Beware 2014 Shelby 1zvbp8jz3e5231174

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Salvage only comes into play if the car was deemed unrepairable, or it's cost to fix was more than the value of the car.

This is not always true. From the looks damage doesnt look that bad. work on the door is probably just from the fender damaging the door. Still has the factory bumper support which is welded to the front frame rails.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If I had the car, I wouldn't volunteer it was wrecked unless there is obvious repercussions of it, i.e. the car ain't right. If asked though, I would be honest about it.

In todays world, if you sold a wrecked GT500 and the buyer found out afterword, expect to get sued.

That you would have no qualms selling a wrecked car undisclosed is flat out wrong. The buyer shouldn't have to ask.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
In todays world, if you sold a wrecked GT500 and the buyer found out afterword, expect to get sued.

That you would have no qualms selling a wrecked car undisclosed is flat out wrong. The buyer shouldn't have to ask.

I call B.S. You can sue away -- it doesn't happen that often in the real world, in comparison to cars trading hands everyday. Reason is, you'll spend way more money on attorneys than you stand to recoup . . . as you only stand to recoup any descreased value THAT YOU CAN PROVE and not the total cost of the car.

Problem is not huge wrecks, but the grey ones whose seriousness is strictly opinion. How do you define "wrecked?" What if I grazed the curb with the front deflector and chose to replace the whole bumper -- do I have to devulge that? What if someone keyed the door, do I devulge that? What if the headlight was broken and the hood corner got bent, making hood replacement appropriate -- do I devulge that?

If so, might as well talk mechanical too -- do I devulge if the tranny was replaced under warranty? How about the supercharger?

I'm not implying it is okay to rip anyone off, and I wouldn't try to deceive anyone. But, to simply say you must devulge a wrecked GT500 or get sued is simply naive.

Last edited:

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
It should be noted that if you advertised it as unwrecked when it wasn't, that would start to tread in the "fraud" category. But, I'm not talking about obvious false advertisements.

ArabianOak

Established Member
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!

I came SOOOOOO close to buying this car sight unseen from my local ford dealer. One of my best friends works at the dealer and told me he found a local GT500 loaded at the same price I would pay for a base model...(he was going to inspect it for me, as I would never buy a car sight unseen unless this was the case)

He sent me pics of it and it looked great in the pics (as they always do).

He had pretty good communication with the seller early on, but once we started asking questions the guy did a ghost on us. I was so upset that I nearly didn't get a Shelby!

After a few days of trying to get ahold of him, my dealer found me a brand new one 5000 off MSRP and I jumped on it.

Good looking out and posting this OP! Maybe we should send this guy some hate mail to his Marina! LOL!

Bullitt3478

Established Member
Totally agree. Although, I am sure I have never driven a wrecked car since all my cars were bought brand new from the dealership.

In the case of buying from some one you are right. If the title doesnt say it or the reports dont list it, then we dont know what really happened.

Just because they are brand new doesn't mean they have never been wrecked. Buddy of mine got a 13 5.0 " brand new" and found out it had been smashed hard. Car was unloaded off the carrier at the dealership, stray car skidded off the main road,into the dealer lot and nailed this car. They repaired it and sold it as new.... Long story short,ford bought it back and he got a new 14. But ya can't always assume new means undamaged

02_Lightning

Established Member
Looks like this car isn't for sale on CL anymore.... I hope nobody bought this and got taken!

Users who are viewing this thread