Best lower control arm and why?

Black Sex

Established Member
I run the Bob's. Awsome product at a great price.
photobucket-3304-1346964347281.jpg

photobucket-3175-1346964386169.jpg

Last edited:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Just because there are holes doesn't mean it's weaker! It is engineered similar to a truss, and is very strong. And the urethane bushings would go out way before a metal failure would ever happen. Just because something is solid doesn't make it stronger.

There are lots of benefits to lighter products, and IMO better looking.

Kevin P

Established Member
I run factory lower control arms on my 2010. The UPPER control arm is a Roush unit (from Tob's advice) and it COMPLETELY fixed any wheel hop issues. There is no noticeable increase in NVH either.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Do you get much traction benefit from just running a better LCA (aside from lessened wheel hop), or does that mainly come in when you run the relocation brackets and a more agressive LCA angle?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Ide like to say you should give our Lower Control arms a shot. It's a billet arm that uses a pre-greased energy suspension poly bushing (lifetime warranty). Lightest on the market as well. We have installed them on all application shelbys as well and have seen only but the best for luck with them. Our Lower Control Arms replace the stamped steel OE Arms, and easy to install using basic hand tools. Our Billet Arms reduce un-sprung weight and eliminate wheel hop. Track-tested three-piece urethane bushings included. We have the Lightest Billet Arm on the market.

We also offer forum discounts.

2005-2013 Mustang BBR-Billet Lower Control Arms

Wharf Rat

Established Member
I run factory lower control arms on my 2010. The UPPER control arm is a Roush unit (from Tob's advice) and it COMPLETELY fixed any wheel hop issues. There is no noticeable increase in NVH either.

This. Both my 07 and 11 GTs hopped like crazy till I did the Roush UCA then it was completely gone and I ran the stock LCAs on both of those cars.

89Saleen215

Established Member
I've been watching this for a while. The one that piqued my interest was Kenny Brown for this statement:

A Kenny Brown Exclusive - Offset Spacers straighten control arms bringing them paralell to car center line, correcting rear roll axis

I think there's a good point made here. He also makes them with the poly on one end and the rod end at the other. While I like MM stuff and Bob's work is beautiful...I question the fact that neither fix the "angling" of the arm. If you notice the arm is not straight from mount to mount (to the center line of the vehicle)...this is what KB is correcting with his offering.

...and while we're on the subject control arms...I'm also wondering why MM or someone hasn't released a revised front lca to compete with KB's. Again, he adjusts for the lower ride height that most all of us have. Again from his site:

- Center Migration, Caster, Camber Gain and Anti-Dive – all in one complete, easy-to-install package
- Kenny Brown has engineered in all of his superb AGS geometry into the Control Arm Module so there is no need to add a K-member (except for weight reduction).

Those are some pretty interesting claims. If I ever end up with the front lca squeak then I would be seriously considering these or maybe Whiteline's revised lca bushing setup, but then again, Whiteline isn't fixing the geometry of the lowered ride height.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I can't speak for the Bobs arms in this regard but the MM arms are indeed offset.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I think BMR makes the LCA's for Shelby. They are also offset for proper alignment.

0052.jpg

Sorry for the blurred picture...

R

Last edited:

Zims-mustang

Established Member
This. Both my 07 and 11 GTs hopped like crazy till I did the Roush UCA then it was completely gone and I ran the stock LCAs on both of those cars.

How hard is it to replace the uca? And it completely removes the wheel hop? Think this will be my next mod.

Wharf Rat

Established Member
How hard is it to replace the uca? And it completely removes the wheel hop? Think this will be my next mod.

Not bad really. Takes about an hour or so on jackstands. The only hard part is the bolt under the back seat is torqed to about 1,000 ft/lbs. You need a breaker bar and about a 4 ft pipe to get it loose.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Not bad really. Takes about an hour or so on jackstands. The only hard part is the bolt under the back seat is torqed to about 1,000 ft/lbs. You need a breaker bar and about a 4 ft pipe to get it loose.

.........I had to lower my fuel tank also....

That required a unique torx bit for the strap bolt(s).

R

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

I can't believe its been three years since I added the Roush upper arm. Man, time flies. Click on the "MM Extreme Duty LCA's and Roush upper arm/bracket" writeup on my sig...

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The Kenny Brown pieces are nice and I have the matrix system but at $750, he's catering to a pretty exclusive market for the front control arms. I know I won't pay that much even though I understand it's a good part.

What are the torque ratings for the KB rear lower control arms?

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Steeda.

Steeda is one of the best manufactures of RR, and handling components for Mustangs out there. Steeda seems to be more known for people using their individual components than Griggs where Griggs seems to be more known for having a bad ass complete package in the GR40. Steeda is a Ford oriented company and not some butt f'in Fbody company that wants to jump on the Mustang bandwagon when Catfish and Fireturds go away back in the day. MM has dicked around in the S197 market so the hell with them also. All these people who knock Steeda products are just BS'ing haters with a bias for another product and that's one reason I'm so bias toward and defensive of Steeda because in actuality Steeda makes great products for the Mustang community, and I've never once been disappointed with any Steeda parted I've used.

If I owned a S197 Mustang then I would go with some Steeda LCA's BTW. I plan to run a Steeda rear suspension setup on my TermiFox one of these days. If I was planning to improve the front suspension geometry then I would go the torque arm 3link route, but the 5link is designed to work with the OEM front geometry, and I want to be able to run the widest front tires I can fit with a heavy Terminator motor and T56 up front.
Steeda 2005-13 Mustang Billet Rear Lower Control Arms - Made in the USA 555-4405 555-4406

Last edited:

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
Wow JRoc did I miss where anyone trashed Steeda?

Very interesting debate.
1. Poly bushings on body side and rod ends on axle side For stiffness where needed and less noise where needed
2. Offset correction To maximize traction (some have this some dont)

ponyboy96

Established Member
Spohn tubular adjustables in chromemoly. Very light and strong. That's what I run on my car. I sell a lot of BMR and Metco units for the Mustangs though.

Users who are viewing this thread