best 1 piece driveshaft

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
DSS Carbon Fiber, nice shaft but expensive. Bought it during one of those many Lethal Performance sales.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a Dynotech for almost 2 years now. No vibrations or other issues to report so far.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I've had Dynotech for about 4 years with no vibration. Excellent driveshaft and you don't need to change the pinion flange as some others do.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Can you put on your stock one in the mean time. DSS had mine for just over a week while they rectified my issue. They should have shipped me a new one after it was the third bad one and upgraded me to Carbon.

I cannot easily use my stock DS again, I had to cut the carrier bearing support with a sawzall because one bolt was crossthreaded from factory, or from previous owner.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Do you still have the stock driveshaft? Are you able to try to take it back to the shop to diagnose that installed it? Sometimes a 1/4 turn on the shaft eliminates any vibration.

I can not re-install my stock DS, I had to cut the carrier bearing support to remove it, passenger side bolt was cross threaded from factory, or from previous owner.
And thank for for your input Grabber but when I spoke with David on the phone and I suggested turning it a 1/4 he said "DS is balanced, turning it a 1/4 turn should make no difference", then I thought for a second and said "yea I guess it shouldn't should it". But I did anyway. It made no difference.

I ran a Shaftmasters on my Supercharged 07 GT for about 2 years and over 20,000 miles and it was raced hard on/off the track. Not a single vibration.

Well then I MUST be imagining things.

See below, that is definitely a great response from a vendor.
Well said Shaftmasters! Glad that we have support like this and someone that does back their product without question.

:beer:

Yes that is a very good quote, David is a professional, and a nice dude. My DS still vibrates Grabber.
I'm installing my Hellion TT as we speak, I don't have a lot of time to tweak the UCA right now as I've already done that process 4-5 times, thought I'd have it dialed in by now so that I can go fast once TT install is done.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Do you still have the stock driveshaft? Are you able to try to take it back to the shop to diagnose that installed it? Sometimes a 1/4 turn on the shaft eliminates any vibration.

I ran a Shaftmasters on my Supercharged 07 GT for about 2 years and over 20,000 miles and it was raced hard on/off the track. Not a single vibration.

See below, that is definitely a great response from a vendor.

Well said Shaftmasters! Glad that we have support like this and someone that does back their product without question.

:beer:

Again, David is a great guy. Although Grabber you might want to check your theory on turning the ds a 1/4 turn because I did suggest that to David when we spoke on the phone and David said that "the drive shaft is balanced turning should make no difference", I thought about that and I agree with David I mean it's his ds he would know right.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
From our correspondence with customer:
"We will gladly check out the shaft and let you know if we find any issues with it. If the shaft checks out OK we would like to give you a full refund."

We should have mentioned in the correspondence that there will not be a 3-4-5 week wait. Warranty issues are normally addressed in 24 hrs.

David, hi. I don't know what happened here. But listen. You seem like a great guy, you seem professional. You said there will not be a 3-4-5 week wait, you said "Warranty issues address in 24 hrs"...that does not mean that I will have a DS in 24 hrs. That means you set back while I re-box, reship, and when you receive DS you check out the DS, then you send it, or another, back to me. That is too much down time even if it's a total of 2 weeks. And since I'm on the burner here and you're posting our correspondence then lets start from the beginning. I order DS, it shows up in a jacked up box, we find out that DS came loose in shipping, UPS re-boxed it, you said you don't believe UPS jacked anything up, I install DS, I adjust UCA, again and again and again, you still think the DS is fine but you tell me "send it back and we'll check it out", I say "but my car is a DD and I cannot reuse my stock DS I'll be stuck".
Ok at this point, I believe, since UPS spilled the DS down the Hwy(who knows?)that I could have been AT LEAST send an RMA UPS/FedEx return label, etc. I mean I just paid $600 for a DS now I gotta pay to send the ****** back? And wait.
But instead you email me this= "We do not think there is anything wrong with the driveshaft. We do not ship "lemons". It is also very unlikely that UPS was able to damage it even though the box was open when you received it.
We will gladly check out the shaft and let you know if we find any issues with it. If the shaft checks out OK we would like to give you a full refund." David, that sure sounds like at least 3 weeks to me. I'm sorry David but honestly aside from anything that may look good on paper the truth is that this is how it all went down and maybe I have a distorted view, but that's how I see it, how I feel,what I think(due to the UPS cataclysmic event), and I never wanted this BC on the forum I came on here to read about Ford Racing DS not to do this.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
...and David for the record it is a very beautifully welded/crafted/shiny DS, I especially like the big Spicer u-joints and those copper clips, I took a pic of it when received it and sent it to some of my friends just to.make them jealous. The front of the car is up in the air at present(very limited with equipment/lifts/etc where I'm at, geographically, at the moment ) removing engine, replacing some things including clutch, timing chain, Hellion headers, etc and I can't even access the DS/pinion flange so when I get the TT installed I'll call you or something, I won't have any down time due to a DS, I'll buy a new one before that happens, js if I could go back, 'after' UPS, and 'before' I purchased an $8,500 TT kit I would've bought a new DS, again, and "then" sent this one back. To each his own but 1 week or 2 weeks of down time that could've been avoided makes me want to kill myself.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
David. Sorry it took so long to get back I've been pulling my motor, David I got your email thank you you're a good man I don't care what BMR said about you *joking, thank you and I'm sorry.

Mustang%20motor%20out%20svt%202016.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/futurechamps/Mustang motor out svt 2016.jpg

sdoo500

Established Member
Installed my shaftmasters "new and improved" one piece today that I bought a few months back. Very very happy with it so far, absolutely no vibrations at all. Can't beat it for the price.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
Installed my shaftmasters "new and improved" one piece today that I bought a few months back. Very very happy with it so far, absolutely no vibrations at all. Can't beat it for the price.

are running factory UCA.i see u have bmr LCA

4VFTW

Established Member
your car sits gutted in a field for god knows how long to install a TT, but you can't afford the downtime to get a replacement shaft? I guess Shaftmasters could send you a replacement on the cuff, but I've never heard of a company doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread