Best Mail Order Tune, 11-14GT & 12-13 Boss

Which mail order tune and why?

• Total voters

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I've decided to start a thread for some of the people on the fence about getting a tune and hopefully people can provide Pros and Cons on the mail order tunes they have gotten. Soo yeah who did you choose and why?? Please stay on topic if issues or arguments arise please move to PM's also this isn't here to bash ANY of these Tuners as they all have a good product :beer:

Last edited:

hitmix300

Established Member
I chose Lund. Highly recommended by some friends and online folks. The communication and service are spot on. Very quick to send another file if I change mods. They got my coyote screaming.

Rct851

Established Member
I didn't choose bama but it's what I run because it come with the tuner. I figured it was safe enough with OR/x bein the single only mod.

After 2 weeks I'm honestly really happy. Cars is stronger by seat of the pants and I feel the power is smoother.

I don't have anything to compare to besides stock but I'm happy for now.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I perdict AED will get the majority of the votes....Shaun is probably the best remote tuner for the coyote platform when it comes to N/A, paxton, and roush blowers.

Last edited:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I will say I've had a two mail order tunes now and AED was my personal favorite.

Pros
~ Requires data logging prior to sending a base tune (possibly preventing a costly mistake if your car or fuel isn't up to the standards needed)
~ Sends a base tune and then gets you to data log your vehicle again to fine tune your car and sends back you final revised tune.
~ Shaun is super friendly and informative about everything and anything to do with our babies and will respond quickly to messages ( I must have 30-40 emails from this man LOL!)
~ Remote tuning available
~ Revised tune for bolt on's if I'm not mistaken?
~ Many will argue that Shaun @ AED has been a pioneer in tuning for the Coyotes and Roadrunners and has some of the best experience in this realm.
~ Smoothness, idle & seat of the pants all feel amazing compared to the track key on my Boss and I will be using Shaun for all future tuning requirements be it a FI or NA build.

Cons
~ Not in Louisiana, Do you do dyno road tours Shaun!?

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
looks ike aed makes a lot of power, but is it safe?

I think so, I'm running his tune and ill be honest his criteria for tuning your car far exceeds most others. Off topic kinda I've had another mail order tune which I thought was safe and it was not, but that was when tuners were first ironing out the bugs and that was on my 2012 GT.

SL0W5.0

Established Member
I will say I've had a two mail order tunes now and AED was my personal favorite.

Pros
~ Requires data logging prior to sending a base tune (possibly preventing a costly mistake if your car or fuel isn't up to the standards needed)
~ Sends a base tune and then gets you to data log your vehicle again to fine tune your car and sends back you final revised tune.
~ Shaun is super friendly and informative about everything and anything to do with our babies and will respond quickly to messages ( I must have 30-40 emails from this man LOL!)
~ Remote tuning available
~ Revised tune for bolt on's if I'm not mistaken?
~ Many will argue that Shaun @ AED has been a pioneer in tuning for the Coyotes and Roadrunners and has some of the best experience in this realm.
~ Smoothness, idle & seat of the pants all feel amazing compared to the track key on my Boss and I will be using Shaun for all future tuning requirements be it a FI or NA build.

Cons
~ Not in Louisiana, Do you do dyno road tours Shaun!?
damn, looks like when i get some more mods im gonna have to try out AED

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
My vote is AED, Shaun is local for me so I've had dyno time and also email revisions. No complaints here and he is the only one I would trust tuning my car.

Dakota0990

Bottle Baby 5.0
Established Member
I swore by Lund on all if my older mustangs, until I got my 2012. My 2012 has an 3 AED tunes from Shaun. A revised Ghost cam tune, an aggressive 93 octane tune, and a 93 and nitrous tune. He does top notch work and my car screams with the bolt on 93 tune. The previous driver on the 93 nitrous tune and 265/60 M/T slicks went 11.0's all day long on a baby 75 shot . It's tuned for a 150 shot now and I'm waiting for the weather to clear up here (SETX) to try and break into the 10's.

125oh

Established Member
I also voted aed he took the time to explain how to read the logs . Also car simply runs better than other mail order and dyno tune I've had . I'm confident my logs from his tunes are safe lambda is right on , no knock , and short terms look good all with getting a good amount of timing out of the car

He also got right back with me through every email I sent , even called me once to make sure I understood a lil problem I had with jetting .

RFM50

Established Member
I voted JPC. I am just finishing up the revision process with them and the car feels amazing. I have had another email tuner on here and that ended in disaster. After rebuilding the motor I tried a very highly recommended dyno tunner out of L.A. and the power was great but drivability was horrible even after a good 30 revisions. Now I am onto JPC and could not be happier. I highley reccomend them.

The only con would be that the email process takes a lot longer than a dyno tune. But it's been well worth the wait.

Last edited:

kingcobra323

Established Member
Ive had bbr tunes that have been good. Good customer service. But am currently running a Swanson performance tune. Torrance ca
And love it

Posted via Topify on Android

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Aed here. Shaun has awesome customer service and his tunes are safe. I'm pretty picky and not once did Shaun act unprofessional even when I was nit picking my tunes. I had a Lund tube before and it fouled my plugs and Lund wouldn't even look at a log to verify it was the tune or my car. For the price Aed is the winner too.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Aed here. Shaun has awesome customer service and his tunes are safe. I'm pretty picky and not once did Shaun act unprofessional even when I was nit picking my tunes. I had a Lund tube before and it fouled my plugs and Lund wouldn't even look at a log to verify it was the tune or my car. For the price Aed is the winner too.

still the reason I won't let Lund tune my car. If you don't pay for remote dyno tuning he doesn't care how badly the tune runs/issues that arise, he won't look at logs.

AED FTW

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
still the reason I won't let Lund tune my car. If you don't pay for remote dyno tuning he doesn't care how badly the tune runs/issues that arise, he won't look at logs.

AED FTW

Exactly. He acted like a dick. I didn't talk to him directly everything was thru lethal performance but what they relayed to me was "it's your car, tunes are all spot on, pay for remote tuning,$600" sorry I'm not gonna pay $600 for remote tuning on what at the time was a cai/exhaust car.

Op call all the tuners and I bet you will end up with Aed. If you are close to a tuner Shaun knows he might even point you in their direction. It's not about money to him it's about tuning a car good and making sure the customer is taken care if

I'm not a nut swinger I'm just happy with the way my car is tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread