best 1 piece driveshaft

KBBoss302

Established Member
+1 Dynotech. I am very pleased with mine. Very rare to hear about them having any issues (unlike another very popular brand).

1320 MAN

Established Member
I just picked up a 2014 and was thinking about the DSS 1-Piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft. What's the popular not so great brand?

kdaly

Established Member
Thanks for the info just want to buy one I will be happy with

DSS Sucks. Im on my third with low power levels. And their customer service is lacking. Try another manufacturer. BTW I had the the aluminum version. I dont have not input on the CF Version

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Bought a DSS, heard tons of horror stories of poor customer service, product failure without the backing of the company, etc.

Returned it and bought a Shafter Masters. Looking forward to testing it out.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I've had a shaftmasters for 3+ months, it's a nice looking shaft, installs fairly easy. But anything over 100-120mph I get vibration like car is coming apart. I talked with them and they say "send it back we'll test it". The only reason that I haven't is because I need my freakin' car to NOT be parked for 3-4-5 weeks. I've adjusted UCA ...I don't know what else to try. ? I think I want a different DS.

kdaly

Established Member
I've had a shaftmasters for 3+ months, it's a nice looking shaft, installs fairly easy. But anything over 100-120mph I get vibration like car is coming apart. I talked with them and they say "send it back we'll test it". The only reason that I haven't is because I need my freakin' car to NOT be parked for 3-4-5 weeks. I've adjusted UCA ...I don't know what else to try. ? I think I want a different DS.

Can you put on your stock one in the mean time. DSS had mine for just over a week while they rectified my issue. They should have shipped me a new one after it was the third bad one and upgraded me to Carbon.

shaftmasters

Established Member

From our correspondence with customer:
"We will gladly check out the shaft and let you know if we find any issues with it. If the shaft checks out OK we would like to give you a full refund."

We should have mentioned in the correspondence that there will not be a 3-4-5 week wait. Warranty issues are normally addressed in 24 hrs.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member

Do you still have the stock driveshaft? Are you able to try to take it back to the shop to diagnose that installed it? Sometimes a 1/4 turn on the shaft eliminates any vibration.

I ran a Shaftmasters on my Supercharged 07 GT for about 2 years and over 20,000 miles and it was raced hard on/off the track. Not a single vibration.

See below, that is definitely a great response from a vendor.

From our correspondence with customer:
"We will gladly check out the shaft and let you know if we find any issues with it. If the shaft checks out OK we would like to give you a full refund."

We should have mentioned in the correspondence that there will not be a 3-4-5 week wait. Warranty issues are normally addressed in 24 hrs.

Well said Shaftmasters! Glad that we have support like this and someone that does back their product without question.

:beer:

dsmith658

Where's all my money??
Established Member
I bought this one and haven't had trouble with it yet (FRPP 3.5")

Last edited:

BMR Tech

I use and typically recommend Shaftmasters to my customers.

The primary reason is because they go out of their way to ensure the customer is taken care of, and it is usually extremely fast if you have any sort of warranty work performed.

466roller

Established Member
Just installed a spicer driveshaft on mine. No adapters, 20lbs lighter than stock. No vibrations up to 130 so far.$700 to my door

Users who are viewing this thread