BMR vs WHITE LINE suspension

poof100

Established Member
My car is at JPC now getting BMR springs,panhard,LCA,relocation brackets,JPC UCA,and strange 10 way adjustable shocks on all four corners. I cant report on the mustang suspension but I can say on my 00 WS6 T/A BMR suspension worked flawlessly car ran consistently in the low elevens and went straight every time. I had no noise issues at all. This is why im a repeat customer for my mustang.

Are you getting the JPC Turbo kit too?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I had JM lca's and ripped a bushing. Threw them out and ordered the BMR lca's and they have been flawless since. I also had the whiteline UCA and it was horrible. Outside of the thing almost splitting in half you could not adjust pinion angle or AS to where you need it on a stock ride heigh car. I did not know this until I got the car. However after the metal fatigued and deformed I simply ordered the BMR uca and mount which has been flawless outside of the jam nut coming loose once so far. Either was I notice zero additional nvh over whitleline with the full BMR set up. My vote would be for BMR but that's just me as I should have gone with them from the get go.

Did you use lock tight on the jam nuts prior to it coming loose?

Also how did you notice it came loose?

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
I have BMR lowering springs, BMR lca, relocation brackets, panhard, sway relo., and their recommended Viking shocks....awaiting strange front struts to finish suspension.

On that note, after testing, I'm extremely satisfied with BMR's products. On top of their quality product, Kelly has been there to assist me in dialing in the car. Will have track results whenever this weather will cooperate.

Last edited:

Laloosh

Established Member
Did you use lock tight on the jam nuts prior to it coming loose?

Also how did you notice it came loose?

I started to hear a clunking during daily driving. I then parked the car and left it gear got out and rocked it to confirm it was drive line related. Jacked it up and the rear jam nut was loose. I did not use lock tite initially but smeared it on while retightening it and it has been fine ever since.

I post from my phone 99 percent of the time so sorry in advance for the piss poor grimmer.

BMR Tech

Wow guys, we REALLY appreciate all of the support!

It is feedback like this that keeps us striving on, and gives us the confidence to continue being the leader in S197 Suspension.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Wow guys, we REALLY appreciate all of the support!

It is feedback like this that keeps us striving on, and gives us the confidence to continue being the leader in S197 Suspension.

When you make a good product and have good customer service it goes along way with customers. :beer:

kingnut

Established Member
I talked with Kelly at BMR for over 15 minutes one day about UCA's. He didnt try to rush me off the phone and was very professional talking about other manufacturers parts vs their's. I wasnt pushed to buy anything from him and he actually listened to my questions. I dont currently own any BMR products... but I wouldnt hesitate to purchase any if needed in the future.

jdcobra

Established Member
The only purchase I have from white line is their trans bushing. Maybe I would have bought BMR's had they came out with one. To be honest, ill probably go with full white line bushings and watts link, and bmr everything else

SCalla1384

Established Member
Correct, as they offer the best parts with my research, so I will be using them by choice. No need to get defensive.

How did they get defensive? Didn't say anything negative at all. I think your just trying to start something stupid because they're a vendor.

OP. I use BMR products, LCA, relocation brackets and tubular radiator support and love all the pieces. Very nice, work very well, and great prices.

phfelts

Established Member
BMR offers hammertone...I like hammertone...so I got hammertone! I can only speak to the quality of the BMR UCAs and LCAs. Their instructions were clear and they're always easy to work with if you have questions. I don't have a lot of mechanical know-how, but I was able to tackle the UCA installation without any great difficulty, it just took a little time is all. I'm still waiting to install my LCA relocation brackets, and then I'll be done with the suspension!

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
If you are using the car for daily driving, I highly recommend a set of BMR-SP009 Lowering Springs. They have a nice aggressive look, and have rates that are more catered to all-around performance, instead of handling effort. If you would like to research this, for reference, our rates are Linear Working rates of 165F/160R.

As for struts and shocks, one of the better "all-around" performers are the Tokico D-Specs, and the Strange Adjustables. The Strange pieces are slightly cheaper, and will work better when you want to adjust them for straight-line performance. The Koni's are typically highly recommended by many, and I recommend them as well, but....they just lack in terms of drag-strip results.

If the car is a Manual Trans, and you are really concerned with performance in a straight line, a Double Adjustable Rear Shock will be your best bet. QA1 or Viking are the ones that I have the best luck with. I typically pair those with the Strange fronts, simply because those work so good, especially considering the $139/each price tag.

If you were not concerned with drag-strip performance, the best "bang-for-the-buck" award, IMO, goes to the $465 BMR/Koni STR.T Package:

BMR Lowering Spring, KONI STR.T Package: $465.45

That is 20% off on the Koni's and 50% off on the BMR Springs. Killer deal, but it is more catered to the average person wanting a solid performing shock/spring combo...and is not concerned with sixty-foot times at the strip.

:beer:

How in the hell did i miss that package deal! WOW!

And OP I use the SP-009 with stock springs and Eibach camber bolts. Overall performance is much improved and the band for buck is second to none!

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I had JM lca's and ripped a bushing. Threw them out and ordered the BMR lca's and they have been flawless since. I also had the whiteline UCA and it was horrible. Outside of the thing almost splitting in half you could not adjust pinion angle or AS to where you need it on a stock ride heigh car. I did not know this until I got the car. However after the metal fatigued and deformed I simply ordered the BMR uca and mount which has been flawless outside of the jam nut coming loose once so far. Either was I notice zero additional nvh over whitleline with the full BMR set up. My vote would be for BMR but that's just me as I should have gone with them from the get go.

which JM LCA did you have? I run the Billit JM LCA. haven't seen an issue with them yet.

ICU 5.0

Established Member
I chose BMR as they have a great reputation for parts and service. I read about WL's awesome bushings, but when I saw they were having failures on their UCA it made me very hesitant to go with a company that didn't do proper R&D on their products. BMR has been there since the beginning of the s197 market and is still big in it. This should show their commitment and quality as there has been a lot of different competition through companies and products since BMR has started. This is some peace of mind for me.

I started off with their adjustable PHB and the quality was very good. The product was very simple to install, easy to adjust, and user friendly. Instructions were clear and make it easy to know what tools you need before you start. BMR even thought to put a 90* grease fitting on one end of the PHB for easy grease access due to the location.

I was impressed enough with the PHB and I ended up pulling the trigger on their boxed LCA's and relocation brackets recently. The quality of the products and hardware was impressive. I have no concerns about installing those beefy bastards on my car and feeling safe. I enjoy how the bushings are easily greased and accessed. I just re-checked all of the bolts and brackets after 500 miles an everything is still rock solid. The performance of these parts has been excellent and I am looking forward to going to the track tomorrow and cutting some better 60 foot times. The rear end feels much more planted and solid. The stiffness is noticeable over bumps, but that only makes sense. My old lady screams more from a dig, so I know the seat-of-the-pants feeling is better and traction is improved (she is my test subject lol).

The finish on these is awesome. The hammertone finish is a fantastic look and durable. I am planning on getting their adjustable UCA and bracket very soon as I have been very impressed with the stuff I have bought from them. The best part, for me, is that all of these things are easily installed in your own garage with jack stands! No welding, cutting, or any crazy modifications required for the items I have bought. I DD my car and the additional noise level is very minimal at most. If I have the radio on at all or the windows down, there is no extra noise. I hope that review helps you some.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread