Boss + Boost

Jenkins

Established Member
I have a Boss and was wanting to go forced induction and wanted to get some opinions. What would the best route be for me? I have really been considering going with a 2.9W or maybe even bigger. What do you all think?

coposrv

Established Member
Depends on you goals. What do you use the car for? DD, roll racer street car? Road course? Drag strip?

coposrv

Established Member
The centri cars are making great power in a nicely contained kit but if I had the coin for a boss it would have twins as well.

coposrv

Established Member
The whipples are nice but I think best bang for your buck is the centri. Especially on a highway car. It hod pull like a freight train.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
how much power are you wanting?

a black vortech kit looks simply amazing on these cars, and you get to keep your boss intake

can make up to about 700rwhp with them

if you want more than that, you could go with a paxton kit, 1000 rwhp potential for less cost than any other setup

for the $$, my vortech / paxton packages will give you all the power you need

GokartMozart315

Established Member
why wouldn't you sell the boss and get a shelby...? the bosses are meant to be road race cars and better set-up for the turns, but i figure a shelby with bolt-ons and tune, maybe a slight blower upgrade, could easily get you where you want to be. leave the bosses unmolested please so we can buy them down the road!

haha either way, this plan sounds like fun

coposrv

Established Member
Who cares about it being a boss that is used to straight line stuff? Have fun with it.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Centri for sure. I am at 655rwhp with barely any timing, and more tuning to go. Should be a tad over 700rwhp in street trim in a few weeks. These motors respond to boost like crazy. I am running a D1 setup, but an equivalent Vortech/Paxton compressor will be in the same ballpark also.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Centri.. No contest..

A whipple doesn't match the powerband of the car and turbo's are ALOT of work and a PITA to tune..

I'd go with a Beefcake Paxton in a heartbeat..

Users who are viewing this thread