Beware 2014 Shelby 1zvbp8jz3e5231174

02_Lightning

Established Member
Beware of this car on Craigslist Chicago. It is a loaded black glass roof car with 2600 miles. Seller wants $52,500 but it was wrecked hard in front. Seller will not disclose this. You can PM me for pics. The car has a clean title, but the front was really mangled. The seller was very shady - stay away from this guy:
Ryan Bruce
Bruceski's Marine

Nukem1040

Established Member
Good looking out for us SVTPers. Isn't it illegal to not disclose this or hide this? You should post something to his ad on that CL page so others see it right away as well. Hate these kind of people.

Dave01GT

Established Member
How do you know it was hit hard? Did you see it in person? He told me it went through a ditch but wasn't sure what was all fixed. I made a post about this car already saying it was in an accident. It's still a good deal if its as clean as he says it is and someone doesn't care about some paint work.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Both fenders, the nose, and hood were replaced. I have a picture of the work in process showing the car in pieces (can't post since this site doesn't let me post from a file). Based on that, it had to hit hard since the whole front was redone. He wouldn't come clean that it was hit, then would not explain the extent of damage. He kept badgering me about buying it but would never let me know what the damage was.... Very shady douchebag. He wants big money for a car that is such a question mark. He would not budge off his price... Never figured out if it was his car or was actually an old guy's that was storing it there. Just a completely shady situation and his lack of owning the situation confirms that this car should be passed up.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Yes, it shows on the carfax as an accident in September. The Autocheck he claims in the ad shows no accident. He is peddling it as an accident-free car... Not right. This car and seller are a joke. There will be an unsuspecting buyer that will make a huge mistake... I almost bought this car and VERY glad I passed.

jbs$

Established Member
02, if the vehicle is still in factory alignment and there is no damage to the engine or other running gear, then what is the problem if the price is right?

02_Lightning

Established Member
You can see the driver front tire is wearing funny on the inside... That is where the car took the brunt of the hit. None of us would ever know if the engine/transmission sustained damage.
The price on this car is not right... $52.5k for a wreck when you can get a clean history car for $2k more. This wreck is worth $43-$45k and no more. The seller was not interested in any type of negotiation.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You can see the driver front tire is wearing funny on the inside... That is where the car took the brunt of the hit. None of us would ever know if the engine/transmission sustained damage.
The price on this car is not right... $52.5k for a wreck when you can get a clean history car for $2k more. This wreck is worth $43-$45k and no more. The seller was not interested in any type of negotiation.

While the seller is a douche. IF the car was repaired properly, it still probably worth $48k or so.

That being said, we'll never know, as who wants to buy a car from an ass?

Users who are viewing this thread