• Beretta

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 57 33.3%

• Total voters

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I am not a glock fan. They are great guns but I do not care for the angle of the grip.

If I am buying a polymer gun I go with the springfield XD. I have a few of them and besides the xds .45 (which is currently getting a recall performed and I may never see it again lol) They are awesome, dependable and accurate. My SO packs a Taurus .40 that has been a really good gun. The only downside is it is double action so the trigger pull has two stages and can take some getting used to.

When it comes to 1911's I really like the S&W 1911E and the Ruger sr1911. Cannot go wrong with either of them.

1hot281

Established Member
+1 for a good 1911

and as others have said: there is no "best"

"Best" is whatever you are comfortable and efficient at servicing/maintaining, is going to be reliable for you, and you enjoy shooting and are accurate with.

Hitting what you are aiming at and being able to put lots of rounds through a gun reliably, are more important than if your gun is the "best"

jbs$

Established Member
The best hand gun for you is the reliable one that you can afford to purchase, then buy ammo. for and become proficient in its use. If you can't afford to buy or shoot the weapon, then, simply, it is not the best gun for you. Period.

sdg97232

Established Member
I've owned many makes and calibers I loved my glock had a 23c and put more rounds then I can count through it without issue. I own a Beretta px4 storm in .40 and I gotta say the rotating barrel sure dose kill allot of recoil and helps stay on target shot after shot. Only complaint is the grip is kinda slick I'm going to do some custom stippling on the handle and see how it turns out. As said by many others there's no one gun what works well for me may not for you, I'd say go to your local range and rent the pistols you're looking at and put some rounds down range with them.

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I prefer a 1911. Feel and accuracy are at their peak for me when I use one.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
There's no such thing.

Personally, I don't like Glocks because they are unreliable, unsafe, and I don't like their ergonomics. Kimber has too many reliability issues for my liking. I like the Sigs I have used but a lot of their guns have first run issues. Ruger makes nice stuff but I don't like their ergonomics. I know too many people with Beretta issues even though I liked the ergonomics of the few I've used. S&W makes good stuff but there are a few models had first run problems. I daily carry two Colts and compete with one but they carry a heavy price tag and are heavy.

IMO the perfect affordable consumer handgun is a Colt or Springfield 1911 but it's far from perfect for a lot of people. It all depends on what you value in a handgun. Reliability, caliber, looks, capacity, ergonomics, size, weight....everyone values something different.

Well can't beat that responses I ain't no pro but sounds like ^^^^this guy is. Lol

Im1livewire

Established Member
Springfield 1911, without a doubt. Even had my ParaOrdnance 14.45 completely overhauled by their Custom Shop--HRT/TRP package in '99.

Best out of the box? Gotta go with Glocks. Loved their 10mm line.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
From what I've seen running USPSA the guys running Glocks
valid points except the lady shooting nearly shooting her foot off. It was not the lack of mechanical safety at fault, it was her.

I've never heard so many glock failures. Goes to show you no matter what always have a spare gun at your side. Anything mechanical fails. Guess ill stop riding glocks dong now:banana:

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I own most of the "big names", in fact all that you listed plus a Kimber and Springfield.

For the money, I love my Glocks.

I carry a Ruger LC9 everyday in the summer.

I carry a Glock 23 in the winter.

I love how my Kimber pro carry, the Ferrari of my guns.

BUT my newest gun,a Springfield operator is moving to the top very fast....

*EDIT*
I picked up a M&P shield chambered in 9mm today, seems nice, fits nice and it's a post recall M&P :D

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Sig Sauer is hands down the best IMHO , I do EDC a Glock 30S which shoots good and has a OK trigger but it is cheep and I don't care if I scratch it or drop it. My Sig's on the other hand I take very good care of and don't want to scratch or damage in any way.

bglf83

Established Member
I prefer a 1911. Feel and accuracy are at their peak for me when I use one.

I prefer a good 1911 for carry and the range. If I feel like something else I go Browning High Power.

If it must be plastic, I would go for an FNH FNX45.

Also, I recommend Colt Gov/CMDR size guns. I have good experiences with Smith and Wesson as well.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Springfield xdm it Is a great shooting gun and having two 19 Rd mags doesn't hurt

This^
XDM 9mm, highest capacity 9 on the market.Their 45 is also very nice.

Why no Desert Eagle 50A.E?
Lol jk 8 round mag at over 1$ a round definitely a status gun.

IA Shelby

Established Member
.....one that doesn't jam= glock.

I have had Sig's, Kimber, S&W, Beretta. While all were nice firearms and accurate they all could be very finicky due to the tight tolerances.

Just my experience. I would buy another Beretta though.

My Kimber was overpriced and overhyped..

Users who are viewing this thread