Best 26 spline street clutch?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Everyone types "My Clutch is the best". Mostly just because they bought it and they feel it is OK to them. But what is streetable to some is not for others. I have driven many clutches over the last 20 years as well and the RXT has been by far the nicest.
Have you driven a Spec 3+ on a modified Terminator? How does the Spec compare with the Mcleod? I remember reading that you were going with a RST originally? So you went with an RXT? What changed your mind?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Have you driven a Spec 3+ on a modified Terminator? How does the Spec compare with the Mcleod? I remember reading that you were going with a RST originally? So you went with an RXT? What changed your mind?
Yes I have. I have driven a couple of them actually. The Spec 3+ has a stiffer pedal than the McLeod and makes a hissing noise when slowly letting out of the clutch. I just did not like it.

My number one priority with a clutch was driveability. I was a little apprehensive by going with the RXT because I did not want any chatter. I had a long conversation with Jared @ Lethal and he assured me the RXT would be fine. I also have read a few reviews that the RST was slipping on 500+ HP cars so the RXT was the choice.

It was a gamble because I still was nervous with the compound of the RXT discs but that all went away after driving it. It truly is the best clutch I have ever driven in a street car.

cobracide

Established Member
Yes I have. I have driven a couple of them actually. The Spec 3+ has a stiffer pedal than the McLeod and makes a hissing noise when slowly letting out of the clutch. I just did not like it.

My number one priority with a clutch was driveability. I was a little apprehensive by going with the RXT because I did not want any chatter. I had a long conversation with Jared @ Lethal and he assured me the RXT would be fine. I also have read a few reviews that the RST was slipping on 500+ HP cars so the RXT was the choice.

It was a gamble because I still was nervous with the compound of the RXT discs but that all went away after driving it. It truly is the best clutch I have ever driven in a street car.

I can assure you that my RST does not slip @525rwhp and is a great light pedal street clutch. Having said that, the RXT is better suited for drag racing launches.

Last edited:

DE07GT

Established Member
Kinda weird to hear that you think a Dual Friction sucks for driving around. I daily drove my car with a Centerforce DF and it was great for traffic and had exactly no chatter...pretty much the exact opposite of what you're describing. IMO it's a great clutch in its price range for normal driving if it's installed and broken-in correctly. It didn't hold up to powershifting too well so I switched to a DFX...which acts more like what you're describing. It doesn't bother me even though I DD my car...I guess people are just getting too picky these days. If I get anything after this clutch it'd be a Mcleod.. a friend of mine had one and said it was the best clutch he'd ever felt in his entire life. Definitely a great choice if you want a clutch that is great for normal driving and hold a lot of power.

Fast GTO

Established Member
I went with the RXT and Ford Racing aluminum flywheel...just waiting for it to come in the mail along with the full MM setup (k member/coilover).

sonic cobra

Established Member
I had RXT installed with new mcleod alum flywheel. Still breaking it in but I think I'm going to love this clutch. At 350 miles my only real issue is the clutch engages in the top half of the pedal travel , but I'm getting used to it.Mcleod told me I wouldn't need the adjustable pivot ball so it wasn't used. Now I have a very light rattle at idle in neutral that stops when pedal is depressed. Normally I would worry about the TOB but brand new Ford HD TOB with Lethal retainer sleeve, so I think it is the floater plate, but probably wouldn't even notice it if I wasn't straining to hear it.

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
I have a Spec 3 clutch with a Fidanza billet steel flywheel. I F**king HATE this clutch. All it does is chatter... Holding capability is great while going WOT and powershifting but it's not good for much else, IMO.

I plan on going either 3+ or RXT when I do the viper spec upgrade in 2012..

Users who are viewing this thread