Best Tuner for TVS?

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
I have many personal friends that are running VMP tunes with no issues on setups from mild to wild.
I recommend him for tuning a TVS supercharged Ford. But as the others have said at the end of the day it's your call.

50blackout

Established Member
Lots of things can go wrong for lots of reasons, but i like how it's always the tuners fault. Hard parts fail all the time, owners neglect their cars, people drive their cars into the ground and never datalog but its still somehow always the tuner. Granted it may be the tuners fault sometimes, but you never hear about the 100 tunes that go right, just the one that goes wrong.

Higher volume of cars tuned = higher potential for failures. It is what it is. Just call around and go with whoever gives you the best impression. These "who is the best tuner" threads always end up as a pissing contest.

You are so right!!! People always jump on the tunner. Honestly I was thinking about this and realized if you're going to supercharge your coyote, one should really have a back up plan (or car). They made "aluminator" motors and forged blocks for a reason just like this. Granted 7-8k is a lot of money, so save up for a year or two and then you can sleep easy. Or just save the money and trade in your coyote for a shelby and then you have a supercharger "friendly" platform. If this is still out of your reach, then maybe supercharging honestly isnt for you. Stock non-tuned engines can blow for a million reasons also.

Also, you can get a warranty on your supercharger, BUT you have to run the manufacturers tune, which I hear is weak. (And hey ,if you save your money and your supercharged engine doesnt blow and lasts, then you just end with a nice fat bank account!!! I wish I had this "problem" :) )

drh_5.0

Established Member
Lots of good tuners to tune it. We'd be happy to help you with a lund remote tune if your in need.

Beef
513-478-1965

Beef I have been seriously considering your "Beefcake Special Roush Kit"...I was hoping to give you guys a call soon and talk about my driving style / build plans. What time are you open to contact til?

hand-filer

Established Member
JDM tune here and prior to that VMP. My car pulls hard from idle to redline. The throttle response off idle is excellent which makes for smooth clutch engagement at low rpm's. You can't go wrong with any of the aforementioned tuners.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Beef I have been seriously considering your "Beefcake Special Roush Kit"...I was hoping to give you guys a call soon and talk about my driving style / build plans. What time are you open to contact til?

Beef's hours are pretty much Monday-Sunday from 12:00am-11:59pm.... lol. Prob one of the easiest guys to get a hold of.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
My VMP dyno tuned tvs cobra leaned out and blew up first pass at the track after being carefully dyno tuned by Justin.

My good friend bought Justin's wife's old v6 car after I took him for a ride in it after his car got totaled it blew up a few weeks later after being de tuned for daily driving/street use.

Another former employee bought a tvs, had a blown motor not long after but he either won't or isn't allowed to talk about it...

Choose Vmp if your looking for an excuse to purchase a built motor. Your gonna need it sooner than you think.

QikSnake,
I was definitely sad to hear about the problems with your motor.
It has been a year so probably time to let it go.

As you and many other know Justin has been tuning my car since 2005. This is with many configurations and set ups.
Currently I make 733/683 to the tires on a stock motor.. My car is daily driven and runs deep in the 9s.
All with Justin's tunes. At events and show people reserve well in advance to get Justin to tune their cars.
There are many many happy customers out there who will continue to seek out Justin's experience because he has proven himself to be a valuable asset in the Ford and Mustang community world wide.

I hope you get your car back on the road and all is well.
My best to you and your family.
Rick

REDS197

Established Member
Had great success with my VMP 91 tune. Can't wait to try out the gen2 and e85 on my 2015.

QikSnake

Established Member
Senkak, I appreciate your well wishes... As far as it's been a year I should let it go, it's been almost 18 months to be exact. 18 months of double OT and I've finally got the money together to get the car back on the road. So I've been living this disaster every day since. I've never shared my story with any prior.. Been too busy working. I meant no disrespect as well, the op asked for opinions I thought it was time to finally share mine. So let's not act like I've been slandering justin all over gods creation for a year and need to get over myself. I shared my experience and that of 2 of the 3 people i know personally that have suffered catastrophic engine failure largely due to air and fuel ratios or mishandling on the dyno and In very short spans of time post tune. That's what forums are for. I'm not butt hurt just sharing some reality.

drh_5.0

Established Member
Senkak, I appreciate your well wishes... As far as it's been a year I should let it go, it's been almost 18 months to be exact. 18 months of double OT and I've finally got the money together to get the car back on the road. So I've been living this disaster every day since. I've never shared my story with any prior.. Been too busy working. I meant no disrespect as well, the op asked for opinions I thought it was time to finally share mine. So let's not act like I've been slandering justin all over gods creation for a year and need to get over myself. I shared my experience and that of 2 of the 3 people i know personally that have suffered catastrophic engine failure largely due to air and fuel ratios or mishandling on the dyno and In very short spans of time post tune. That's what forums are for. I'm not butt hurt just sharing some reality.

It was good input in my opinion. Everyone has either a good experience or bad. Unfortunately you had a bad one and I hope you get your ride back to shredding some tires soon!!! Even before posting this I was leaning toward Lund but I wanted to know if anyone else specialized in just TVS blowers. Heard good things and bad about ALL tuners, guess it's the luck of the draw. I hope whoever I go with in the end gets me a safe a/f ratio and timing tune!

cb900f

Established Member
Why do you say "best"? I think that needs more info? Fastest? Safest? Smoothest?

Everyone has their opinion on what they "need". What is yours?

Mine was fastest. TSS has the fastest cars out there. My time slips agree.

drh_5.0

Established Member
Why do you say "best"? I think that needs more info? Fastest? Safest? Smoothest?

Everyone has their opinion on what they "need". What is yours?

Mine was fastest. TSS has the fastest cars out there. My time slips agree.

Well I mean overall of those 3....yeah I know it's hard to get 3 all to be perfect but I'm sure 1 tuner has been pretty close with all 3

My top 4 for any tuning needs AED, Lund, VMP, and Brenspeed.

Would you say in that order?

cb900f

Established Member
Well I mean overall of those 3....yeah I know it's hard to get 3 all to be perfect but I'm sure 1 tuner has been pretty close with all 3

Would you say in that order?
From what I've seen no other car drives like an AED. Smooth, safe, fast and cares about his customers vehicles.

Great blend of all 3 IMO.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Just go AED, and be done with it...The tune is rock solid, reliable ,hauls ass, and rapes face!

true story! i went 10.7@133 this weekend on my new big and little setup. some more seat time on the ET radial pros and i should be easy mid to low tens in good air with a M6.

pickles

Established Member
true story! i went 10.7@133 this weekend on my new big and little setup. some more seat time on the ET radial pros and i should be easy mid to low tens in good air with a M6.

Impressive.

What gear ratio and pulley size? I know 3.31's would benefit me (currently 3.73), but I may drop down to an 82mm next year as well.

Users who are viewing this thread