Best centri blower? Opinions needed please!!

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
I tried looking through all the threads and didn't get the answer I was looking for. Here is the deal I bought a bone stock 11 gt 6spd and I'm ready for a blower. I want to go with either procharger, Paxton, or vortech. Goal is 6-650 for now on 93 pump gas. People that are running similar setups please chime in. Need some advice!! Thanks guys!!

Deerslayer

Established Member
Easy....If your goal is in the 600 range, get the Vortech. If you are looking to grow and go big, Paxton. We run the Vortech V3 and love it. Car runs perfectly. We make 636rwhp. In this HP range, the Vortech is a little more efficient vs. the Paxton.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What he said. Any of the 3 kits will make good power.

The best bang for the buck is the vortech / Paxton kits. The kits are identical except for the head unit. If your looking to be in the 600 range, and no delusions of 900rwhp numbers. The V3 is very efficient at those levels. You really can't go wrong with either kit though.

Centri superchargers is our speciality, and we are the #1 Vortech / Paxton WD Dealer in the world. We can def help you out.

Feel free to call or pm with any questions.

Beef
513-478-1965

Shaun@AED

Given the Stock pullied Centrifical setups I have had on my dyno, the P1SC + Boss IM and Long tube headers has made more power on my dyno than any other Centrifical setup. 750+ SAE running out of fuel (E85) and letting out (with the stock supplied blower pulley). The Maf resolution is FAR superior to the Vortech/Paxton setups as well. However, the PCV setup on the Prochargers is junk, puts oil into the blower which fills the intercooler and eventually blows oil film on the front of the car when the BOV opens.

The reason the P1SC makes more is the compressor is more efficient at low boost and the CFM these engines use at 650RWHP and under (on gasoline). The larger blowers are more efficient at higher boost / more CFM and are a better fit as power increases.

I'd recommend running the Vortech/Paxton PCV setup with the Procharger, along with a PCV valve that was designed for Boost (Ford EV-269).

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Easy....If your goal is in the 600 range, get the Vortech. If you are looking to grow and go big, Paxton. We run the Vortech V3 and love it. Car runs perfectly. We make 636rwhp. In this HP range, the Vortech is a little more efficient vs. the Paxton.

This is a little misleading. If you want 600, yes there is the Vortech V3. Above that there is always the Vortech JT and Vortech YSi. All depends on your goals

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
I would like a blower that could make 6-650rw and be able to turn it up when or if I decide to put a good bottom end in the car..

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I would like a blower that could make 6-650rw and be able to turn it up when or if I decide to put a good bottom end in the car..

Paxton would work for those goals. The Paxton is an all around good kit, can work for 600rwhp and turn it up to 800rwhp+.

Yea people have talked bad about the MAF resolution but that is on the tuner to get the drivability down to where it drives like stock. Best bang for your buck you really cant for wrong with the Paxton kit.

BV600

Established Member
Ive had two d1sc coyotes so Im for procharger. The P1 flows a tad more than the si and the 2200 flows a tad more than the d1. Just use a vent can type catch can and you will be fine with the pcv. I have pics of my setup in the for sale section and I Might part with it. Also has the quieter flexalite fan that flows more. 10psi boost stock converter leaving at 1500rpm 11.1@131 1.83 60'.

Last edited:

Deerslayer

Established Member
This is a little misleading. If you want 600, yes there is the Vortech V3. Above that there is always the Vortech JT and Vortech YSi. All depends on your goals

?? How is that misleading? We are at 636rwhp right now with the 3.60 pulley. I have a torque booster ready to put on that has the 3.33 pulley, we can easily be at 650rwhp and 500rwtq by doing this simple addition. If you want to go north of 800rwhp, you need to look at the Paxton or the other Vortech's. The OP said: "Goal is 6-650 for now on 93 pump gas." You can pulley a 6rib V3 and make 650. That is at the ragged edge for stock internals though.

Last edited:

13 GT/CS

Established Member
Just ordered the Vortech JT Competition Kit with the 8 Rib Upgrade. IF it ever comes in I'll let you know how it is and if I have any issues. It'll be three weeks Wednesday..

tvanlant

Established Member
I like my Procharger d1 setup. Dedicated 8 rib belt drive and blower location makes working on/around everything so much easier. I havent dynod since turning up the boost, but now on 10 psi with stock converter I ran 10.67 @ 136. Torque seems to be higher on the prochargers as well. Mine made 630rwhp @ 7k and 505 tq on 8 psi.

calgarybandit

Established Member
I have a Vortech JT trim with BV-57 BOV and I get comments all the time people say they have never heard a car sound like that before. I had an issue with my BOV bleeding off 6PSI boost @ 5000 RPM I put down 754RWHP and 656TQ

Last edited:

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
?? How is that misleading? We are at 636rwhp right now with the 3.60 pulley. I have a torque booster ready to put on that has the 3.33 pulley, we can easily be at 650rwhp and 500rwtq by doing this simple addition. If you want to go north of 800rwhp, you need to look at the Paxton or the other Vortech's. The OP said: "Goal is 6-650 for now on 93 pump gas." You can pulley a 6rib V3 and make 650. That is at the ragged edge for stock internals though.

Pull the panties out dude, just letting the op know there are other vortech options above the V3

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Another thing that may or may not be a factor to you is the warranty.
The self contained units get a one year warranty while the oil fed units get a three year warranty.
Of course that's only if you leave the stock pulley on which over three years would be pretty tough

sean04

Established Member
I like my Procharger d1 setup. Dedicated 8 rib belt drive and blower location makes working on/around everything so much easier. I havent dynod since turning up the boost, but now on 10 psi with stock converter I ran 10.67 @ 136. Torque seems to be higher on the prochargers as well. Mine made 630rwhp @ 7k and 505 tq on 8 psi.

Let's see some pics of these procharger setups

BV600

Established Member
2014070595181636_zpse5a6a215.jpg

20140705_181647_zps8f3ef886.jpg

BV600

Established Member
Its does I still have it but didn't like it up there when I had one on my 2012. Decided to go with the JPC on my 14. Changed up the loud ass cooling fan as well and stuck a larger air filter on there.

Users who are viewing this thread