.

Funny, true and sad all at once. Dealer told me MSRP and then gigs me with over $1,500 in bs fees. I love my fords but not willing to go nuts. I spent too much money last year on mustangs! And this ADM stuff will pass. I read a little about the Z28's and seems like they only built a handful yet can't give them away for 20% off. So, seems like the smart thing for my Ford dealer to do would be to take my money now for the R model I want and deliver it whenever. Would not everyone win in that scenario? Meanwhile, I've been racing and advertising at the front for Ford for years. The fact that I'm looking at Z/28's is berserk. Where is Mark Wilson when you need him?!? :whine:

conceptmachine

Established Member
Funny, true and sad all at once. Dealer told me MSRP and then gigs me with over $1,500 in bs fees. I love my fords but not willing to go nuts. I spent too much money last year on mustangs! And this ADM stuff will pass. I read a little about the Z28's and seems like they only built a handful yet can't give them away for 20% off. So, seems like the smart thing for my Ford dealer to do would be to take my money now for the R model I want and deliver it whenever. Would not everyone win in that scenario? Meanwhile, I've been racing and advertising at the front for Ford for years. The fact that I'm looking at Z/28's is berserk. Where is Mark Wilson when you need him?!? :whine:

Crazy, isnt' it?! Yet ford doesn't try and do anything about it. I guess if the dealer buys the car, its theirs to do as they wish. If I was in that business I'd just want to get rid of it, thats the name of the game! Sell Sell Sell!! Why do they care that much about 10K Hell, I don't...its just I'm not going to give it to them knowing that its not the cost of the car!!
Market Adjustment LOL... right...
Ford is the one that builds them, they know the cost of the materials...etc..etc. If the adjustment they are talking about is because there is such a damand, then why the hell isn't it selling at 10K over...or some with 20 or 80K over. Its not selling because its too high, numbskulls. I just don't get why they would kill buyer loyalty like that. Do you think that once the cars start selling for MSRP that I'm actually going to go back to that same dealer and ask to buy one from them? Hell no, I'm going to the guy that tried his best to at least get me one at the time. I guess some dealerships care nothing about buyer loyalty
MSRP,

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
I recall having an Internet discussion last year about how great it was going to be to get the new GT350 at $49,000. Some guys gave me a hard time about my opinion that you won't be able to touch one for under $60,000 at a dealership. In some cases I was about $15,000-20,000 short with dealer mark ups. Anyone who has purchased one at MSRP is very fortunate.

Pete

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Have contacted a couple of dealers that have cars listed on their sites @ MSRP.
These cars are scheduled for delivery at the end of Feb.
They won't give me a " selling " price, but say it won't be @ or below MSRP.
Another dealer has ( 3 ) sitting on his lot.....MSRP + 20K !!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have contacted a couple of dealers that have cars listed on their sites @ MSRP.
These cars are scheduled for delivery at the end of Feb.
They won't give me a " selling " price, but say it won't be @ or below MSRP.
Another dealer has ( 3 ) sitting on his lot.....MSRP + 20K !!

Is the dealer with 3, Autonation of Littleton?

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
A plan of attack is: get a salesman that isn't full of it and tell him that you would be interested in it as soon as they take the ADM off of the price. "I'll take it for MSRP and I'll drive it away." There isn't a huge difference between invoice and MSRP on the GT350 but they do make money off of MSRP.

I'm probably trading in my 2012 Explorer in for a 2016 Fusion AWD. I'm going in today. $2500 off of MSRP plus additional discounts for loans and $4000 off MSRP on leasing it. They sell piles of these I know, but still price gouging the GT350 in New England? I drive my GT500 maybe 7-8 months a year as it is. Buying a car with a $10,000 - 40,000 markup isn't insurance friendly. You will only get insured for replacement cost, not on what you paid for it. And if you have a loan, the banks do not want you to remove any insurance from the car even when it is stored. I already tried that!

The salesman I use isn't too happy about the markups either on the GT350. One guy did come in and trade in his 2013 GHIG Boss 302 (13,000 miles) in for a GT350 for MSRP plus $10,000. If you are looking for a Boss, it is in the showroom! PM me and I'll tell you who the dealer is.

Pete

dom418

Established Member
Funny thing is guys fall for the hype every time a new Shelby is released! If I was a dealer why not take these idiots money? Same story with every release "this one is different" "this one is special" "this is the last of its kind" "super rare"

I just laugh at anyone who pays over Msrp for anything. Calm the F down and in 6 months all will be well again

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Calm the F down and in 6 months all will be well again

Exactly, good things come to those who wait.

I paid sticker for my LS in oct of 2011, and 3 months later my friend paid $1000 under sticker for his LS, and got the dealer to throw in track key all programmed.

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
Yup! Being patient is always a good thing. I'd be curious to hear about the owner regret of trading in a pristine Boss 302 to get a GT350. This guy had to lose $20,000 between trade in and mark up. "Experts" think that there will be a dramatic difference. Unless you drive your newly and overpaid GT350 on the track, driving on the street can't possibly show you much of a difference. At least here in New England because the roads suck. It would have to slap me in the face with a performance jolt to make my GT500 or DAVESVT2000's Boss 302 LS less desirable.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread