Boss intaked 5.0 verse 2009ish GT500 kinda a kill

b_dike

Established Member
I've had three Cobra's, not a Cobra hater. Love them for what they are and have a good friend with a 2014 GT500 which I have beat on a couple times.

See... what I tell ya. Not to mention the thread next door a 5.0 beat a c6z... who's next?

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Im over in smackdown reading the 5.0 with exhaust & tune beating a 13 GT500 thread...... Jesus Christ what's next indeed? A veyron?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
What numbers? Its about more than power, see GT-R(and no Im not comparing a 5.0 to a gt-r). The two cars are a drivers race stock, correct? Mod either and it leaves the other in the dust. I think a full bolton 5.0 will put 3-4 cars on a stock 07-09 GT500.

No and seeing is believing, how many of these races have you seen? I'm not doubting the Op or his story the shelby just was in the wrong gear. Me and my friend with the 09 have raced more 5.0s than any other car on the road, there everywhere. At the track from a dig the 5.0 is a little quicker than an older stock shelby. From a 40-140 pull it takes some bolt ons for the 5.0 to make it a race, even though the hp is similar and the 5.0 is a few hundred lighter the shelby just has a ton more torque that jumps it out front on the hit. Fyi to the op I wind out 4th at 140 with my stock gears so the top end isn't an issue. A gtr is an animal with a ridiculously fast shifting transmission that isn't even remotely comparable to either one of these cars. Another friend has a tuned 10 gtr and I have a heck of a time beating him modded. Every time I shift he reels me in a little as I watch in the side mirror but I'm able to hold him off.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
So you also beat a 2014 GT500 a couple of times?

I am glad that I have a 5.0 on order. I'll get basic boltons and beat a car with over 150 more rwhp and 200lbs more weight. Watch out 13/14 GT500 owners. :)

No I havent beaten his gt500 with my 5.0. I've drivin it hard, that car is a beast. Should have used a clearer wording in the above post.

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
5.0 owners need to choose they're wording very carefully when posting kill stories regarding terminators and other superior mustangs...

Dadarkside

Quicksilver
Established Member
Nice!!
saw a beautiful white and blue striped gt500 in my rear view. He was a couple cars length behind me when he floored it (ricer style). I found third gear and nailed the pedal (about when he was at my rear fender). Since he had a head start i had to catch-up--he had about 4 car lengths on me when i stopped his pull. I reeled him in by the top of fourth and smiled at the driver once my car pulled up to his. I barely past his and then shut it down. After the pull he took the next exit and i followed hoping to chat. I followed him for a minute, but realized he was trying to avoid me, so i just went home. Guy must have had some serious butt hurt about the pull, but it made my day. His facial expression, as i was passing, was priceless. It had 2013 looking gt500 mufflers and very wide rear tires, i don't know what his other mods were. Theoretical if the race had been fair and the cars evenly lined up, i think i would have pulled about 5 cars on him give or take.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
If a 5.0 beat me. I would be trying to run him off the road to find out what was done to his car.

Why are you so butt hurt that a bolt on 5.0 beat a stock GT500?

All because you have a GT500, doesnt mean it's the fastest thing on the road. :bored:

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Why are you so butt hurt that a bolt on 5.0 beat a stock GT500?

All because you have a GT500, doesnt mean it's the fastest thing on the road. :bored:

I guess I shouldn't care. I know my car is faster so whatever. It's just odd to find a stock gt500 so enjoy. I had my intake, pulley and tune in my garage before my car was even picked up.

4-5 cars is bs though.

OneSlowV

Established Member
But first gen GT500s are slow stock. Hell they can barley pull a ls2 vette lol . A lighter bolt on 5.0 will have no problems with a 4000 lb Shelby.

Sick03Vert

Banned
No a gtr will walk away from a 5.0. What are you guys smoking. I can't read this thread anymore my head is going to explode.

The 5.0 driver stories are true. It's like damn ls1 owners from a few years ago.

:beer:

Winner.

The sooner you except the fact, that 5.0s don't lose unless to another 5.0, the sooner your head will feel better. It's just the natural progression of 5.0s. First it was 03/04 cobras, now it's older gt500s. All I can say now, watch out 13+ gt500s. Your next guys... lol

I don't think they would waste gas on a 13+ GT500. Stretched nitrous Busas are probably next on the list. Then Veyrons. Then light. Then time itself.

One of these days someone is going to launch a 5.0 so hard, they are LITERALLY going to live Back to the Future. Dangerous car, those 5.0's.

I've had three Cobra's, not a Cobra hater. Love them for what they are and have a good friend with a 2014 GT500 which I have beat on a couple times.

^ said every 5.0 owner ever. :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread