Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Beretta

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 57 33.3%

• Total voters

sdg97232

Established Member
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the FN five-seven.......I know the ammo is expensive but that thing is a tac driver! My next hand gun will be the ruger super Redhawk Alaskan in 454 its just rediculous!

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Like everyone has said, there is no single "best" gun. I've always admired Glock's reliability and durability, but they just don't feel right in my hand. My favorite polymer gun I've had was a Beretta PX4 .40 S&W. It just fit my hand perfect and I could shoot it very accurate. The wife was accurate as hell with it too. I also credit the rotating barrell for alot of the accuracy after another shot. Very repeatable and very easy to stay on target.

I'm not a fan of the Taurus polymer pistols that I've had my hands on. The slide release and other hardware just always seemed finicky to me. However, the Taurus Judge was my favorite revolver I've had. The .410 shells were fun for showing off, and good for hitting something within 10 yards; but it was very accurate with .45 Colts. Loved keeping it in the nightstand loaded with Federal 000 .410 and/or Winchester PDX1 .410 shells.

Machdup1

Established Member
A good handgun is only partially defined by brand, it is more defined by testing and function.

Any handgun that you can put the first 1000 rounds through without a problem in any weather or environmental condition, fits good in your hand, presents sights on target when drawn from a holster, which you can shoot accurately and that is leathal is a good handgun.

All other handguns should be sold to someone who doesn't know what a good hand gun is. Just saying.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Did you see the last release?

They said they don't have a fix yet so it may be up to 6 months.

Holy...glad I was lazy and held off on sending mine in! That's a bit crazy..especially if you're a 1-pistol owner..

VictorySong

Established Member
The HK45C is probably the "best" production pistol in the world right now based on the criteria people in the thread are using. I.E. reliability, availability, CCW.

If we truly wanted the best, none of the brands mentioned would suffice. You would have to shop at Korth, Korriphila, Vicker's Tactical (& other American Pistolsmith's Guild builders). The original Sig brand, not the abortion Sig-Sauer has become, would probably be up there if you consider the original P210.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Holy...glad I was lazy and held off on sending mine in! That's a bit crazy..especially if you're a 1-pistol owner..

I have a couple of other choices in my collection so as long as it is fixed right I will be happy.

What's the issue with the XD's? I was looking at one for a good price.

They are great guns if they work properly. I would go out and buy a S&W shield if they made them in .45acp

Firing when loading a cartridge and double firing when pulling the trigger once.

I read an article about a guy who had his go full auto on him. That is what got the investigation started. No one got hurt but it did destroy his range bag.... and a pair of pants.

Takis31gk

Established Member
It all depends on the person & the purpose. Whenever asked, I usually try to find out what they want it for. The best suggestions are Glock, SIG Sauer, H&K. As for a utilitarian, all-purpose handgun, I'd say the Glock 19 or SIG P228/229. You can carry it if need be, and you can also use it strictly as a target/range gun. The H&K USP compact & P30's are also great versatile options.

Users who are viewing this thread