Best Street Clutch

got4valve

Established Member
hey guys, its time for a new clutch .... the guy doing my work is trying to pressure me into a high dollar mcleod or a DFX ... which i dont think i really need .....i go to the track once a year if im lucky , other than that i just like to cruise , get on it eventually but never really beat on it

so what would you all suggest for a new clutch ?

sc98cbra

Established Member
Spec Clutch... Stage 2+, 3 or 3+... nothing more, nothing less.

It is the best from what I hear. I just put one on my car last week. But, My car is no working properly.. Lol.

They say that it will chatter for about 1000 miles, but after that it will go away.

Speak with American Muscle to recieve a nice discount. I got the Spec stage 3 clutch kit for $319 overnight shipped to my house after the forum discount.

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
got a dfx in mine. Daily driven. Nice clutch, great pedal feel.

pony23

Established Member
I love my McLeod RXT. Butter soft pedal feel and it holds up to 1000hp. :)

Wayne64SS

Established Member
Spec Clutch... Stage 2+, 3 or 3+... nothing more, nothing less.

It is the best from what I hear. I just put one on my car last week. But, My car is no working properly.. Lol.

They say that it will chatter for about 1000 miles, but after that it will go away.

Speak with American Muscle to recieve a nice discount. I got the Spec stage 3 clutch kit for $319 overnight shipped to my house after the forum discount.

3 or 3+??? Lethal whacked me for ****ing $504 after forum discount with the light pedal option. FML.

xenodragon

Established Member
Centerforce is what I will be going with as well. Spec 3+ isnt the be all end all of clutches, in fact I hear its a very noisey clutch.

monX

Established Member
I have Spec 3+ and pedal IS NOT softer than stock... much heavier.

I will consider DF in future.

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
Spec 2+, Im at 550rwtq had clutch in for about 20k miles+, Seen the track a bit, Still holdin strong and smooth light pedal, I will replace with Spec 2+ again.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I had a DF for a couple of years and it took a ton of abuse, with very light pedal feel. I'm running the LM clutch now, it's a little more grabby but has even lighter pedal feel and no chatter.

03yellow

Established Member
Dont go dfx...poor pucks and grabby. Go RAM up to 500rwhp.... then go twin disk and stop worring.

Ive had 5 clutches so far.... number 3 choice would spec 3 slightly grabby!

hey guys, its time for a new clutch .... the guy doing my work is trying to pressure me into a high dollar mcleod or a DFX ... which i dont think i really need .....i go to the track once a year if im lucky , other than that i just like to cruise , get on it eventually but never really beat on it

so what would you all suggest for a new clutch ?

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
My recently acquired 03 has a Spec 3. It has nice pedal feel and is lighter than the stock clutch that was in my 99 Cobra.

It was put in by the previous owner and I think it had 500 miles on it. It is still chattering some, unless I give it a bit more gas.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Also do some research on the Fidanza 4.3. I haven't installed mine yet but read mostly positive reviews of it on numerous forums. It's supposed to be good for up to 800 ft lbs.

[ame="http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1553393"]Fidanza 4.3 + Al Flywheel Impressions - Page 2 - ModularFords.com[/ame]

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I have a DFX in my '03, with no complaints. It IS a little grabby, as stated. But, I'm used to it. The pedal effort is half of what the stock clutch was too. It's great.

Fat-cat

Established Member
I have Spec 3+ and pedal IS NOT softer than stock... much heavier.

I will consider DF in future.

LOl your on crack. My spec 3 is like pushing 10 lbs vs 40 or 50 with my buddy stock clutch.

Centerforce is what I will be going with as well. Spec 3+ isnt the be all end all of clutches, in fact I hear its a very noisey clutch.

its not the spec's that are loud its the T56

I like my spec 3+ allot holds great, i would not say its butter smooth but engagement is nice. Good pedal feel as well always know where you are when letting it in and out.

Users who are viewing this thread