Blowers for 5.0's... who has what?

Ratchet

Established Member
So just out of curiosity, who has what blower? I am thinking about getting a 2012 instead of 2013 and using the extra coin saved off the price to either do a Griggs suspension or a blower. Was thinking the TVS, that's about 6k. So anything around that price would work... and what all comes in the kits? Are they complete kits with nothing extra needed? I tried looking online, but lots don't actually list what is in the kit. ALSO, I would not want to blow it up..lol So stay around 9psi?

Thanks, Any comments, pics or suggestions on mods would be great.. I would be starting with a clean slate and if I did do this I would have about 12 k to do mods. So try to sway me into stepping into a 5.0... cause I am still not totally decided that's what I should do just yet...haha:beer:

Thanks guys.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Tvs kit, either from roush kit or vmp kit. Nothing else required at all. 460ish to 550ish hp at 7-9ish pounds of boost. Daily driveable and reliable.

Ratchet

Established Member
Any MT-82 trans issues at that power level? I suppose I could go auto... but I really like the whole shifting thing... :beer:

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
there are plenty of MT82s that are pushing that power level. I ordered my TVS kit through JDM. After all my price shopping i got the best price through them.

I would go Boss is i had the coin and then slap a blower on it!

RI_2011_GT

Established Member
Roush TVS, 82mm Pulley, AFCO Heat Exchanger, JLT Big Air Intake, Ported Throttle Body and Elbow, VMP Tune. JUst installed and haven't even driven it yet, but friend who installed told me 3rd it just roasts the tires at full throttle. I will take the to the Dyno to get more fine tuned next month.

Ratchet

Established Member
Lol.. thanks. I am new to this section of the forum.:beer:

Edit: In reading that thread tho it still doesn't give to many opinions on these set ups and how they have held up under use. Also curious as to what people have found needs to upgraded to accommodate a bit more boost.

Anyhow, thanks again to everyone for there ideas and opinions so far.... keep em coming.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
stage II procharged Kit. P1sc, Boss manifold, O/R X pipe, 47lb GT500 injectors, 1 degree colder plugs. ~570 rwhp. 7-9psi. MT82 as well. Stock clutch. VMP email tune too

I'm switching to a F1a headunit, 11-12psi, meth, longtubes, and a boss clutch later on this year though.

Last edited:

deepsouthtech

Established Member
I went back and forth for months between tvs or novi from beefcake. I don't think that you could go wrong with either. That said, I really truly love my TVS and don't regret it one bit.

Ratchet

Established Member
I went back and forth for months between tvs or novi from beefcake. I don't think that you could go wrong with either. That said, I really truly love my TVS and don't regret it one bit.

I have been liking the TVS blowers for a while now. Did you have to do any other mods/upgrades that didn't come in the kit? What power are you running, and did you go with the supplied tune?

Thanks.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I have a 2012 Gt 6M with the FRPP 2.3 whipple 624 hp package 9lbs. I haven't had it dynoed yet. But I DD mine pretty much, no issues what so ever. Pulls like a freight train when your in WOT, and very mild when just putting down the road. I am still ave. 22-24 mpg highway/city driving. No clutch problem or trans problems.

Flaco1

Established Member
2.9 whipple here on mt82 with no clutch issue pushing 600rwhp and loving every moment I drive it. Next goal is going built motor and putting the whipple to work.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Paxton ftw! Can't beat it imo. Its capable of over 1k hp without changing anything but the pulley and if you contact beefcake its the cheapest setup.I love mine. I have around 3000 miles on it now and im just getting ready to change the supercharger oil for the first time. Its been great so far!

alex12gt

Established Member
3k miles on tvs unit and love it running jlt intake with o/r xpipe and currently a bbr tune but prolly switching to vmp.....drives like stock and plenty of pneededhen needed (575hp dyno)

csb85

Established Member
I have the procharger stage 2 p1sc running 8 psi with offroad x pipe and catback car put down 605hp/480tq. Got my kit from evolution performance and then drove it down to them and had lund tune it.

jayman33

2.3 whipple pushing 604 with the MT82, right now I have zero issues. Drives like stock til you get on it. Give Gary Yeoman's Ford in Florida a call, I picked up the 2.3 tuner kit for 5k, 5250 shipped.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
2.3 whipple pushing 604 with the MT82, right now I have zero issues. Drives like stock til you get on it. Give Gary Yeoman's Ford in Florida a call, I picked up the 2.3 tuner kit for 5k, 5250 shipped.

thats the key, make some calls and price shop. there are deals to be had if the end user is willing to do some leg work!

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Paxton 2200SL kit, ID1000 injectors and tuned by Ken Bjonnes of Lund Racing. Completely stock MT-82 trans. Over 600/480 at the wheels, 22-25 mpg and no issues. Only had about 1000 miles on that set up before I re-deployed but the car hauls ass. Completely tame on the street but when you climb into boost you better hold on. Much cheaper than the TVS if money is a component of your decision. Either way you will be happy.

bull3441

Established Member
Go with a centri blower. A lot easier to set up meth injection with a centri to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread