Best cams for mach 1????

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
That is incorrect, traditionally FI cams have a wider lobe seperation angle, more exhaust duration when compared the the intake valve timing, less duration than n/a cams and roughly the same amount of lift.

The GT cams have more lift than the stock Mach cams and about 20 degrees more duration.
:beer:

I am not up to par on the GT cams, so you may very be correct. I was simply trying to get the point across that there are different cams for different setups. And just 'throwing' a setup together is not a good idea.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
...just 'throwing' a setup together is not a good idea.
I agree, most people buy cams based upon their duration or "stage" thinking that more/bigger is better or because they sound cool. However, they would have gotten the most power by choosing cams based upon what would work best for the entire combination.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I agree, most people buy cams based upon their duration or "stage" thinking that more/bigger is better or because they sound cool. However, they would have gotten the most power by choosing cams based upon what would work best for the entire combination.

THat is my point. :beer:

Too bad it took me 6 posts of alot of wording to only half ass get there. :lol:

BM1

Established Member
Cams are a waste of money. Install a nitrous kit for $600 and go faster.

yefferys50

Established Member

Cams are expensive but not a waste of money. Yeah a nitrous kit is cheaper and will show you more gains but cams are going to generally give you a more reliable, albeit a lot less of a, power increase. Plus the power gained from a cam swap will always be there, no worrying about a full bottle with enough pressure or having to open the bottle.

Do you think a cam swap on a small block pushrod Ford is a waste of money also?

BM1

Established Member
Cams are expensive but not a waste of money. Yeah a nitrous kit is cheaper and will show you more gains but cams are going to generally give you a more reliable, albeit a lot less of a, power increase. Plus the power gained from a cam swap will always be there, no worrying about a full bottle with enough pressure or having to open the bottle.

Do you think a cam swap on a small block pushrod Ford is a waste of money also?

Since you didn't read the first post and only read my reply, this thread is asking which cams are best for the 4.6L DOHC Mach 1 motor which doesn't even have pushrods.

yefferys50

Established Member
Since you didn't read the first post and only read my reply, this thread is asking which cams are best for the 4.6L DOHC Mach 1 motor which doesn't even have pushrods.

I did read the first post but good job on falsely assuming.

Try to pay attention to my post before you post a reply. I was asking you a different question totally unrelated to the original post. I asked you the question about the pushrod SBF because doing a cam swap on one can sometimes cost more then a nitrous kit, especially if someone pays a shop to do the swap. So since it might cost more on one of those motors to do a cam swap instead of a nitrous kit, are cam swaps a waste of money on those motors also?

Try to read my post better and answer the question.

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member

Try to pay attention to my post before you post a reply. I was asking you a different question totally unrelated to the original post. I asked you the question about the pushrod SBF because doing a cam swap on one can sometimes cost more then a nitrous kit, especially if someone pays a shop to do the swap. So since it might cost more on one of those motors to do a cam swap instead of a nitrous kit, are cam swaps a waste of money on those motors also?

Why are you even asking me about pushrod motors? Mach 1s don't have pushrods.

Nitrous kits are the best bang for the buck; a cam swap won't make 150 additional horsepower on a Mach 1 32V DOHC motor which is what the original poster is asking about.

yefferys50

Established Member
Why are you even asking me about pushrod motors? Mach 1s don't have pushrods.

Nitrous kits are the best bang for the buck; a cam swap won't make 150 additional horsepower on a Mach 1 32V DOHC motor which is what the original poster is asking about.

You just proved that you're not a very bright guy. Re-read my last post and then you'll see why I asked you that question.

The original poster never asked about best bang for your buck on our engines he asked for opinions on cams. If the guy wants to do a cam swap then post a constructive answer to his question. Don't be that idiot who always preaches about how great of a buy a nitrous kit is, we all know that it's cheap horsepower so shut up about it.

BM1

Established Member
You just proved that you're not a very bright guy. Re-read my last post and then you'll see why I asked you that question.

The original poster never asked about best bang for your buck on our engines he asked for opinions on cams. If the guy wants to do a cam swap then post a constructive answer to his question. Don't be that idiot who always preaches about how great of a buy a nitrous kit is, we all know that it's cheap horsepower so shut up about it.

You should buy a nitrous kit for your small block pushrod motor. That'll be the berries.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
:sleeping:

Dude! don't argue with the IT guy he knows what he is talking about. I mean if it's posted on the FORUMS it must be true! Read the comment below.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mach 1
You don't have to experience it when there's proof plastered all over the Internet forums.

He was dead serious!! :lol::lol::lol:

yefferys50

Established Member
Dude! don't argue with the IT guy he knows what he is talking about. I mean if it's posted on the FORUMS it must be true! Read the comment below.

Quote:
You don't have to experience it when there's proof plastered all over the Internet forums.

:lol: That's great. Thanks for the proof that this guy is a moron.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
WOW....you are ignorant on every aspect of cars aren't you.

No need to really go back and forth...as OM23 states. He wouldn't make a decent post if he copy and pasted it from a Ford Technician.

Quote:

:lol: That's great. Thanks for the proof that this guy is a moron.
Again....Very familiar.....I've seen that before. :lol::lol::lol:

BM1

Established Member
So we're not talking about cammed pushrod motors anymore? That was the topic of the original post and all.

Spartacus

Banned
You should buy a nitrous kit for your small block pushrod motor. That'll be the berries.

But watch out, thatll blow your engine! I know because i heard it from a guy, who heard it from a guy, who read it on the intraweb.
You would know though, after all youre the blown engine guru, right? :burn:
hahahahahahahahahaha, fucking tool.

This guys been owned on so many levels it isnt even worth it to own him anymore. What a fairy!

black mach 1 = :wf:

Users who are viewing this thread