Boost Controller for Twins

Jtaugner

Established Member
Those of you running a Twin setup, what kind of boost controller are you running? Are you just running Wastegate or Manual/Electric.

I was thinking of just getting a basic Turbosmart Manual Tee versus spending $450 for a Eboost2.

poof100

Established Member
Those of you running a Twin setup, what kind of boost controller are you running? Are you just running Wastegate or Manual/Electric.

I was thinking of just getting a basic Turbosmart Manual Tee versus spending $450 for a Eboost2.

Do it right the first time and get an AMS 1000. The huge plus of a Turbo setup is to be able to fine tune the boost, ramp in time, etc and you only get that with a good Boost controller.

poof100

Established Member
As much as I'd like to spend $1,000 for a boost controller. It just isn't in the cards.

Gotcha. I know JPC has had good luck with the Leash boost controller as well, hit up Eric for more details. I know it's cheaper than the AMS.

I'd definitely do any type of electronic boost controller to fine tune your setup, especially at the track. You can even just do manifold pressure to start with the controller.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
We have been using the GFB Boost controller. It is prop one of the easiest ones out there. Shows vacuum as well as boost with 6 different boost groups. Also features a over boost protection where you can set it to any boost level and a scramble button (add up to 5lbs at even given moment)

We usually sell them with all the kits.

If you have any questions, you can shoot me a call.

561-417-5555

Benchracer

Established Member
Get a leash boost controller. Randy is a one of the smartest guys I have ever met in the racing scene. Excellent customer service and a very humble guy who has proven his products work as good as the high dollar equipment.

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm starting to read into all this stuff and i like the Eboost2
What other boost controllers do people use?

BUCKET

Established Member
I liked the go fast bits ease of use and display but I cannot leave anything alone. So I am now running an AMS 1000 with dedicated air setup. I wish I could have gone AMS 2000 at the time

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member

I have a brand new Eboost2 I can sell you, its been in my car for a month so far, but Im gonna go with C02 i think.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I'm using the GFB GForce 2. Works perfect for the price point. It's easy to use and looks great on my steering column. Haven't gotten into the all the features yet so I can't comment on that (switching boost and scramble) but the gain/duty cycle are easy to access and manipulate. Great buy!

Bud

Established Member
I have a used one of the turbosmart dual stage manual controllers for sale, this one: Product | Dual Stage | Turbosmart USA

Allows two settings, one normal and one off of a button/12v source. Kind of pricey for a manual though. I'm going AMS as well. The manual controllers will get you started and some of them are very cheap. Can always get an ebay jobby to try out until you get the itch for better control.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Gotcha. I know JPC has had good luck with the Leash boost controller as well, hit up Eric for more details. I know it's cheaper than the AMS.

I'd definitely do any type of electronic boost controller to fine tune your setup, especially at the track. You can even just do manifold pressure to start with the controller.

Save some cash and go for the Boost Leash... It's the one I picked up for my setup and its been on fast setups also its about $550. I never realized Eric and them were running the same controller cool stuff.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Kind of wondering if i should go with the C02 one... or will that be over my head/overkill for a street/track duty car... or just go with the simple Eboost2...
I guess i'll ask my tuner to see what he says.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Kind of wondering if i should go with the C02 one... or will that be over my head/overkill for a street/track duty car... or just go with the simple Eboost2...
I guess i'll ask my tuner to see what he says.

For most street applications Co2 is overkill but it is the best way to control your boost. I'm doing street / strip and im sticking with vacuum for my boost controller. I don't wanna deal with refilling co2. Most higher level controllers can run on both like Boost Leash and AMS.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
For most street applications Co2 is overkill but it is the best way to control your boost. I'm doing street / strip and im sticking with vacuum for my boost controller. I don't wanna deal with refilling co2. Most higher level controllers can run on both like Boost Leash and AMS.

i'm like 60% street, 40% track. I will go to the track until i get a slip I'm happy with for the setup i have lol... after that i usually just play on the streets, and ocassionally at the track (once a month).

poof100

Established Member
Save some cash and go for the Boost Leash... It's the one I picked up for my setup and its been on fast setups also its about $550. I never realized Eric and them were running the same controller cool stuff.

Yeah, JPC likes the Boost Leash a lot. It's a nice controller, and it's running in Al's 2011 Turbo car that just went 9.24@150. They are using CO2 with the Leash and it's working well.

I'm still running manifold pressure on my AMS 1000 but will switch to CO2 once the built motor goes in.

My personal preference is more towards the GUI of the AMS a little better than the Leash, but both are nice and both work well and can't go wrong with either.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The MSD controller (laptop programable) and the Leash/MMR controllers are great, we are a authorized dealer for both for anyone that has questions. We use the Leash in both the worlds fastest coyote (7.02@202) and the worlds fastest overall Modular (6.04 @ 246.89)

Let us know how we can help.
Modular Motorsports Racing

mmr%20coyote%201.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread