Boss Valve Springs?

stang8psi

Established Member
why? the boss spring are more than good enough to handle his power goals, his stock cams, his rev range... makes no sense to me to spend the extra money, its not like the boss springs are junk and going to fail.. 15-20% stronger and stiffer than stock when he doesn't even honestly need them is a good budget upgrade for him.. more money doesn't always mean it's necessary or better for the op's application

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I don't have the measurements in front of me, but I researched this a while back,

but the boss are just slightly stronger than stock

they are designed for an n/a engine that reves about 600 rpms or so higher than the stock

mtrsprt

Established Member
^15-20% stronger and stiffer than factory springs! good for 8000k revs, and a 13mm lift.
Exactly. No reason to run anything other than Boss springs IMO.

Terry's race car may be an exception obviously.

I haven't heard anything about problems or breakage with even stock GT valve springs on boosted 600-675rwhp GT's....

Bud

Established Member
Op, if you want to try the boss springs let me know. I have a pair that were installed on my heads but I swapped them out before I ever fired the motor (I went with MMR springs). I definitely understand running outta money on a build. If you want teh boss springs, pay the shipping and they are yours. Let me know.

And didn't racerat's 3.6l kenne bell boss make stupid power on those stock boss springs?

jojobee

Established Member
Op, if you want to try the boss springs let me know. I have a pair that were installed on my heads but I swapped them out before I ever fired the motor (I went with MMR springs). I definitely understand running outta money on a build. If you want teh boss springs, pay the shipping and they are yours. Let me know.

And didn't racerat's 3.6l kenne bell boss make stupid power on those stock boss springs?

If he doesnt want them i would certainly pay for shipping :)

RFM50

Established Member

I will definitely take them off your hands. Thank you! Pm sent

Users who are viewing this thread