Black 03

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
Hi guys I finally got me a 03 cobra been wanting one since they came out. I had a 96 red cobra that I did a few mods to but gave it to my brother and I went bowtie c5. Learned the errors of my ways and few bad deals that went sour I finally got me a 03. It is a black hard top I bought it from a dealership that didnt even know that it was modded outside having rims and exhaust on it. So I bought it for 19k with 40k miles on it. I will update this post with pics hopefully tomorrow. :dancenana:

update finally got pics

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Congrats 19k I guess ain't bad for 40k, how clean is it

you must have more than rims and exhaust at 530 though, like a port, so how do you know 530 exactly from a dealer?

black is sick when clean but can be a bitch

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Well, Congrats...but I like the white ones...nah, Black is awesome...:beer:

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
Congrats 19k I guess ain't bad for 40k, how clean is it

you must have more than rims and exhaust at 530 though, like a port, so how do you know 530 exactly from a dealer?

black is sick when clean but can be a bitch

hehe yeah when I went to see it and I popped the hood it had a whipple on it. I just had it checked out at delk performance and retuned cause we didnt know what tune it had on it. Everything checked out good on the motor after retune in 95 degree weather it put down those numbers at 16 lbs. It also had bbk longtubes, bbk tb, heat exchanger, and bassani catback. Not the strongest numbers but not bad for a car I thought had 390 hp and a eaton. Its dusty right now but hey its black I will clean it up some and get some pics up tomorrow.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Congrats! A 40K Cobra for 19k is a steal for a stock eaton car, but already having a Whipple and bolt-ons?!? That's a hell of a deal! Only making 530 on a 16 psi Whipple sounds like it might not have enough fuel, did it have all the supporting mods?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
To the OP congrats on the car.

Also there's been some negative feedback before on here about Delk Performance. I don't remember who but it was not a good situation.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on what looks like a nice deal. Best of luck with it.

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
Congrats! A 40K Cobra for 19k is a steal for a stock eaton car, but already having a Whipple and bolt-ons?!? That's a hell of a deal! Only making 530 on a 16 psi Whipple sounds like it might not have enough fuel, did it have all the supporting mods?

Sorry for the delay in pics work has been keeping me from my girlfriend. Going to clean her up tomorrow, BTW the wifie hates her. I have had 2 other mustangs in the past a 97 gt and 96 cobra and Delk has done all the work on them. I have heard good and bad about them but they have always done me well. I told them I wanted it safe, but yeah to go further I need to upgrade injectors and fuel system.

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
Congrats on what looks like a nice deal. Best of luck with it.

Also want to say thanks bob my cobra already had a tri ax shifter on it and it was loud ordered your shifter gasket. Night and day difference after I put it on.

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
yeah guys I am very excited about this car I keep telling myself it's got to be to good to be true. Dealership said the guy turned it in for a blue gt500 with white strips though so sure that is a beast also.

Users who are viewing this thread