Billet Pro Shop Twin 73mm T/B & Oversized Elbow

breoland

Established Member
If you are looking for a plenum to match up to an older frpp TVs a d use a 73mm round..
I had one made up and is for sale.
I ended up coming across an older LM CNC one that I couldn't pass up
Contact me if you are interested...so I can explain

BilletProShop

Established Member
ahh so its a custom fit if you want it?

edit: should see if there is a difference on the crusher inlet!

i will have access to a 2.9 crusher this weekend and will test fit the t/b,
pics to follow

Cool, nice work. Would there be any substantive benefit over a '13 TVS with a L&M 72mm and port matched L&M elbow?

L&M 72mm is a great t/b, it is actually 72mm wide and 66mm tall, our new t/b has round blades and will outflow the 72mm by a fair margin,
as for the L&M elbow , great piece but it does not fit the 13 TVS

I don't want to speak for BPS but I think it depends on the blower you're running.
I understand the BPS elbow is for the '13-14 TVS? :shrug:
-J

exactly it will only fit the 13-14 TVS, we might consider making one for the FRPP TVS and that would also fit the VMP TVS but before we do ,
we will have to do some testing on these as their inlet is 30% smaller and that will have some effects on the benefits

brandonflood123

Established Member
great! thanks alot. i will be checking back to see the fitment on the 2.9l w/CRUSHER inlet

thanks BPS for answering all my questions

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
L&M 72mm is a great t/b, it is actually 72mm wide and 66mm tall, our new t/b has round blades and will outflow the 72mm by a fair margin,
as for the L&M elbow , great piece but it does not fit the 13 TVS

The elbow does with the correct '13 TVS part needed for the elbow and port matching...I've been running it for a year.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just of it installed, no interior shots or anything www.2008GT500.blogspot.com . Steigmeir bolted it up, port matched it, and painted everything black after removing the SVT lettering.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The elbow does with the correct '13 TVS part needed for the elbow and port matching...I've been running it for a year.

To clarify, you're saying Steigmeir bolted up an L&M elbow to a '13 TVS and port matched them? and you run the L&M twin 72 TB?
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Just read the blog post, it does read that way, didn't know the L&M bolted up to a '13 TVS :shrug:
From the pics the stock '13-14 TVS elbow is pretty efficient, but I'm looking forward to running the new BPS elbow and twin 73mm TB :rockon:
-J

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
This... At the end of the day, we know that there are significant increases compared to OEM vs. your BPS Twin 73mm & Elbow; For guys that have "other products" already, is it possible to see comparisons of the increases with the competition....? Thanks, :beer:

BPS - Appreciate your time in answering questions for everyone, looks like you didn't see mine? Do you guys foresee doing any comparison testing with 13/14TVS, your BPS Twin 73mm & Elbow with the competition to see actual gains between the two....? If you need a test car, I'll volunteer...:) Thanks! :beer:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
BPS, what is your stance on all the wrench lights and dead throttle concerns there were with the street driven L&M 72mm TB's and why is your 73mm different? I'm really consittering your new set up but I can't be bothered by the issues the L&M 72 caused for me with my car (and seemingly many others).

breoland

Established Member
The difference of the 73 from the LM 72 is that the 73 is 73mm round and the LM 72 was 72 wide and 66mm tall in an oval shape
I had a lm72 with zero issues on the street and at track
I now have a 73 round with zero issues...maybe you should have your tune looked at
As for the others that had the issue...maybe go back at look at the common denominator.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't have any issues with mine either, thankfully. Running a Lund tune and switched from a Whipple Monoblade, which was fine as well although a little more touchy around town.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Let me give you the basics... My car ran great with the L&M 66, then I upgraded to the L&M 72 and things went downhill from there. I first got the wrench and dead throttle with the torque correction settings set very "tight" which was the way my tuner described it. He said he always kept those settings that way for safety purposes and knew of certain tuners that opened the torque correction limits to unsafe levels (what Ford called testing only limits). I then heard the same from some other very reputable members of the community. My tuner opened the limits to the testing limits which by Fords standards are far beyond a safe setting for daily driving, so that he could get some data from the TB and tune for it. However, even with the limits set to their highest, I still got the wrench and dead throttle before we could ever get any real data out of it. It was really strange because the car ran like a beast, no problems at all, on the dyno and on the hour ride home from his shop. It was the next day when I went for about a half hour ride that toward the end of the trip, the dead throttle reared its head for the first time. Then it just kept coming back no matter what we did. After researching this issue, I found that there were quite a few people that had similar problems with the TB. Obviously not everyone, but enough to make me wonder why. My tuner works very closely with Jerry and John, so it's not like he didn't have access to the knowledge. He was pretty sure that he could have gotten it nailed down, but I just couldn't take the chance of getting stranded being that I often drive it with my 3 year old daughter in the car as well. This very well could have been a problem with my specific TB, I'm not saying that the L&M was junk cause it wasn't. It was a dam masterpiece and Jim Larocca offered to help me out personally, I just never had the opportunity to meet up with him.

So I eventually just switched to a FRPP 65 and called it a day. It's been great ever since, but I'm leaving 20+ RWHP throughout the curve on the table from where it was with the 72. I'd love to get that and more since I've done long tubes since then as well, back with the 73, but it's just not worth it if I'm gonna run into the same problems.
My tuner is back in town for a short amount of time and if this pops back up once he head back to Texas, I'm kinda hosed. It's not like I don't trust him, I've been with him for almost 15 years and he's tuned every one of my cars. My car runs great as is, but of course more power without spinning the blower harder is a very tempting venture.

Last edited:

bossnova3

Established Member
Can't wait to get my FRPP blower and elbow from the wizards at BPS, hopefully after the work done to the blower and elbow and the addition of their TB I should see very solid improvements in track times and speed. Can't hardly wait...

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Let me give you the basics... My car ran great with the L&M 66, then I upgraded to the L&M 72 and things went downhill from there. I first got the wrench and dead throttle with the torque correction settings set very "tight" which was the way my tuner described it. He said he always kept those settings that way for safety purposes and knew of certain tuners that opened the torque correction limits to unsafe levels (what Ford called testing only limits). I then heard the same from some other very reputable members of the community. My tuner opened the limits to the testing limits which by Fords standards are far beyond a safe setting for daily driving, so that he could get some data from the TB and tune for it. However, even with the limits set to their highest, I still got the wrench and dead throttle before we could ever get any real data out of it. It was really strange because the car ran like a beast, no problems at all, on the dyno and on the hour ride home from his shop. It was the next day when I went for about a half hour ride that toward the end of the trip, the dead throttle reared its head for the first time. Then it just kept coming back no matter what we did. After researching this issue, I found that there were quite a few people that had similar problems with the TB. Obviously not everyone, but enough to make me wonder why. My tuner works very closely with Jerry and John, so it's not like he didn't have access to the knowledge. He was pretty sure that he could have gotten it nailed down, but I just couldn't take the chance of getting stranded being that I often drive it with my 3 year old daughter in the car as well. This very well could have been a problem with my specific TB, I'm not saying that the L&M was junk cause it wasn't. It was a dam masterpiece and Jim Larocca offered to help me out personally, I just never had the opportunity to meet up with him.

So I eventually just switched to a FRPP 65 and called it a day. It's been great ever since, but I'm leaving 20+ RWHP throughout the curve on the table from where it was with the 72. I'd love to get that and more since I've done long tubes since then as well, back with the 73, but it's just not worth it if I'm gonna run into the same problems.
My tuner is back in town for a short amount of time and if this pops back up once he head back to Texas, I'm kinda hosed. It's not like I don't trust him, I've been with him for almost 15 years and he's tuned every one of my cars. My car runs great as is, but of course more power without spinning the blower harder is a very tempting venture.

Bill my 72 works flawlessly your welcome to try it out on your car...using a TB you know works perfect is the key...that will eliminate the question of tune or part issue. The TB on my car was Jim Laroccas personal 72 as a matter of fact.

Last edited:

BilletProShop

Established Member
BPS - Appreciate your time in answering questions for everyone, looks like you didn't see mine? Do you guys foresee doing any comparison testing with 13/14TVS, your BPS Twin 73mm & Elbow with the competition to see actual gains between the two....? If you need a test car, I'll volunteer...:) Thanks! :beer:

Rob,
what exact comparison would you like to see, spring is around the corner and we will be doing more testing as soon as weather permits..... hopefully soon:))

I've got the cj twin 65 with a tune now, anyone know if I'll need a new tune with bps tb?

Adrian,
in most cases this t/b swap will not require tuning, bolt it on and enjoy!!!!!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
BPS--please put me on the list for an elbow and twin 73 TB combo? Do you need a deposit?
-J

Sorry just re-read that and can see we can order now.
If we order now, will we be charged now or when the parts are produced/ready to ship?
Just asking as I plan on ordering some other parts also and want to call and discuss those/do it all together.
-J

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
BPS--please put me on the list for an elbow and twin 73 TB combo? Do you need a deposit?
-J

Sorry just re-read that and can see we can order now.
If we order now, will we be charged now or when the parts are produced/ready to ship?
Just asking as I plan on ordering some other parts also and want to call and discuss those/do it all together.
-J

Get their fuel rails too!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread