Bought a car lot

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Man congrats I go to auctions and stuff because I have some friends and family that work in the business. It is pretty crazy man. Those auctions are crazy. I know how tough it can be and I wish you all the luck man. It can be tough but it can be a fun living.

Are the auctions crazy? Is it tough? :poke:;-)

Congrats OP, looks like you are well on your way now!!

s_x_i

Established Member
The auctions can be intimidating if you don't know what you're doing. I tend to wait until later when a lot of people have already bought stuff - there's less competition towards the end and there's still plenty of cars rolling through. I don't see why guys are assholes about it, they normally roll anywhere from 12-1500 cars through in about 2-1/2 hours, I figure that there's enough to go around for everyone. If you bid too high on one I want, there will be another one along in a minute.

RideThePONY

Say what?
Established Member
Congrats on turning nothing into something! Looks like she's up and moving now with ALOT of potential there.

s_x_i

Established Member
Ho...Lee...Shit!

I'm so ****ing busy I can't believe it, we've sold 8 cars in the last 7 days, I can't buy inventory quick enough. Whatever I get in here, from Tahoes to Mercedes, everything seems to move within a week or two and now tax time is coming around, I'm just overwhelmed.

I have good feedback on Google and I put up goofy ads on Craigslist, but I haven't really done any other advertising, just drive-by and word of mouth. Of course there's been a few speedbumps in the road and a couple of problem customers, but on the whole I'm absolutely amazed at how this thing has taken off. We started pouring more concrete out back and hopefully we'll have the entire front of the lot paved within the next 2-3 months. All in all, I'm beat up, wore out, yet extremely glad I made the jump.

Now, who wants a discount on a nice harley truck?? :beer:

Stinger2011

Established Member
Awesome. I'm happy for ya. I'd like to start a business some day, but i'll probably always be just about as broke as I am now. Lol.

Btw, that was a nice black Dodge you had. Would have driven the crap out of it.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Congrats man.. my first job was washing cars at a small car dealership. Glad to see someone on svtp doing good

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

THE_STIG

Established Member
Glad to hear you are not only surviving, but actually doing great business. Congratulations on all your success. Post up some recent pictures.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Ho...Lee...Shit!

I'm so ****ing busy I can't believe it, we've sold 8 cars in the last 7 days, I can't buy inventory quick enough. Whatever I get in here, from Tahoes to Mercedes, everything seems to move within a week or two and now tax time is coming around, I'm just overwhelmed.

I have good feedback on Google and I put up goofy ads on Craigslist, but I haven't really done any other advertising, just drive-by and word of mouth. Of course there's been a few speedbumps in the road and a couple of problem customers, but on the whole I'm absolutely amazed at how this thing has taken off. We started pouring more concrete out back and hopefully we'll have the entire front of the lot paved within the next 2-3 months. All in all, I'm beat up, wore out, yet extremely glad I made the jump.

Now, who wants a discount on a nice harley truck?? :beer:

It seems like a lot of people around here are already getting their taxes done which means an increase in sales. I am glad your business is doing good. Best of luck to you!

Monster Mach

Established Member
It seems like a lot of people around here are already getting their taxes done which means an increase in sales. I am glad your business is doing good. Best of luck to you!

Well the irs just had a huge delay on the refund checks... if you filed from the 17th till the 24th you won't even see the check before the 1st. (Sorry new job for jackson hewitt)
But on a side note most peoples W2s are downloadable through adw. So we started cutting some checks as soon as the 15th (as soon as the irs let us lol)
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Used car market is still very healthy, as you've found out. Great move on your part to get into it and you've really turned the place around. There's so much win with the overall appearance improvements and the banner. LOL! I wish you continued success. Post up more pics as you do more improvements to the property. Love it!

VFOERSTER

Established Member
Awesome Job. Glad to hear it is up and running well. Don't let the bad customers outweigh the good ones. Take it from a parts guy. There will always be bad customers it just depends on what you make of them.

All the luck in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread