Brembo 6 Piston (2013) Front Caliper upgrade

DaFreak

Established Member
Hey All,

I recently purchased these calipers and hardware from Tousley ($750 total). The calipers are incredible (at least in the looks department), here's a few pics to wet your appetite:

DSC03694.jpg

DSC03688.jpg

DSC03679.jpg

And after Brian's masterful work:

DSC03788_zps67367a07.jpg

DSC03789_zpsa1b734ff.jpg

DSC03791_zps8a92e63e.jpg

All other supporting parts have now been secured. I should have everything in the next few weeks then let the install begin!

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I thought the 13' GT500 brake lines were stainless steel from the factory? I could be wrong, but I thought I read that as part of the changes. The calipers look awesome and for the money, its a no brainer. My bet is when your all done with the swap, you'll be able to sell the factory GT500 front brake set up for about as much or more than the new calipers cost you.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i picked up the same thing. just need to get them to brian for powder coating. i also grabbed the 14" rears as well which i suggest you do too to keep the brakes properly balanced. it might not mean much on the street but they did design it that way for a reason.

DepWraith

Established Member
Funny, u guys are upgrading and I'm buying parts to downgrade mine so I can get some wheels/tires that provide some much needed traction.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Funny, u guys are upgrading and I'm buying parts to downgrade mine so I can get some wheels/tires that provide some much needed traction.

lol.
you should keep your stock brakes though in case you might plan to sell it in the future. the price on them will probably be higher and the massive brakes are one of the great selling points of the car.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
i picked up the same thing. just need to get them to brian for powder coating. i also grabbed the 14" rears as well which i suggest you do too to keep the brakes properly balanced. it might not mean much on the street but they did design it that way for a reason.

Are you powdering the rears as well? Should look sweeeeeet :beer:

DaFreak

Established Member
I thought the 13' GT500 brake lines were stainless steel from the factory? I could be wrong, but I thought I read that as part of the changes.

Thanks PW, I was not aware of this. I will look into it.

I went with J & M...I'll trial fit them here within the next week.

Interesting in seeing your results please share when you can.

i also grabbed the 14" rears as well which i suggest you do too to keep the brakes properly balanced. it might not mean much on the street but they did design it that way for a reason.

Good point Steve. Are you doing a rear caliper upgrade too or just the rotors? Maybe both are required? Sorry, don't know the details on the rear upgrade.

DaFreak

Established Member
I think they are rubber. Here's a shot of a 2013 take-off...

2013GT500brakeline.jpg

The ad I saw them from...

They look to be similar to the Boss brake lines.

Thanks Tob! You have many resources my friend. Lol, the pic looks like the line is on a granite counter top!

FYI - Bruce let me know that he could not (at this time) source a 15" open track worthy rotor. The pickings are slim to none at this time.

Jeff

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Jeff, something tells me that a properly cooled 15" OEM Brembo rotor would probably do fine...

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Are you powdering the rears as well? Should look sweeeeeet :beer:

yes. pretty sure the rear calipers are the same. im going to send them to brian for him to determine as he can put both side by side. steve at tousely wasnt sure. they have different part numbers but that could be because of finish alone. its still the same measely little caliper but has a bracket to accomodate the larger rear rotor which is now 14". ill be doing the calipers in vista blue to match my stripes. in black, the calipers will look just like the stock ones, only bigger. most people wont notice. my whole purpose is for people to notice lol.

Good point Steve. Are you doing a rear caliper upgrade too or just the rotors? Maybe both are required? Sorry, don't know the details on the rear upgrade.

i bought the whole package. but i hope to return as much of it as i can lol. im pretty sure most of the rear is the same with just an extension bracket to move the caliper out since the rotor is now an inch bigger.

i wanted the stock rotors because theyll always be waaaaay cheaper to replace than any 2 piece cross drilled etc... types. being that this is THE only mustang with 15" rotors theyre not going to be very common which means they'll always be more $$. i only drive the car on the street and not enough of that even. so its mostly a bling mod for me when showing off my wheels :thumbsup: i had to talk myself into spending the $ on it lol. as van says, the stock brakes are sufficient with minor changes, for track use. let alone on the street. i had to do a panic stop the other day (huge dip) and my car stopped on a dime!! i was like damn! :eek::coolman: (tires are a big part of that too).

now im just waiting for van to get the hawk pads worked out and then ill get those. i bought the stock rear pads (no fronts in stock at the time) but ill be sending them back because stock pads tend to be too dusty..

iirc the brake lines are rubber. ive already talked to the guy from TPS on here about a special he has on steel braided lines. $100 for all four which is a steal imo. im just usually too busy to get to shopping around for my own stuff lol.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ill try to take my whole kit out later today and snap some pics and post them up

DaFreak

Established Member
... its still the same measely little caliper but has a bracket to accomodate the larger rear rotor which is now 14".

Wonder if my 14" DBA front rotors will work in the back (assuming I buy the bracket)?

... ive already talked to the guy from TPS on here about a special he has on steel braided lines. $100 for all four which is a steal imo.

Can you share the contact info? I am interested.

ill try to take my whole kit out later today and snap some pics and post them up

That would be super cool. Some measurements on the new rear rotor and close ups of the rear bracket would rock too :)

Cheers,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread