Best Aluminum Driveshaft 11/12 Auto 5.0?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Any recomondations as to which driveshaft to go with that WONT VIBRATE? I had to try 3 on my 2011 GT last year before i just put the stock one back on....is their a built in vibration in the new Auto 5.0...I have now owned 2 Auto 5.0's one 11 and one 12 and both have had a slight 3-5% vibration that can be seen in the passenger side headrest at certain speeds.....not sure if anyone else has this same small vibration but my new auto is 100% stock.....im figuring going to a 1 piece will make it worse....anyone else notice this vibration in their auto 11/12 GT? did it get worse going to aluminum driveshaft?

Last edited:

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Did you try a "drive shaft shop" driveshaft ?
Yes those are the ones I had to send back 3 times....not sure if they have a new design but this was last October/November 2010....sent 3 of them back all vibrated, wasnt very happy...so i dont think ill be trying them again....

twistedneck

Established Member
Yes those are the ones I had to send back 3 times....not sure if they have a new design but this was last October/November 2010....sent 3 of them back all vibrated, wasnt very happy...so i dont think ill be trying them again....

Damn that sucks! did they have the CV joint on the front? i just ordered a carbon fiber one for my 12' GT. Now you got me paranoid :(

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
I have the small vibration you mentioned with the stock d/s. The dealer tried to rebalance the wheels/ tires but it's still there. I would be scared to try any aftermarket driveshaft unless they let me test it for free first lol

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
See if Ford will send the ds out to get rebalanced an have all 4 tires done too. Try an clear up everything.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
I can live with the 3-5% small vibration....i dont want to have to but i can handle it....its preety much at the most id be willing to accept though....wheels are perfectly balanced...im just worried if going to a one piece will workout like my last experience did...im thinking a light weight 2 piece would prolly be the solution but guess that would mean keeping the hanger bearing and prolly not as strong as a 1 piece.....trying to do weight reduction mods and driveshaft is an easy weight reduction mod....im just wondering how many 11/12 Auto 5.0's out their have the same small vibration i do or if anyone with an auto and aluminum driveshaft can chime in if they have one that actually has worked out....

alex12gt

Established Member
I have the small vibration you mentioned with the stock d/s. The dealer tried to rebalance the wheels/ tires but it's still there. I would be scared to try any aftermarket driveshaft unless they let me test it for free first lol

after my suspension mods i now have one right at 2k

Users who are viewing this thread