Boss intaked 5.0 verse 2009ish GT500 kinda a kill

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
To come from 4 cars down on a roll he must have been stock and in overdrive. Good kill anyways, fyi a bolt on 5.0 isn't running with a bolt on gt500 from any year in a roll race. A blown 5.0 is a whole other story though, then the tables turn if the shelby is still running the stock eaton.

Dunno, but I'm a 3.31 car. I went from 3rd and ended at the top 4th at 7600rpms... if he was in 6th he was an idiot, but since the gt500 doesn't rev as high he would have had to shifted into 5th at some point.

Last edited:

voodoo21

Double Tap
Established Member
I've got an 08 500 with pulley,jlt 123 cai, lightened body, 4.10 gears, port matched tb & elbow, full exhaust, Lund tune, stock blower, and have destroyed simple bolt on 5.0's. 305/45/18 nitto 05 drag radials. I'm making 16lbs of boost according to the factory gauge. Most of the time I just set the cruise at 68 and wait for folks to instigate. I20 between Columbia and Camden

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I've got an 08 500 with pulley,jlt 123 cai, lightened body, 4.10 gears, port matched tb & elbow, full exhaust, Lund tune, stock blower, and have destroyed simple bolt on 5.0's. 305/45/18 nitto 05 drag radials. I'm making 16lbs of boost according to the factory gauge. Most of the time I just set the cruise at 68 and wait for folks to instigate. I20 between Columbia and Camden

Cool story, no one is doubting a pulley on a gt500 is faster then a bolt-on 5.0.

Spudz

Established Member
Aren't you a cop?? Maybe I'm getting you confused with someone else...

You're probably thinking of big boobs green shirt guy. I don't remember his name because all I see is his avatar when he posts.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
It's not hard to believe a bolton 5.0 putting 3-4 cars on a stock 07-09 GT500.

From all the races I've seen it is, friend of mine has an 09 an I have a 11. We've raced them all from stock to modded and it never ends well for the 5.0 on a roll.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
From all the races I've seen it is, friend of mine has an 09 an I have a 11. We've raced them all from stock to modded and it never ends well for the 5.0 on a roll.

I've had a different experience. I came from a 2003 Cobra which made 653rwhp and weighted 3300lb, so the 5.0 felt slow when I got it, but it is the rpms that make this 5.0 mustang quick and I'm impressed with the motor. I've taken out pullied cobras, this gt500, and barely lost to a head/cam/n20 GTO. All of these cars made more HP then me, but some how the little 5.0 runs them out...must be the RPMs.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I've had a different experience. I came from a 2003 Cobra which made 653rwhp and weighted 3300lb, so the 5.0 felt slow when I got it, but it is the rpms that make this 5.0 mustang quick and I'm impressed with the motor. I've taken out pullied cobras, this gt500, and barely lost to a head/cam/n20 GTO. All of these cars made more HP then me, but some how the little 5.0 runs them out...must be the RPMs.

Or the driver, most important factor in the outcome of these races. In all seriousness an 09 shelby stock whp at 450whp with a couple hundred extra pounds vs a bolt on 5.0 at ~400whp will be a good roll race.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member

Except on svt forums where 5.0's destroy every car they race by at least 4 car lengths.

turd burglar

Established Member
Hahaha why the hell is the one guy comparing a fully bolted gt500 to a 5.0? I'd hope to hell you'd spank an all motor, small displacement car at that point, it's like saying that you hunt house cats or some shit.

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Beware of the Boss intake 5.0 w/ full exhaust and a tune.

Us GT500 owners should just turn off the next street when approached by these King of the street monsters. And then throw in a S/C on a coyote... that thing is gonna need a parachute on the back for all that record breaking horsepower.

I agree, who needs a stock GT500 when you can buy a stock 5.0 and mod it with the world famous Boss intake, exhaust and a great tune and start pulling bus lengths on a GT500. Add lower gears and DR's and then your talking being able to take out a Mclaren F1 & Lambo's.

There is just no way i would agree to race a 5.0 with those mods, i couldn't keep up (sarcastic voice of course)

stangfreak

Established Member
Beware of the Boss intake 5.0 w/ full exhaust and a tune.

Us GT500 owners should just turn off the next street when approached by these King of the street monsters. And then throw in a S/C on a coyote... that thing is gonna need a parachute on the back for all that record breaking horsepower.

I agree, who needs a stock GT500 when you can buy a stock 5.0 and mod it with the world famous Boss intake, exhaust and a great tune and start pulling bus lengths on a GT500. Add lower gears and DR's and then your talking being able to take out a Mclaren F1 & Lambo's.

There is just no way i would agree to race a 5.0 with those mods, i couldn't keep up (sarcastic voice of course)

when I am driving my 710rwhp cobra and see a 5.0, even if its stock, I tend to stay as far back as possible. As soon as I see a turn, I make it. even though it takes me the opposite way I want to go.

Users who are viewing this thread