Blowers for 5.0's... who has what?

Teej281

Established Member
Get your suspension and wheels and tires first. Not going to go anywhere if you can't hook up. As far as power upgrades, do you want the instant torque of a PD blower, or do you want it to keep building until redline with a Centri? Or do you want the most power for your money and go Turbo? The new kit that Ken Bjonnes is working on is stellar and can make gobs of power on low boost. Something worth noting.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I can get you setup with a paxtor or vortech setup.

Power potential of over 1000 rwhp and knocking on the 8 second door in a daily driver.

Less Expensive
Less IAT Temps than "ANY" other setup, centri or roots
Stock Tensioner, so no stress on the crank

Let me know once you make a purchase!

Beef
513-478-1965

Ratchet

Established Member
Get your suspension and wheels and tires first. Not going to go anywhere if you can't hook up. As far as power upgrades, do you want the instant torque of a PD blower, or do you want it to keep building until redline with a Centri? Or do you want the most power for your money and go Turbo? The new kit that Ken Bjonnes is working on is stellar and can make gobs of power on low boost. Something worth noting.
Well I am coming from a 570hp KB'd cobra... and really like the feel and look of that... but who knows I may have to try something diff and give Beefcake a call.But I would have to sell the Cobra first and after years of just tryin to get it up to it's potential, and gettin all the issues solved it seems, I got it back yesterday. It's a totally diff car now, a beast. So I am in no hurry to sell, and I can sit and wait for the right deal. It was a blast to drive last night, calm and mild and treatin me right when just cruising around... but give it some air and it get's just a bit violent..haha So yeah, I would be doing a whole package deal, some suspension upper/lower control arms, springs relocating brackets , adjustable panhard, CC plates and a shifter, new set of wheels with good tires... and a blower. :beer:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I'm definitely leaning towards a Paxton setup in the next year and I'll be calling up Beefcake at that time. Was really liking the Roush but the Paxton is cheaper and I believe will work better for road course applications. No sudden torque spike and loss of traction on corner exit.

mazroth

Established Member
Roush TVS, 82mm Pulley, AFCO Heat Exchanger, JLT Big Air Intake, Ported Throttle Body and Elbow, VMP Tune. JUst installed and haven't even driven it yet, but friend who installed told me 3rd it just roasts the tires at full throttle. I will take the to the Dyno to get more fine tuned next month.

Will the ported throttle body and elbow make much more power on that amount of boost?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I'm blower less right now but this winter I will probably be going with Procharger or Paxton, leaning toward Paxton.

Users who are viewing this thread