Billet Pro Shop Twin 73mm T/B & Oversized Elbow

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
As soon as my tune shows up I will have it all bolted up...(again) lol.

20140414_191435.jpg

bossnova3

Established Member
Yes sir on my car 1.26v on the TPS was the ticket, without enlarging the holes a little the least I was able to get it to was 1.29v which was still to high. After this the car idled like stock, so thanks for this reminder last time I remember having to do this was back on my terminator days...

Last edited:

dotmpeg

Established Member
Was this changing the elbow and tb or just changing tb only? I haven't seen them dyno the monoblade with elbow yet. I dunno why? Unless I missed it.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I can attest personally to the importance of adjusting TPS voltage PROPERLY. Do not touch the adjustment screw like other companies say to do. Mine ran like absolute crap when I tried to adjust TPS voltage with the blade screw. I set it back to factory, then adjusted the TPS voltage to 1.21 by modifying the mounting holes and cutting off the locating tab on the TPS. It's now idling much better. I still need to fine tune it a little, but the throttle response from this thing is insane. It feels like the boost even comes on harder and earlier.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I can attest personally to the importance of adjusting TPS voltage PROPERLY. Do not touch the adjustment screw like other companies say to do. Mine ran like absolute crap when I tried to adjust TPS voltage with the blade screw. I set it back to factory, then adjusted the TPS voltage to 1.21 by modifying the mounting holes and cutting off the locating tab on the TPS. It's now idling much better. I still need to fine tune it a little, but the throttle response from this thing is insane. It feels like the boost even comes on harder and earlier.

Boom!!!!! Glad we spoke when we did before u pulled your gun out and shot the TB...lol.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I don't have any numbers from mine. I had some issues on the dyno as well. But from the moment I installed it, the idle was flawless, and it drives like stock. It's a nice piece for sure. It's hard to tell on an 800hp car, but it feels the same/similar at WOT compared with my SCJ mono. So hopefully there are some gains there.

For what it's worth, I had to grind quite a bit out of my Whipple inlet for this to work properly. It wasn't a big deal, and it looks clean, but it was a lot of grinding to achieve a true smooth transition.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
So far ive seen 2 different results when installing this tb. 1. car runs mint after its set up properly and tune is calibrated properly. 2. Tb set up properly and tune is off resulting In driveability problems. Car that needs a tune adjustment I actually set the tb up personally and installed it on my car to insure it worked flawlessly Whadda ya know maybe the tune wasnt so good after all.

Little Birdy told me 51hp gain over stock was seen...31hp over CJ65.....16hp over FR Super mono..

Last edited:

dturboman

Established Member
Have you had any issues with it hanging? I'm on my second BPS73, the first one was had blades that were making contact with the and once the car got hot it would hang - I filed the blades down some and it would work perfect 95% of the time, but sometimes under high temps it would hang when coming to a stop. TPS was set to 1.98 by opening the TPS mount holes. - as soon as I install the stock TB the car would run perfect. I will say when it works it runs great, but the blades hanging up is a big deal.

what was your previous TPS voltage vs what your set the BPS at?

Last edited:

dturboman

Established Member
What drivability problems did you run into after your install on the previous tune.

So far ive seen 2 different results when installing this tb. 1. car runs mint after its set up properly and tune is calibrated properly. 2. Tb set up properly and tune is off resulting In driveability problems. Car that needs a tune adjustment I actually set the tb up personally and installed it on my car to insure it worked flawlessly Whadda ya know maybe the tune wasnt so good after all.

Little Birdy told me 51hp gain over stock was seen...31hp over CJ65.....16hp over FR Super mono..

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Have you had any issues with it hanging? I'm on my second BPS73, the first one was had blades that were making contact with the and once the car got hot it would hang - I filed the blades down some and it would work perfect 95% of the time, but sometimes under high temps it would hang when coming to a stop. TPS was set to 1.98 by opening the TPS mount holes. - as soon as I install the stock TB the car would run perfect. I will say when it works it runs great, but the blades hanging up is a big deal.

what was your previous TPS voltage vs what your set the BPS at?

Unless you got a wrench light the high idle is tune related. Setting the tps between 1.18v-1.26v is standard. I have yet to see a wrench light thrown from a BPS TB due to blade contact so I cant help you there but hanging idle is tune related. I have quite a few friends now running this tb and none of them are having issues when the tps is setup correctly and tune is on point...they are all raving about the TB actually.

Last edited:

dturboman

Established Member
I did get a wrench light -car runs perfect until it got hot, after about 20 min of driving I would get a wrench light. - when it gets hot you could feel the blades sticking. There is guy local to me has the same exact issue as me, I'm not going to speak for him but he has marks on his bore from contact.

TPS is set dead on, no issues there. - as I said I got the BPS to work perfect 95% of the time, but only after I fixed the contact areas on the blades. (it would fail every time previous to that)

Unless you got a wrench light the high idle is tune related. Setting the tps between 1.18v-1.26v is standard. I have yet to see a wrench light thrown from a BPS TB due to blade contact so I cant help you there but hanging idle is tune related. I have quite a few friends now running this tb and none of them are having issues when the tps is setup correctly and tune is on point...they are all raving about the TB actually.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I did get a wrench light -car runs perfect until it got hot, after about 20 min of driving I would get a wrench light. - when it gets hot you could feel the blades sticking. There is guy local to me has the same exact issue as me, I'm not going to speak for him but he has marks on his bore from contact.

TPS is set dead on, no issues there. - as I said I got the BPS to work perfect 95% of the time, but only after I fixed the contact areas on the blades. (it would fail every time previous to that)

I heard about your tb issues now that I got a few texts this am...take the trip to monroe township , NJ to have the guru look at it..he will diagnose it and or fix it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread