Bought an automatic (Shelby Watch Content)

Jmurrz

Established Member
... Automatic watch that is!

After taking a vacation to Las Vegas and visiting Shelby American I had a higher appreciation for the history of Shelby. It felt like fate to see it in a glass case of a watch store hours after I had left Shelby American, I knew I had to have it. I know some of you guys are into watches in and of themselves, but I think most people here can appreciate a watch that combines cars - especially a special edition watch that is a collaboration from Shelby and Baume Et Mercier. The watch is a tribute to the 289 Shelby Cobra CSX2128.

8FE3D827-3D09-4169-BC7F-C0EC8F1FAFF4_zpsvw88ff2f.jpg

1433B625-172C-4AA3-8A0D-B2D2F64324F7_zpspwcz0p5c.jpg

I have a few automatic watches, but this one is by far my favorite!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
thats more than id spend on a watch but mostly because id destroy it. but that is very nice looking watch. and not ridiculously priced either. seems average price for a high end, quality watch. you'll likely never run into anyone wearing the same one either.

Jmurrz

Established Member
This is my first time using the app- so excuse any mistakes.

Thanks guys, to non watch people I know it sounds like a crazy amount of money, but it really is toward the lower end of automatic watches. Some of them get CRAZY (look up Urwerk or Patek Philippe if you want to feel poor LOL). I also was able to do a bit of negotiating so I ended up out the door for $3800 with no tax because they shipped it to my house. I got them to throw in the hat and leather Journal you see pictured there. The nice thing about them is that most automatic watches not only retain value, but they go up. Being that it is limited production, I am sure it will go up once they are sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That's a pretty penny, but at least it's not as high as the one that came out a few years ago. That bad boy was $8K!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a pretty penny, but at least it's not as high as the one that came out a few years ago. That bad boy was $8K!
I have a 350R watch I'll sell you for $2800 over retail..

Jmurrz

Established Member

I think you are talking about the gold 18k red gold version that came out when they initially launched the collection. They only made 98 of those and they listed for just under $25k!

08mojo

Established Member
This is my first time using the app- so excuse any mistakes.

Thanks guys, to non watch people I know it sounds like a crazy amount of money, but it really is toward the lower end of automatic watches. Some of them get CRAZY (look up Urwerk or Patek Philippe if you want to feel poor LOL). I also was able to do a bit of negotiating so I ended up out the door for $3800 with no tax because they shipped it to my house. I got them to throw in the hat and leather Journal you see pictured there. The nice thing about them is that most automatic watches not only retain value, but they go up. Being that it is limited production, I am sure it will go up once they are sold out.

You did good on that one. It's really quite reasonable in the 'watch collector' world. We all have our hobbies, and the prices associated with the hobby is always crazy to someone else.

Most of you would shit if you knew how much I spend on mountain biking or the small fortune I have in my home stereo.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good looking collectible watch, and decent price. The is nice presentation case.

Jmurrz

Established Member
You did good on that one. It's really quite reasonable in the 'watch collector' world. We all have our hobbies, and the prices associated with the hobby is always crazy to someone else.

Most of you would shit if you knew how much I spend on mountain biking or the small fortune I have in my home stereo.

Yeah, I really feel good about the negotiations. I even checked online to see if anywhere sells them cheaper and I couldn't find anywhere. Plus the store I bought it from was an authorized dealer.

You hit the nail right on the head, it seems crazy to someone else to spend so much on a hobby they are not interested in. As mostly car guys on this fourm, that is something we can all relate to if we told our friends/family/significant others what we really spend on our cars! People tell me all the time "I just don't get it, it is a car" but meanwhile they have a $15,000 china set that never gets used! It is all about what makes you happy at the end of the day!

Users who are viewing this thread