Best centri blower? Opinions needed please!!

sean04

Established Member
The procharger is a sweet looking setup. I've seen pics where the outlet is rotated down like above and also where it is rotated towards the motor and has different piping. I know that the stage one and two have different inter coolers and cold side plumbing. But didn't know they had different hot side piping kits too

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
with the procharger, you def want to do the stage 2, the intercooler on the stage 1 is tiny, the stage 2 is about 850 hp rated, so its closer to the Paxton / vortech 900. you do have a race version as well that is very nice, but that gets really pricey

we've been 8.7's on the stock Paxton / vortech unit with the ysi, Iats were getting up there, with the jt, @ 9.03, iat's were only in the 140-150 range in the heat of the summer

BV600

Established Member
I can try to take some, Its Fnking loud with the D1SC and Big Red Bypass
I always mess up embedding. Heres a 11.1@131 1.83 60' stock converter owns me.

http://youtu.be/NXgwfIyWDQE

Last edited:

chadder1313

Established Member
Dude honestly you can't go wrong with any of the centris. My little V3 is a champ and I'm sure there's more left in it. If you want the best bang for your buck the Beefcake special is the way to go. Procharger kits are at least a $1k more anyway you spin it. Also V3s have been deep in the 9s so I wouldn't be quick to bash on them.

blksnke2

Established Member
I chose Procharger because of its dedicated belt drive, so if I shred the blower belt I can still drive the car home lol. I just run the small P1SC-1 head unit with the Stage 2 intercooler kit, 4.25" pulley (~8-9 psi) and make great power. At the end of July I'm going to the 1/4 mile to finally see what she will run. Only down side is that stinkin loud cooling fan, but I can live with it I guess since my O/R X pipe and Borla's drown the sound out.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Unless you set up something wrong on your kit, you have as much chance of losing a belt on a Paxton / vortech, as you do a stock car. That's the nice thing about these. 4 years, not one lost belt

RJ13GT

Established Member
I went with the stg 2 Procharger. I like it. Easy install. Iat temps stay nice and low. It makes plenty of power for me.

Voltwings

Established Member
Given the Stock pullied Centrifical setups I have had on my dyno, the P1SC + Boss IM and Long tube headers has made more power on my dyno than any other Centrifical setup. 750+ SAE running out of fuel (E85) and letting out (with the stock supplied blower pulley). The Maf resolution is FAR superior to the Vortech/Paxton setups as well. However, the PCV setup on the Prochargers is junk, puts oil into the blower which fills the intercooler and eventually blows oil film on the front of the car when the BOV opens.

The reason the P1SC makes more is the compressor is more efficient at low boost and the CFM these engines use at 650RWHP and under (on gasoline). The larger blowers are more efficient at higher boost / more CFM and are a better fit as power increases.

I'd recommend running the Vortech/Paxton PCV setup with the Procharger, along with a PCV valve that was designed for Boost (Ford EV-269).

I'd like to share my experience with this as well. Granted it was the 3.7 procharger kit, i had a friend who's car was just not performing like the 450 whp dyno would indicate. We brought his car over to my garage, and started tearing things apart, and eventually made our way to the ummm "check valve" Procharger supplied with the kit. I dont know if its the same piece as the 5.0 kits, but this thing had completely failed, i could blow almost right through it in both directions with just my mouth. He was running ~10 psi, so i imagine at least 5-7 of that was making its way into the crankcase with the failed check valve, causing some major issues. We ditched the valve, and routed both valve covers to the intake, blocked off the intake manifold, and it was a night and day difference how quick the car picked up in the midrange, and how well it pulled up top.

That being said, this is 100% opinion and speculation since i have no experience with the kits on the 5.0*
The only problem i have with the procharger kit is that the intake sits at the back of the engine bay on top of the headers... that cant be good for hot lapping...

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Looks like all of these kits will do what I'm wanting to do. 600+ and drive like stock on pump. I don't think ill ever want to turn the car up or go into the bottom end. I'm just wanting a fun low 10 second weekend car on pump and it looks like I have a few options! Thanks for the input guys I'll keep you posted how it turns out!!

Users who are viewing this thread