Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Beretta

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 57 33.3%

• Total voters

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I'm in Maryland so all were allowed now is squirt-guns so I roll with the supersoaker 1000 loaded with pepper spray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay sorry I had to crack the first Joke. But in all seriousness I roll with a Taurus P99. It's worked very good for me so far and no Complaints. And it's dirt cheap. Next will be a revolver and also have a friend who was the Major for Part of Baltimore city (retired) and Said A revolver has a never had a problem mis-firing. Good for home protection. Just be sure you hit him within the first 8 shots!

Blown 89

Established Member
There's no such thing.

Personally, I don't like Glocks because they are unreliable, unsafe, and I don't like their ergonomics. Kimber has too many reliability issues for my liking. I like the Sigs I have used but a lot of their guns have first run issues. Ruger makes nice stuff but I don't like their ergonomics. I know too many people with Beretta issues even though I liked the ergonomics of the few I've used. S&W makes good stuff but there are a few models had first run problems. I daily carry two Colts and compete with one but they carry a heavy price tag and are heavy.

IMO the perfect affordable consumer handgun is a Colt or Springfield 1911 but it's far from perfect for a lot of people. It all depends on what you value in a handgun. Reliability, caliber, looks, capacity, ergonomics, size, weight....everyone values something different.

Blown 89

Established Member
Or Kel-tec?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?1
This thread was about the best handguns....not the best handguns after 4 trips to a gunsmith and one trip to the doctor to remove the price gouging anal lube. Kel-tec can EAD after their post Sandy Hook stunt.

Last edited:

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I have a Springfield .40 compact and really like it a lot! I am probably gonna get a S&W 1911 for my next handgun though. Like others have mentioned the most important part is the feel.. any of the top manuf. are gonna have a decent product.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
This thread was about the best handguns....not the best handguns after 4 trips to a gunsmith and one trip to the doctor to remove the price gouging anal lube. Kel-tec can EAD after their post Sandy Hook stunt.

Yeah, that was the point, I was making a joke. Hence the exaggerated use of punctuation.

musclefan21

Established Member
best overall handgun is handsdown a glock when it comes to reliability and durability. they also shoot very well. However, there are many other great options out there. I have S&W MP and glocks.. I like both but I personally love Springfield XDs. I shoot a lot better with it and it has by far the best trigger i have ever felt. Whichever one feels good in your hand, get that.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
I learned quick that if you are serious about conceal carry, that a double stack is a no-no. just to wide and makes you not want to carry it. single stack ftw.

Machdup1

Established Member
this is a personal choice. The best way to find out is to go shoot a bunch of different brands and calibers and see what you like best.

Personally i am a glock fan. I've had a compact and sub compact .40 and loved them both. They are inexpensive, affordable and reliable.

/thread

Blown 89

Established Member
I disagree.

If you come across a gun that is unsafe as in it shoots without pulling the trigger, then you should not posses one imo. Your brain is the best safety.
From what I've seen running USPSA the guys running Glocks have far more problems than any other manufacturer out there. A new shooter was running his out of the box Glock a few weeks ago and had more FTF's than I can count and even the guys sponsored by Glock were mumbling, "Glock, lol". The same day another Glock owner dropped the slider (finger off) and a round went off. The R.O. disqualified his equiptment and sent him home. Stuff like that is too common for my liking.

As far as safety...I said that for a few reasons. Glock KB's are far too common and I don't like the way they're designed to handle the extra pressure internally. The other reason is the lack of safety mechanisms. I carry in condition 1 as I feel pulling the gun out, racking the slide, and getting on target is a pipe dream. The triggler dingus is the worst designed safety ever fitted to a gun IMO. The best example I can give you is my friend's wife (shoots USPSA B class) who nearly shot her foot re-holstering her handgun. She made ready, loaded it, and her trigger (finger off) snagged a piece of clothing and now a ruined shoe (barely missed her foot). Putting the safety on the trigger is like putting the brake pedal on the gas pedal IMO.

That's not to say I'm right or wrong, they're just not for me and I listed the reason why.

Last edited:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Glocks are great guns with a silly safety that hasn't ever made sense.

That said, they point like total shit for me and I'll never own one.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I'm in Maryland so all were allowed now is squirt-guns so I roll with the supersoaker 1000 loaded with pepper spray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay sorry I had to crack the first Joke. But in all seriousness I roll with a Taurus P99. It's worked very good for me so far and no Complaints. And it's dirt cheap. Next will be a revolver and also have a friend who was the Major for Part of Baltimore city (retired) and Said A revolver has a never had a problem mis-firing. Good for home protection. Just be sure you hit him within the first 8 shots!

In my experience. Taurus is junk. Bang, bang. JAM!!

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Kimber, once broken in.

Love mine. It had work done before I got it tho.

I just recently purchased a new handgun as a matter of fact. I got myself a S&W M&P .45 and I'll be honest with you, I like it far more than I like my 1911's. Hands down the best pistol I have owned.

I have an M&P .40 and like it a lot. It was my first gun; I went and rented every 9mm the shop had (Sig, Springfield, Glock, and one other I can't remember) and I liked the S&W the best - for me.

Users who are viewing this thread